Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Workshop - Zone System For Digital Photographer

Stop the Discussion Pls

Oh man, just leave this thread clear of personal views. This guy offered to give a workshop for free and this is a workshop thread, not a discussion thread or to bombard a person. This is an open forum, an impression of one may contradict with another, but it does not make one more right just because many more agree with you.

Christopher

Default veri intersted too

hi. im veri interested in the workshop. i wonder if they are anymore vacancy left? i had pm u my hp number too. thks

Quote Originally Posted by benedium
    Aiya... why won't we let people be who they are.
    Will we be happy only when EVERYONE behaves in an wimpy, 'gentlemanly' and uniform way?
    Why u prefer people to always be politically correct?
    Having a strong personality is a good thing right?
    Maybe you don't like rock or heavy metal, but lots of us do, and it's fun to be anti-authoritarian sometimes.
    If everyone were to be politically correct all the time, this world would be super sad.... and lame.
    And what will you gain from that?
    Learn to appreciate the good in people even though they have, to you, 'less desirable' traits.
    Not withstanding theITguy comments, there is little correlation beween unsavory vocabulary and strength of character/personality. Very often, people disguise their insecurity with foul languages, thinking it is cool to be crass. Anti-authoritarian for the sake of anti-authoritarian is not a trait of a strong personality.

My suggestion to photopurist is that he can achieve more without sprouting languages such as these.

I apologise for being OT.

Quote Originally Posted by student
    Not withstanding theITguy comments, there is little correlation beween unsavory vocabulary and strength of character/personality. Very often, people disguise their insecurity with foul languages, thinking it is cool to be crass. Anti-authoritarian for the sake of anti-authoritarian is not a trait of a strong personality.

My suggestion to photopurist is that he can achieve more without sprouting languages such as these.

Hi student, while I agree with your comments. I also believe that not everyone is so strong is their english to phrase their words exactly as they meant. Very often, they could have meant one way but did not phrase their words correctly...

So I guess the best is not to use anywords to say anything about anyone.. let's leave this thread solely for the purpose of signing up and discussion on the workshop.

Sorry if I OT too..

"Sprouting"? haha perhaps then...since he was able to make a certain ** symbols grow to mean absolutely something else. Well give and take ( HEY He's only a photo-purist!), but Foul language should be kept out since got Ladies and Kids in these forums too.

Ups for photopurist. Would be interested if u still conducting classes. Even if got nothing to learn, its nice to hear an alternative point of view. Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Ashleyy
    Hi student, while I agree with your comments. I also believe that not everyone is so strong is their english to phrase their words exactly as they meant. Very often, they could have meant one way but did not phrase their words correctly...

So I guess the best is not to use anywords to say anything about anyone.. let's leave this thread solely for the purpose of signing up and discussion on the workshop.

Sorry if I OT too..
    This will be my last comment in this thread because I know I am completely OT.

Ashleyy, I think it is important to differentiate between poor English (like mine! - wrong grammar and spelling) and foul English.They are poles apart! The examples I listed are not merely bad English. Read again.

Anwayy this thread is also not just about signing up for the workshop. Photopurist had asked for students of Temasek to help (something like that). I remain the only person so far to assist him by giving him a reference who might be of assistance to him.

Please count me in as well if there's still vacancy. Thanks!

To those interested in taking part -

Please organise yourselves people!

Add your nicks here please so that it'd be easier to tell at one glance who are the ones GENUINELY interested in learning.. Let me start..

Name List -

1) Vamp
    2) Khairi
    3)
    4)
    5)
    6)
    7)
    8)
    9)
    10)

(pls continue the list. Thank you)

p/s: As for those of you who feel your sensitivities have been offended, perhaps you should pm the offender to express your displeasure instead of broadcasting your disgust and thereby unwittingly crashing this thread.

Or you could simply start a thread of your own to continue on this.

Thank you very much in advance and please feel free to pm me if my statement distresses your sensitivites.

Add your nicks here please so that it'd be easier to tell at one glance who are the ones GENUINELY interested in learning.. Let me start..

Name List -

1) Vamp
    2) Khairi
    3) Nemesis32
    4)
    5)
    6)
    7)
    8)
    9)
    10)

p/s: As for those of you who feel your sensitivities have been offended, perhaps you should pm the offender to express your displeasure instead of broadcasting your disgust and thereby unwittingly crashing this thread.

Thank you very much in advance and please feel free to pm me if my statement distresses your sensitivites.

Smile Woow!

Okay..... I am back from my daily grind.

Cool down dude. I do not have any ill intentions when I used those languages in this forum. I have nothing against Ansel. In fact, I respect and admire Ansel as much as you do. He was a great photographer and the best printer ever. In my opinion, no one, no even John Sexton, prints better than Ansel did. Obviously, being a Zone System practitioner, I have to believe in Ansel.

Unfortunately, most Singaporeans are still not used to others using the four-letters-words (f**k,f**t,s**t and h**l, etc). They consider them an insult. Most students in the United States, however, use these words leisurely. We even use them on our professors and peers. So why make all the fuss. If you think that I am not qualified or not "clean" enough to be your workshop instructor, so be it. Simple, don't attend. You can boycott me. I don't care. Nobody owes nobody a living.

By the way, I shoot digitally 100% these days. Now I use film occassionally just because I need a break from carrying extra CF cards.

Back to the workshop. After much thinking today, I decided that those who are seriously interested in this workshop shall pay a $10 material fee. This fee will cover my printing costs for the notes used during the workshop. I don't make a cent. What do you think? Because the material alone will cost me exactly $9.60. Please give me your feedback.

Cheerios.

Thks Photopurist,

I think its really a kind gesture to teach without expecting anything in return. Its the action, not words, that speaks louder.

My humble suggestion: if there is going to be a class for every 8 students, those students will benefit a lot, but, there are bound to be many other people cant attent the workshop due to vacancy. furthermore, you would be spending too much of your time creating more classes.

Is it a good idea to create a online tutorial for the mass community? Would a unidirectional workshop like this work for you? If it does, i dont mind helping out you in creating it. I would be taking a few months of hibernation off, and would be free from June till Aug. Let me know, k?
    Yashica-B|Diseri 3-len|Canon 300|Canon 60D|EF 17-35mm F/2.8 USM L|EF 50mm f/1.8 II|Sigma 105mm F2.8

Default Good Suggestions...BUT!

Sounds like a great idea, but I am not as technically fluent as some of you folks here. I am not much af a web person except e-mailing and writing nonsenses on various forums. Maybe I need a technical consultant to do that, but I have to make it clear that I cannot afford to pay one. Not that I am cheap, but my monthly salary is peanut.

Default I want in too....

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis32

Name List -

1) Vamp
    2) Khairi
    3) Nemesis32
    4) Khnglh
    5)
    6)
    7)
    8)
    9)
    10)

Thanks for your offer to conduct this class....

Name List -

1) Vamp
    2) Khairi
    3) Nemesis32
    4) Asdfasdfadsf
    5)
    6)
    7)
    8)
    9)
    10)

Yashica-B|Diseri 3-len|Canon 300|Canon 60D|EF 17-35mm F/2.8 USM L|EF 50mm f/1.8 II|Sigma 105mm F2.8

This will be my last comment in this thread because I know I am completely OT.

Ashleyy, I think it is important to differentiate between poor English (like mine! - wrong grammar and spelling) and foul English.They are poles apart! The examples I listed are not merely bad English. Read again.

Anwayy this thread is also not just about signing up for the workshop. Photopurist had asked for students of Temasek to help (something like that). I remain the only person so far to assist him by giving him a reference who might be of assistance to him.
    Hehe.. sorry.. my english terrible too... But it's great to learn from you too. Hope I have more such opportunities...

Name List -

1) Vamp
    2) Khairi
    3) Nemesis32
    4) Asdfasdfadsf
    5) Ashleyy
    6)
    7)
    8)
    9)
    10)

Default Nice Move Guys and Gals!

Boy... I could never think of creating a list. In fact I never have the good habit of creating lists, even when I am shopping for groceries.

Great work! Keep it up!

Name List -

1) Vamp
    2) Khairi
    3) Nemesis32
    4) Asdfasdfadsf
    5) Ashleyy
    6)yymun
    7)
    8)
    9)
    10)

Name List -

1) Vamp
    2) Khairi
    3) Nemesis32
    4) Asdfasdfadsf
    5) Ashleyy
    6)yymun
    7) camedia
    8)
    9)
    10)

Name List -

1) Vamp
    2) Khairi
    3) Nemesis32
    4) Asdfasdfadsf
    5) Ashleyy
    6)yymun
    7) camedia
    8) Aim
    9)
    10)