Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fad or Best Prices?...

Quote Originally Posted by hongsien
    As far as the buyer has to be informed, selling things in SG is sometimes a pain.......many instances there will be that buyers ask soooo many questions, and at the end, they say, sorry, no money, or trying to haggle the price till unreasonably low. All this makes it a waste of time for the seller.......if you are not interested in the first place go somewhere else!

Just as there are unscrupulous sellers, there are unscrupulous buyers too....

Hong Sien
    i agreed with you..there are just too many instances of bad buyers too.
    Hence, i would not name names here, I do respect the audacity of some sellers here to outright reprise banal. as i said, contexts do vary.

its those really borderline/off pricings that gets the better of me.

There used to be someone putting a pricelist in this forum I think, or was it on another one?...but it needs to be kept updated, there are some threads that let people know of the prices, but these are scattered among the threads.....

Here is one on Holland:

http://www.tweakers.net/pricewatch/cat/62/top

and in HK:
    http://www.ygdragon.net/index.php?pa...ameraprice.htm

If something like thi scan be started in SG???

I understand that for some articles that are not easily available, the prices may go up......its all demand and supply, but sometimes demand is artificially 'inflated'........if you know what I mean...

Just as there are unscrupulous sellers, there are unscrupulous buyers too....
    I dun really understand the part on your comment on "bad buyer". If you are selling something, its normal that you have to entertain enquiries which most will end up with unclosed transaction. Look at it this way, if you have only one item its ONE chance out of many enquiries. Of course, if you want a definite close, offer a good price below the market. I am sure you will end up not wasting any or little time. The point is, its your transaction, its within your control and what you want is someone's money and you have to convince the other party to part with it.

One thing about BnS, I dun understand the definition of a good seller. You constantly get friends in the forum bumping up the thread giving on the seller. So its the item or the personality of the seller or as a whole the community is a big ? Its subjective and to certain extend misleading? In my personal opinion, if you are selling the price similar to a 2nd hand shop, I wouldn't classify it as a good price. A good price is in between the price these shops offer to take your item in and their selling price. These shops has overhead to maintain which is built into the pricing of the item but the seller here? Perhaps the little effort to bump up the thread 3-4 times a day.

Quote Originally Posted by litefoot
    I dun really understand the part on your comment on "bad buyer". If you are selling something, its normal that you have to entertain enquiries which most will end up with unclosed transaction. Look at it this way, if you have only one item its ONE chance out of many enquiries. Of course, if you want a definite close, offer a good price below the market. I am sure you will end up not wasting any or little time. The point is, its your transaction, its within your control and what you want is someone's money and you have to convince the other party to part with it.

One thing about BnS, I dun understand the definition of a good seller. You constantly get friends in the forum bumping up the thread giving on the seller. So its the item or the personality of the seller or as a whole the community is a big ? Its subjective and to certain extend misleading? In my personal opinion, if you are selling the price similar to a 2nd hand shop, I wouldn't classify it as a good price. A good price is in between the price these shops offer to take your item in and their selling price. These shops has overhead to maintain which is built into the pricing of the item but the seller here? Perhaps the little effort to bump up the thread 3-4 times a day.
    Well, try to sell a few items here, and when asking price is for example SGD 1000, you will get offers of SGD 500-600, while normal shops price is e.g. SGD 1100-1200..........I had it so many times,...........I am talking from experience......I will always answer questions, but I do get tired sometimes......

HS

Brother litefoot I think you are brutally honest here (though i second HS' portayal on the buyer-seller relationships here - your scenario may be somewhat ideal)..and i love your definition of good price

Your points are precisely the points I hope to raise here. What IS a good price here?

Again Bro HS has provided some very good leads. hope more fellow members read into this before jumping in.

Hehe...I get your drift... sometimes I see an item on BnS goin for Higher then what I paid brand new! Oh well...

Sometimes a kind sumaritan comes in and say, "you can get it new at XXX for cheaper!" Of course, then the kind guy will get flamed by the poster.

Think we all just have to be streetwise when shopping as BnS.

Well, try to sell a few items here, and when asking price is for example SGD 1000, you will get offers of SGD 500-600, while normal shops price is e.g. SGD 1100-1200..........I had it so many times,...........I am talking from experience......I will always answer questions, but I do get tired sometimes......

HS
    I have sold things through the net. Its a norm that you get extreme offers and its nothing new. Its up to you on how to handle them. The best offer that I ever had was to donate the item. Which I politely declined.

cuxiaowang and litefoot, you guys are among the few reasons why I still like hanging around the forums in clubsnap

I have sold things through the net. Its a norm that you get extreme offers and its nothing new. Its up to you on how to handle them. The best offer that I ever had was to donate the item. Which I politely declined.
    It all depends how extreme the offers.......if the current going prices are e.g. SGD 1000 for a used item, then offering SGD 600 is really a waste of time, your offer will very likely not be honoured, so why offering anyway? It really is a waste of time. What these people are trying to do, is to see if you are desperate for the money, and will sell if it hasn't been sold for long time....you get what I mean? :-), its all a psychic game!......it may be a game to some, but not for others.....

