Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: From the Heineken Brewery in Amsterdam

  1. #1

    Default From the Heineken Brewery in Amsterdam



    I like this photo alot, cropped it abit. Beginner photographer here.
    Taken using pentax optio s 3.2MP.

    Was wondering if anybody else liked to take this kind of photographs.

    EDIT: sorry about the image size, i uploaded the original to photobucket, 500kb so it got resized. this is the bigger size for comparison.
    Last edited by unitedsmurfs; 7th April 2005 at 01:33 AM.

  2. #2
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    www.fuzzyeyeballs.com
    Posts
    8,242

    Default

    unitedsmurfs, that's nice. like the perspective. good start for a beginner. and yes, i like this shot (not because i love beer ok!)

  3. #3

    Default

    thanks for that, i am not sure why but i am absolutely facinated by these kind of photographs . but its not easy to find subjects like that. IMHO that is. heh heh.

  4. #4

    Lightbulb

    can send some heineken here?

  5. #5
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    www.fuzzyeyeballs.com
    Posts
    8,242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003
    can send some heineken here?
    i want some too! can do a MO?

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    HOME
    Posts
    306

    Default

    maybe you should crop away the left side, doesn't show anything, a bit ugly with those things hanging here and there (messy) --- spoil an otherwise nice picture.

  7. #7
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    www.fuzzyeyeballs.com
    Posts
    8,242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pcwe68
    maybe you should crop away the left side, doesn't show anything, a bit ugly with those things hanging here and there (messy) --- spoil an otherwise nice picture.
    yes i do agree with this too. crop it off and you'll get nice clean pic

  8. #8

    Default

    Thanks for the advice, fixed it i hope. does this look any better?



    and sorry no MO for beer haha.

  9. #9

    Default

    I still prefer the frist one.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    HOME
    Posts
    306

    Default

    After you post a bigger picture (getting old, small picture can't see details), I just notice 2 things
    1) first bottle on the right is not in focus (is this done on purpose?)
    2) none of the bottle shows Heineken in full (I guess its not in your control due to the angle and you probably can't turn 1 of the bottle ).

    Anyway still a very nice picture.

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pcwe68
    After you post a bigger picture (getting old, small picture can't see details), I just notice 2 things
    1) first bottle on the right is not in focus (is this done on purpose?)
    2) none of the bottle shows Heineken in full (I guess its not in your control due to the angle and you probably can't turn 1 of the bottle ).

    Anyway still a very nice picture.
    yup i kind of realised the focus issue when i was cropping. i wasn't really thinking about the focus back then. maybe i should have.is it possible to have all the bottles in focus? the bottles are actually displayed behind the bar, so if you were standing infront of the bar,you could probably see the heineken in full but since i was taking from the side it was not possible.

  12. #12
    Senior Member Pablo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Blue/Green Planet
    Posts
    1,854

    Default

    Hi unitedsmurfs,

    Nice photo, I like it !

    Maybe the cropped one is cropped a bit too short.
    If it were cropped at the point where the vertical black line is ??
    That would cut out the monitors but keep the black hole of entry ?

    Oh, I DO like that beer

    Cheers
    Time, is an effortless construction :)

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo
    Hi unitedsmurfs,

    Nice photo, I like it !

    Maybe the cropped one is cropped a bit too short.
    If it were cropped at the point where the vertical black line is ??
    That would cut out the monitors but keep the black hole of entry ?

    Oh, I DO like that beer

    Cheers
    i tried cropping to that line too but the lights on top are super bright and is quite distracting, and this one looked better.

    I like that beer too!! i even got souvenir beer glasses to take home.

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    466

    Default

    This is a nice shot, I like the way the green works magic with the lighting, and of course the perspective too.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •