Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 47

Thread: Joss Paper DSLR for Chinese Funeral Rites

  1. #21
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Joss Paper DSLR for Chinese Funeral Rites

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    As above.

    Anyone knows where i can find a store that sells it or makes it? Any brand will be fine but Sony Alpha preferred

    Not for me, but for a friend whose dad's 1st year death anniversary's coming up soon

    Thanks!!
    What's wrong in burning your Sony Alpha for him?

  2. #22
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Joss Paper DSLR for Chinese Funeral Rites

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    just a DSLR, can't do much thing.
    you may also consider to give a him full package, start from UV filter, ND filter, GND filter, CPL filter, memory card, battery, camera bag, dry cabinet, camera cleaning kit, tripod, camera strap, computer, monitor calibrator, lightroom, photoshop, photo printer, photo printing paper, some photography magazines and books etc...
    No need XMMs to shoot?

  3. #23

    Default Re: Joss Paper DSLR for Chinese Funeral Rites

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    No need XMMs to shoot?
    I already suggest it.. but he want to shoot yam ah mee's brother instead

  4. #24
    Senior Member fatigue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Blk138 Bedok North Ave3
    Posts
    2,924

    Default Re: Joss Paper DSLR for Chinese Funeral Rites

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    and i was wondering why i need a Yam Warranty Card
    Warranty card is a must!

    Because in case there's a problem with the camera or lens, no 3rd party repair will accept the job
    9815-1974
    FB: Hilos Camera Repair

  5. #25
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: Joss Paper DSLR for Chinese Funeral Rites

    Quote Originally Posted by hanzohattori View Post
    also strobes, diffusers, umbrella, triggers. and what is he going to shoot? don't forget the XMMs
    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    No need XMMs to shoot?
    not sure will the deceased keen to shoot models or not, anyway, already have so many models down there, from ancient days to olden days till modern days, lots of choices,

    since not much people burn cameras for those who already passed on, so I guess this deceased will be very popular, just burn some blank DVD / CD for him do TFCD model shoots over there.

    on the second thought, better burn pro grade dslr and pro lenses plus back up........ so many models, so little time.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  6. #26
    Senior Member madmartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Outer Space
    Posts
    20,227

    Default

    Don't forget to include a ladder
    Take the shot!

  7. #27

    Default Re: Joss Paper DSLR for Chinese Funeral Rites

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    not sure will the deceased keen to shoot models or not, anyway, already have so many models down there, from ancient days to olden days till modern days, lots of choices,

    since not much people burn cameras for those who already passed on, so I guess this deceased will be very popular, just burn some blank DVD / CD for him do TFCD model shoots over there.

    on the second thought, better burn pro grade dslr and pro lenses plus back up........ so many models, so little time.
    Quote Originally Posted by madmartian View Post
    Don't forget to include a ladder
    Ok I think Kei chan will be questioned by the NEA/neighborhood police/etc for causing so much fire

  8. #28
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Joss Paper DSLR for Chinese Funeral Rites

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    As above.

    Anyone knows where i can find a store that sells it or makes it? Any brand will be fine but Sony Alpha preferred

    Not for me, but for a friend whose dad's 1st year death anniversary's coming up soon

    Thanks!!
    Also burn a few strands of your hair so that he knows it's from you and may come to Lim Kopi with you when the gate is opened.


  9. #29

    Default Re: Joss Paper DSLR for Chinese Funeral Rites

    not me!



    it's my friend's late father!

  10. #30
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Joss Paper DSLR for Chinese Funeral Rites

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    not me!



    it's my friend's late father!
    I'm sure he wants to visit you as you come up with the great idea.


  11. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    sing
    Posts
    3,353

    Default Re: Joss Paper DSLR for Chinese Funeral Rites

    Any brand will be fine but Sony Alpha preferred
    Upgrade from joss paper Sony Alpha to the paper Leica M9-P Edition Hermès. If cannot afford this in life, at least can get it after death.







    Paper 5D Mk2 with stabiliser lens also available.

    Last edited by ricohflex; 15th April 2013 at 09:29 PM.

  12. #32

    Default Re: Joss Paper DSLR for Chinese Funeral Rites

    Quote Originally Posted by madmartian View Post
    Don't forget to include a ladder
    Ghost can fly, no need ladder

    I think he should get a Hasselblad



    Last edited by Yutaka Go; 15th April 2013 at 11:12 PM.
    I eats, shoots & leaves

  13. #33

    Default Re: Joss Paper DSLR for Chinese Funeral Rites

    Quote Originally Posted by fatigue View Post
    Warranty card is a must!

    Because in case there's a problem with the camera or lens, no 3rd party repair will accept the job
    You are worry that he may look for you at 3 AM to repair the camera
    I eats, shoots & leaves

  14. #34
    Senior Member madmartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Outer Space
    Posts
    20,227

    Default Re: Joss Paper DSLR for Chinese Funeral Rites

    Quote Originally Posted by Yutaka Go View Post
    You are worry that he may look for you at 3 AM to repair the camera
    'Uncle, I took a picture with this lens & the image got ghosting'.............can you fix it?..........
    Last edited by madmartian; 15th April 2013 at 11:23 PM.
    Take the shot!

  15. #35
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: Joss Paper DSLR for Chinese Funeral Rites

    you guys better don't surf CS too late,

    sikali see a thread at middle of the night, "need help, how to PS my semi-transparent XMM models to make them look opaque?"
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  16. #36

    Default Re: Joss Paper DSLR for Chinese Funeral Rites

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    you guys better don't surf CS too late,

    sikali see a thread at middle of the night, "need help, how to PS my semi-transparent XMM models to make them look opaque?"
    Well.. yeah.. but working in the middle of the night editing photos will not yield best result



    or worse...


  17. #37

    Default Re: Joss Paper DSLR for Chinese Funeral Rites

    Quote Originally Posted by madmartian View Post
    'Uncle, I took a picture with this lens & the image got ghosting'.............can you fix it?..........
    You should reply like this ....

    "but but but ..... this is a lomography lens "
    I eats, shoots & leaves

  18. #38
    Senior Member madmartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Outer Space
    Posts
    20,227

    Default Re: Joss Paper DSLR for Chinese Funeral Rites

    Quote Originally Posted by Yutaka Go View Post
    You should reply like this ....

    "but but but ..... this is a lomography lens "
    'But but but .................they won't ask me. They'll ask fatigue
    Take the shot!

  19. #39
    Senior Member fatigue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Blk138 Bedok North Ave3
    Posts
    2,924

    Default Re: Joss Paper DSLR for Chinese Funeral Rites

    Quote Originally Posted by madmartian View Post
    'But but but .................they won't ask me. They'll ask fatigue
    They know I don't understand Chinese. All I can say is either 我不知道 or 不要打扰我
    They should know that Daredevil123 and Catchlights are the right guys to look for
    9815-1974
    FB: Hilos Camera Repair

  20. #40
    Senior Member madmartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Outer Space
    Posts
    20,227

    Default Re: Joss Paper DSLR for Chinese Funeral Rites

    Quote Originally Posted by fatigue View Post
    They know I don't understand Chinese. All I can say is either 我不知道 or 不要打扰我
    They should know that Daredevil123 and Catchlights are the right guys to look for
    Guess you are right..............Catchlights the Daredevil123...............phew!! .....................
    Take the shot!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •