Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2567

Thread: Investment Talk

Default Re: Investment Talk

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi View Post
    SingPost broke historical high at $1.75. Those who sold earlier are banging their chests now.
    I'm glad you don't say banging balls because I've sold all of my SingPost shares.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchRival View Post
    StanChart axes equities business! Ho ho ho!

StanChart stock also not doing very well. Whoever bought massively in 2006 when market price was almost 1500 would have lost ~1/3 the value.

In other unrelated news, Olams closing price yesterday was $2.01. Whoever paid $2.23 for it last year is also .
    should stick with apple.. so far so good

I invested before the financial crisis in 2008 and lost $15K.

After that I no longer invest in anything.

I think one should look to Warren Buffett and use his strategy. 1. Invest in the people, not the company. 2. If you don't know what you're doing, it's risky no matter how sound the plan sounds.

Of course, many people like to make it rich fast, but Warren Buffett's strategies are all long time one.

I've since made back all the money I lost, not through investment, but through my online website. In the end, for the best return, it's always better to start your own business. Start small, grow fast.

StanChart stock also not doing very well. Whoever bought massively in 2006 when market price was almost 1500 would have lost ~1/3 the value.

In other unrelated news, Olams closing price yesterday was $2.01. Whoever paid $2.23 for it last year is also .
    Sounded that you are a guru who can predict the future so that you can outperform our Temasek Holdings.

Quote Originally Posted by Parka View Post
    I invested before the financial crisis in 2008 and lost $15K.

After that I no longer invest in anything.

I think one should look to Warren Buffett and use his strategy. 1. Invest in the people, not the company. 2. If you don't know what you're doing, it's risky no matter how sound the plan sounds.

Of course, many people like to make it rich fast, but Warren Buffett's strategies are all long time one.

I've since made back all the money I lost, not through investment, but through my online website. In the end, for the best return, it's always better to start your own business. Start small, grow fast.
    You are lucky that your business flourishes. Others are not so lucky. There are many businesses which failed. Therefore, doing business may not be the best return.

Sounded that you are a guru who can predict the future so that you can outperform our Temasek Holdings.
    Heavens, no. Temasek is run by the bestest (lolololo), smartestest, most talentest people in the universe.
    Being only the lowly-educated creep that i am, of course i can't beat them.

But what does Temasek have to do with this?

In other unrelated news Li Ning hands out profit warning. Yet again.

You are lucky that your business flourishes. Others are not so lucky. There are many businesses which failed. Therefore, doing business may not be the best return.
    Nobody fails forever.

Sure, statistics say that 80-90% of businesses fail. But if you try long enough, you'll have a good chance of succeeding.

The trick's to start small.

Many of my friends, when I asked them if they think of starting a business, they instantly think of cost. If you think of only the cost of starting the business, then you won't even start.

And also, business is not about luck. Nobody gets to success by luck. Even those who look like they are lucky are not. You have to put yourself in the path of luck. You don't have to believe me. Just ask anyone who has a running business and ask them about the concept of luck.

One more! One more!

StanChart faces $4.4 bln commodities hit, may need to raise cash -analysts

StanChart closes Swiss private bank because nobody wants to buy it.

StanChart closes Swiss private bank because nobody wants to buy it.
    Why look at foreign banks? Look at our own local banks - DBS, UOB and OCBC. Those who have bought them last year would have made a killing.

Why look at foreign banks? Look at our own local banks - DBS, UOB and OCBC. Those who have bought them last year would have made a killing.

Local banks got fat by making loans with low interest rates and with the property bubble.
    Now with cooling measures and with a high-end property market whose performance is the worst in the world, they better find new sources for growth for the next decade.

And the huge chunk of non-performing loans on their balance sheets is really

And are they still giving 3% interest to depositors? And how much is their interest from housing loans?
    Last edited by ArchRival; 14th January 2015 at 10:51 AM.

Darn.. I should've bought all those swiss watches

sold CMT, brought kep corp.

some reits are climbing back to 2013 peak so good time to divest and lock in profits.
    like suntec, capita commercial, mapletree industrial, mapletree commercial, mapletree industrial.
    Last edited by Simon_84; 24th January 2015 at 09:02 AM.

Buy petroleum.

Stockpile loads of it when the price is low.

You'll make a killing when the price shoots up.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Buy petroleum.

Stockpile loads of it when the price is low.

You'll make a killing when the price shoots up.
    Already did. Bought 8 barrels of the stuff and stored at my Ah Mah's 2-rm HDB flat.
    She got no place to sleep. When oil goes up next year i will huat!!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2567