Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Is Casio Exilim EX-ZR1000 a good camera for self portrait?

  1. #1

    Default Is Casio Exilim EX-ZR1000 a good camera for self portrait?

    Anyone knows how much ?

  2. #2

    Default

    Self-portrait in what situation, with what expected quality, etc....

    What's good for you may not be for us, it's really only you that can decide if a camera is good enough.

    Judging from your post though, stick to your cellphone camera.

    As for price, call the shops listed in the priceguide.
    Alpha

  3. #3

    Default

    Anyone got experience w this camera?

  4. #4

    Default Re: Is Casio Exilim EX-ZR1000 a good camera for self portrait?

    i am curious if you intend to trigger it remotely while it's on a tripod, or while you are holding on to it.
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

  5. #5

    Default

    This camera got a special function for self portrait. Once ready .. Just wave and it will snap. A very good camera for self taking photo
    D700 - 24-70mm F2.8 ED - 105mm VR2 Micro - Samyang 14mm - 50mm 1.8D - Mb 10 - SB900 - SB400

  6. #6

    Default Re: Is Casio Exilim EX-ZR1000 a good camera for self portrait?

    Are you talking about the TR1000, self-portrait camera ?



    When this camera was release, it didn't get a good review in America.

    However, in Asia, it is popular for self-portrait. so this camera is marketed as a self-portrait camera.

    It have a very wide angle (21mm). Therefore, it is also good for group photo.

    I have tried to find one but it seem that everywhere is out of stock.
    Last edited by Yutaka Go; 28th April 2013 at 09:06 PM.
    I eats, shoots & leaves

  7. #7

    Default Re: Is Casio Exilim EX-ZR1000 a good camera for self portrait?

    Quote Originally Posted by Yutaka Go View Post
    Are you talking about the TR1000, self-portrait camera ?



    When this camera was release, it didn't get a good review in America.

    However, in Asia, it is popular for self-portrait. so this camera is marketed as a self-portrait camera.

    It have a very wide angle (21mm). Therefore, it is also good for group photo.

    I have tried to find one but it seem that everywhere is out of stock.
    That's because this camera is highly popular with PRC mei meis and any local stock is always snapped up immediately by their boyfriends and sugar daddies who are buying it for them.
    Last edited by tomcat; 28th April 2013 at 10:09 PM.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Is Casio Exilim EX-ZR1000 a good camera for self portrait?

    Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    That's because this camera is highly popular with PRC mei meis and any local stock is always snapped up immediately by their boyfriends and sugar daddies who are buying it for them.
    not too sure if that was a catty comment
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

  9. #9

    Default Re: Is Casio Exilim EX-ZR1000 a good camera for self portrait?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shizuma View Post
    not too sure if that was a catty comment
    I did not make that up. This was what was told to me by my camera dealer. This camera is actually not popular amongst locals in Singapore but is so popular amongst the ladies in China that it is impossible to find any there. It has risen to the status of designer's goods in desirability and potential buyers have resorted to looking for it overseas.
    Last edited by tomcat; 29th April 2013 at 09:55 AM.

  10. #10

    Default

    So far, if u want self portraits, sony has that Smile Shutter option, as well as self-portrait timer mode.

    Not to forget Samsung's MV800 too, being a compact with a flip up screen

  11. #11

    Default Re: Is Casio Exilim EX-ZR1000 a good camera for self portrait?

    If TS is really inquiring about the Casio Exlim EX-ZR 1000 and not the TR 1000, I actually do have that camera. It also have a flip-up LCD screen for self portraiture. It is just that it cannot be flipped and placed on the table like a make-up mirror like the TR 1000 which is what the TR 1000 so attractive to the PRC siao mei meis.





    I bought the limited edition boxed set which is the black & silver set in the picture above and comes with a light brown coloured leather case specially designed for the camera.
    Last edited by tomcat; 30th April 2013 at 03:18 AM.

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    If TS is really inquiring about the Casio Exlim EX-ZR 1000 and not the TR 1000, I actually do have that camera. It also have a flip-up LCD screen for self portraiture. It is just that it cannot be flipped and placed on the table like a make-up mirror like the TR 1000 which is what the TR 1000 so attractive to the PRC siao mei meis.

    I bought the limited edition boxed set which is the black & silver set in the picture above and comes with a tan coloured leather case specially designed for the camera.
    How much does it cost?
    D700 - 24-70mm F2.8 ED - 105mm VR2 Micro - Samyang 14mm - 50mm 1.8D - Mb 10 - SB900 - SB400

  13. #13

    Default

    Where to get the limited edition ?

  14. #14

    Default Re: Is Casio Exilim EX-ZR1000 a good camera for self portrait?

    Quote Originally Posted by small pig View Post
    How much does it cost?
    Quote Originally Posted by CamholicX View Post
    Where to get the limited edition ?
    Should be able to get it from any dealers of Casio camera gears. If not available ex-stock, can always ask the dealer to order it for you.
    Should cost about $580 street price.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •