Thread: Is it for real?

Default Is it for real?

Sure nor not? How come many of us don't feel rich?
    The World’s Richest Country
    Singapore No. 1 For Millionaires – Again (only as a % of population)

As 陳雷 asks in this Hokkien song 有影無 ?

Default Re: Is it for real?

yup 17% here are considered " Millionaire house holds "...... some call Australia the Lucky Country.... wrong - this time SG can have it !!
    See my WTS items.. :) Any sales is by meet up face to face, payment is cash only.

No wonder cars are so expensive here

too many people have this feeling that you're rich when you've have lots of money.

but they forget one thing... rich can mean a lot of things:

rich [rich] Show IPA adjective, rich·er, rich·est, noun
    adjective
    having wealth or great possessions; abundantly supplied with resources, means, or funds; wealthy: a rich man; a rich nation.
    abounding in natural resources: a rich territory.
    having wealth or valuable resources (usually followed by in ): a country rich in traditions.
    abounding (usually followed by in or with ): a countryside rich in beauty; a design rich with colors.

of great value or worth; valuable: a rich harvest.
    Last edited by kei1309; 22nd April 2013 at 10:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dfive View Post
    yup 17% here are considered " Millionaire house holds "...... some call Australia the Lucky Country.... wrong - this time SG can have it !!
    Singapore is a lucky country: Free education, high performance government, clean environment, no crime, low tax, cheap public housing, corruption free, efficient public transport, freedom of expression etc. etc.
    Last edited by Sion; 22nd April 2013 at 11:22 PM.

I think it is true. When my mum talks to neighbours, everyone says their son or daughters staying in district single digit, married some rich men's son, fly everywhere for work, etc. There doesn't seem to be any neighbour's children that has done average. I think I am the only one.

So if someone married a multi-millionaire, the whole family benefitted. 1 becomes many.
    Last edited by ManWearPants; 22nd April 2013 at 11:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dreaming View Post
    can see cannot touch.
    Why?

You have been shooting XMMs?

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    cheap public housing, freedom of expression etc. etc.
    Sorry I disagree with those 2, especially the first. There is nothing "cheap" about the public housing here.
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Sorry I disagree with those 2, especially the first. There is nothing "cheap" about the public housing here.
    Sarcasm doesn't get you at 2AM, does it

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    Sarcasm doesn't get you at 2AM, does it
    Not at all.
    Alpha

just remember money isn't wealth

wealth is - health, good quality of living, not unduly stressed, great family relations, and finally, enough material provision.
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

Quote Originally Posted by Shizuma View Post
    just remember money isn't wealth

wealth is - health, good quality of living, not unduly stressed, great family relations, and finally, enough material provision.
    and lots of K-pop

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    and lots of K-pop
    Kei-pop !
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

Quote Originally Posted by Shizuma View Post
    Kei-pop !
    NO!

Quote Originally Posted by ManWearPants View Post
    I think it is true. When my mum talks to neighbours, everyone says their son or daughters staying in district single digit, married some rich men's son, fly everywhere for work, etc. There doesn't seem to be any neighbour's children that has done average. I think I am the only one.

So if someone married a multi-millionaire, the whole family benefitted. 1 becomes many.
    What is average?

When all of us die, we all will probably stay in the same district. I guess if you married some rich man's son maybe you will have a nicer tablet but that's about it. Life is a lot more than about money and status and name and I really won't be too bothered about such comparisons. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that we can do without money, but I just think it doesn't have to be emphasized so much as long as we're doing fine.

Concentrate on the finer things in life - not the luxury hotels, having pictures taken at "expensive destinations" for your wedding, posing with good food... There's nothing wrong with that if you have the means, or you want to treat yourself. But being gracious to people around you, treating everyone with respect, so that they remember you for good things (not what expensive things or lifestyle you have), even though they may not remember your name 10 years later.. And doing it, because you can be happy with how you live your life.. That is a goal attainable to ANYONE, and one that will bring great contentment.

Quote Originally Posted by edutilos- View Post

What is average?

When all of us die, we all will probably stay in the same district. I guess if you married some rich man's son maybe you will have a nicer tablet but that's about it. Life is a lot more than about money and status and name and I really won't be too bothered about such comparisons. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that we can do without money, but I just think it doesn't have to be emphasized so much as long as we're doing fine.

Concentrate on the finer things in life - not the luxury hotels, having pictures taken at "expensive destinations" for your wedding, posing with good food... There's nothing wrong with that if you have the means, or you want to treat yourself. But being gracious to people around you, treating everyone with respect, so that they remember you for good things (not what expensive things or lifestyle you have), even though they may not remember your name 10 years later.. And doing it, because you can be happy with how you live your life.. That is a goal attainable to ANYONE, and one that will bring great contentment.
    Hear hear!