Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Thread: Harvey Norman Extended warrenty...

  1. #1

    Default Harvey Norman Extended warrenty...

    Owners of camera with harvey norman extended warrenty where do u send ur camera for servicing after the first year warrenty by manufacturer? harvey or manufacturer? manufacturer ie canon,nikon,km ...
    thx

  2. #2
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default

    Send it back to the manufacturer, if in doubt give harvey Norman a call.

  3. #3
    Senior Member jnet6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    not here often anymore
    Posts
    8,169

    Default

    pls double check with them...
    dun let yr equipment landed up in other place without u knowing.

  4. #4

    Default

    thx for the advice.... but how come no owner with HN extended warrenty replying? no one send in for service before during the extended period??? hmm

  5. #5

    Default

    went with my friend to get a cam. the salesman said that during the manufacturer warranty period, you send to the manufacturer. then after that period you need to contact harvey norman.
    he gave my friend a hotline number and said to call that number and arrange a time before sending the product to them. there's no phone number on your extended warranty card? can check with harvey norman lor.

    the best thing is always to hear it from the lion's mouth itself. otherwise might get wrong info.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    The 13th floor
    Posts
    546

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by giddygoat
    went with my friend to get a cam. the salesman said that during the manufacturer warranty period, you send to the manufacturer. then after that period you need to contact harvey norman.
    he gave my friend a hotline number and said to call that number and arrange a time before sending the product to them. there's no phone number on your extended warranty card? can check with harvey norman lor.

    the best thing is always to hear it from the lion's mouth itself. otherwise might get wrong info.
    This is the normal practice; My HV ext warranty also by 3rd party, not the manufacturer. Same goes to Court's ext warranty.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    nowhere... juz a random stray.
    Posts
    2,227

    Default

    Well, I had. Called HN to log in the call, den send to Nikon Service Centre... Nikon service centre quote HN on all repair costs, etc... I juz go back to Nikon Service Centre to collect my camera when repair is completed.

    Camera juz slightly over 2 yrs when I send in.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    8,167

    Default

    Call up the tel no on the HN extended warranty card.

  9. #9

    Default

    wah ashleyy so good ah?
    does that really mean that the Harvey Norman Extended warranties allow us to go to manufacturer for servicing while Harvey Norman pays for it? Is that official? I hope so

  10. #10
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default

    isnt that what I said?
    I checked the T&C of their extended warranty b4 purchase.

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default

    wow... 1st time hear this... always thought buying those extended warranty from HN is useless esp for cameras...

    nxt camera i think i get from HN, abit more ex nevermind... peace of mind is utmost important...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  12. #12

    Default

    I bought a Canon scanner from Best Denki with extended warranty(total 3 years).

    During the extended warranty period, called BD and was asked to send it to Canon service centre and show them my BD extended warranty invoice.

    When i collect my scanner, the repair cost was billed to BD and I pay nothing.

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Helbreath
    I bought a Canon scanner from Best Denki with extended warranty(total 3 years).

    During the extended warranty period, called BD and was asked to send it to Canon service centre and show them my BD extended warranty invoice.

    When i collect my scanner, the repair cost was billed to BD and I pay nothing.
    Wow ! Thats Good !

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    nowhere... juz a random stray.
    Posts
    2,227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by benedium
    wah ashleyy so good ah?
    does that really mean that the Harvey Norman Extended warranties allow us to go to manufacturer for servicing while Harvey Norman pays for it? Is that official? I hope so
    yup yup.. I sent in cos my image sensor spoil.. whatever that means... heee..
    But if the cost of repair too high, not sure will harvey norman still approve the repair or will they try to find 2nd hand sets or something to replace??

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashleyy
    yup yup.. I sent in cos my image sensor spoil.. whatever that means... heee..
    But if the cost of repair too high, not sure will harvey norman still approve the repair or will they try to find 2nd hand sets or something to replace??
    I believe the respective manufacturer will contact HN w.r.t the repair cost before they proceed further.

    Anyway I do know HN has a stockpile of "condemned" units in each outlet where they can replace your faulty camera if they happen to have stock of it. Up to the unit manager's discretion.

    This coming from a former employee of HN

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Singapore/Thailand
    Posts
    4,642

    Default

    wow~
    Budget wedding photographer :)

  17. #17

    Default

    Yup! Makes the extra money very worth the peace of mind.

  18. #18
    Senior Member Pablo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Blue/Green Planet
    Posts
    1,854

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blimmer
    I believe the respective manufacturer will contact HN w.r.t the repair cost before they proceed further.

    Anyway I do know HN has a stockpile of "condemned" units in each outlet where they can replace your faulty camera if they happen to have stock of it. Up to the unit manager's discretion.

    This coming from a former employee of HN

    It amazing what these (former) emplyees claim to know.

    HN do not ! have a stockpile of "condemned" units to use as replacements.

    The first year warranty is costed to the manufacturer and the extended warranty is costed to a company responsible for getting the work done.

    If a unit is within the warranty period or extended warranty period, there is no way they are permitted to say,"too costly to repair".

    Cheers.
    Time, is an effortless construction :)

  19. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo
    It amazing what these (former) emplyees claim to know.

    HN do not ! have a stockpile of "condemned" units to use as replacements.

    The first year warranty is costed to the manufacturer and the extended warranty is costed to a company responsible for getting the work done.

    If a unit is within the warranty period or extended warranty period, there is no way they are permitted to say,"too costly to repair".

    Cheers.
    have you personally seen the storage area behind each outlet before commenting?

    the respective warranty of the product applies, be it 1 yr or 3 yrs. after which the extended warranty comes into place. in case you are wondering which company HN buys the insurance from, it is AIA. In the event of the product being faulty beyond repair, HN reserves the right to replace the unit with another which they might have stock of or another model of similar value. the salesperson can recommend which unit to replace with but the store manager holds the final decision.

    sorry but I do not know what you have against me since your comments do not sound the least bit friendly. if you have any cake to take against me, please do it via pm. I've no wish to argue the point further.

    peace out

  20. #20

    Default

    After a nice chat with pablo, I ought to apologise for the misunderstanding caused when I misinterpreted his reply of "It amazing what these (former) emplyees claim to know."

    The situation in aussie is slightly different from singapore so thats why the misunderstanding happened in the first place. I'll keep to myself what was shared between us but it was informative.

    Hope to see you when you re-visit Singapore

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •