Thread: Internet security and software

Default Internet security and software

hi,

was trying to buy some software for internet security and antivirus. was overwhelmed by spyware, adware, firewall and also different brands.

what really affect pc and web surfing?

which brand to buy?

thank you very much.

Try Microsoft Antispyware beta from Micrsoft site. It is free and I heard it works well ....

I think there was a thread on Internet security and firewalls recommendation recently (ard 2 weeks back?) Do a search and you will have your opinions

U can have all da software, but if u never practise safe and smart computing, ur PC will still be vulnerable to attacks.

U can always try Norton Internet Security = Firewall+Antivirus in 1. Or U can just download some free ones like sygate, zonealarm (with antivirus), etc or the free antivirus Avast Antivirus. I should know because I used to play around with viruses (on my comp or messing up my cousins)
    To me it's almost the same, I've seen many pccillin, norton antirus being shut down due to virus infecting it (!!!) hahaha.
    It's a russian roulette, with each brand strong in its own.
    TO me I'd get the free ones, since the results are almost the same. Yep best antivirus would be = DO NOT CLICK LINKS, LICENCES, UNAUTHORISED SOFTWARE DOWNLOADS

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    U can have all da software, but if u never practise safe and smart computing, ur PC will still be vulnerable to attacks.
    True.

For your information, a firewall is more important than an anti-virus software.

I have tried various firewall and anti-virus, still think the best performance while keeping the computer resource usage to a minimum is the Symantec Anti-Virus Corporate Edition (not the Norton Anti-Virus or NAV Corp Edition) and Sygate Pro Firewall. Where I get this Symantec anti-virus? I do not pay for them as I believe anti-virus companies employed coders to create these virus. USA government are not stupid to get these coders which will not allow them to suck money out of Asia.