HS

He!he! that hasn't happened to me yet.......

Quote Originally Posted by Zplus
    Hehe...I get your drift... sometimes I see an item on BnS goin for Higher then what I paid brand new! Oh well...

Sometimes a kind sumaritan comes in and say, "you can get it new at XXX for cheaper!" Of course, then the kind guy will get flamed by the poster.

The incredible thing is that you go SOOOOO much bumping that you have to read the same ad 5-6 times a day. Its seems like a bz BnS forum but in actual fact only a couple of items on sale at a price level that isn't that attractive.

Flaming is a way of life in forums, if you can't take the heat, go chill out some where else. Yes, I am being anal. The thread is open to all, to me "no banal talk" is just a "gentle request" and not a "mandate". The mods and admin own the turf, starting the thread doesn't make anyone the owner.

for the great evening.

It depends on the item, some items are becoming collector items and will demand higher prices, than they originally were sold for........some items are so rare, and if demand is high enough, or someone really needs it badly, any price will be paid! :-)

HS

The incredible thing is that you go SOOOOO much bumping that you have to read the same ad 5-6 times a day. Its seems like a bz BnS forum but in actual fact only a couple of items on sale at a price level that isn't that attractive.

Flaming is a way of life in forums, if you can't take the heat, go chill out some where else. Yes, I am being anal. The thread is open to all, to me "no banal talk" is just a "gentle request" and not a "mandate". The mods and admin own the turf, starting the thread doesn't make anyone the owner.

for the great evening.
    Hahaha... thats true... but sometimes you do come across some really good buys. Just have to look around.

for the great weekend too...

OT: U wanna go shoot some this weekend??

Hahaha... thats true... but sometimes you do come across some really good buys. Just have to look around.

for the great weekend too...

OT: U wanna go shoot some this weekend??
    You do and I had a couple Catch is, you need to be fast.

Occupied with kid lah.

Upz for your shoot.

for the great evening.
    I agree that anyone should be able to voice it out, if the price is lower somewhere else (for a new item that is, as for used items this is more complicated). Threads are not owned by the starter, cause the forum as a whole is owned by the forum owners (he!he! who else?)........we are just given the opportunity to use the forum (for free), that's all........people who don't want to know of new prices, are not the sellers I want to deal with.......there are those off course who really don't know the current prices as for some items these can vary, and also decrease alot in a short time (digis)....

BTW: I don't know where you are, but it is not evening yet.....

HS

YES FINALLY!

Quote Originally Posted by benedium
    cuxiaowang and litefoot, you guys are among the few reasons why I still like hanging around the forums in clubsnap
    er...not sure thats a compliment... ..we are the too honest ones.

I agree that anyone should be able to voice it out, if the price is lower somewhere else (for a new item that is, as for used items this is more complicated). Threads are not owned by the starter, cause the forum as a whole is owned by the forum owners (he!he! who else?)........we are just given the opportunity to use the forum (for free), that's all........people who don't want to know of new prices, are not the sellers I want to deal with.......there are those off course who really don't know the current prices as for some items these can vary, and also decrease alot in a short time (digis)....
    PRECISELY..are the Moderators and Admin listening in?..

It all depends how extreme the offers.......if the current going prices are e.g. SGD 1000 for a used item, then offering SGD 600 is really a waste of time, your offer will very likely not be honoured, so why offering anyway? It really is a waste of time. What these people are trying to do, is to see if you are desperate for the money, and will sell if it hasn't been sold for long time....you get what I mean? :-), its all a psychic game!......it may be a game to some, but not for others.....

HS
    The market demand dictates the price. You are lucky to get a few sucker (ok, ok, its a little cruel) once in a while. Trust me, there isn't many. If your item is stuck for a while, its a clear indication that the price may not be acceptable to the market. No choice you want someone's money so you have to be opened to those unreasonable offers once in a while. As long as you want to sell stuff, you can't stop that from happening.

The only definition of bad buyer that I can think of is someone finalising on a agreement and jump ship on the day of transaction without informing you.

HK should be in the same time zone right?

for HK as a fine city, I used to live there for a short while.

Yeah, HK is a nice city! Many mountains! And I didn't know it could get cold here! I was almost freezing at home just a few weeks back.....I am going to do some trekking soon on the mountains!

Yes, when you can't get things sold either the price is too high, or no one needs it :-(........

But I am not talking about these, there are people who are just in the business of offering low prices as a 'game', and just run away.........

HS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12