Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 146

Thread: Are Food prices going up?

  1. #101
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    553

    Default Re: Are Food prices going up?

    http://therealsingapore.com/content/...pensive-things


    Old article, but there you have it folks. Food is expensive because it's your choice~

  2. #102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MarkersNg View Post
    http://therealsingapore.com/content/...pensive-things

    Old article, but there you have it folks. Food is expensive because it's your choice~
    All these elites don't eat normal food like us. Hell, they don't even take bus and MRT! How do they know what we going through daily??!!!!

  3. #103

    Default Re: Are Food prices going up?

    MOM released figures showing Sg median real wages grew only 0.4% this year.
    Since 2012 Sg wage growth and high-end property performance is among the worst in the region.

    No no, wait, Sg high-end property performance is WORST IN THE WORLD!

  4. #104
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Are Food prices going up?

    Quote Originally Posted by ArchRival View Post
    MOM released figures showing Sg median real wages grew only 0.4% this year.
    Since 2012 Sg wage growth and high-end property performance is among the worst in the region.

    No no, wait, Sg high-end property performance is WORST IN THE WORLD!
    Please take comfort in the fact that Singapore high-end productivity performance is best in the world.

    And our high-end tech wages and public services pays are the highest in the region.


  5. #105
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    553

    Default Re: Are Food prices going up?

    Quote Originally Posted by donut88 View Post
    All these elites don't eat normal food like us. Hell, they don't even take bus and MRT! How do they know what we going through daily??!!!!
    I heard they also don't breathe in the same air we breathe everyday.

  6. #106
    Moderator Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    12,394

    Default Re: Are Food prices going up?

    Guys, keep it civil and based in facts as what TS did. Political rants are not tolerated.
    EOS

  7. #107

    Default Re: Are Food prices going up?

    Quote Originally Posted by brapodam View Post
    Inflation numbers are useless, because of the way they are calculated. Unless you buy the exact same stuff in the "basket" with the exact same proportions, the inflation you experience will be different from the number.
    Inflation figures are not useless. They are manipulated to achieve certain economic and/or political objectives.

    Do you know the relationship between inflation and wage increment? Let me tell you. By publishing constantly low inflation figures, wage increment cannot go up too much. This is one of the ways to keep our foreign MNCs here. Unions cannot request for higher wages from companies if inflation is low. That's why you see that wage increment is around 2-3% over the years, in line with inflation.

    However, in reality, inflation surpassed official figures.

  8. #108
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: Are Food prices going up?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi View Post
    Inflation figures are not useless. They are manipulated to achieve certain economic and/or political objectives.

    Do you know the relationship between inflation and wage increment? Let me tell you. By publishing constantly low inflation figures, wage increment cannot go up too much. This is one of the ways to keep our foreign MNCs here. Unions cannot request for higher wages from companies if inflation is low. That's why you see that wage increment is around 2-3% over the years, in line with inflation.

    However, in reality, inflation surpassed official figures.
    We actually still have unions meh??????? they are nothing like the NY Gangbuster.. here NTUC use to be a union before they become a profit conglomerate heheh.. Here union is just a word for " A Union for a party gathering to booze". That kind of union I see plenty here heheheh... Sorry can't help myself.

    Union here has no teeth.
    A good photo's 45% you, 45% practice & 10% equipment. A bad photo share the same ratio.

  9. #109
    Senior Member Nikonzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    2,544

    Default Re: Are Food prices going up?

    Oil go up...they raise cost of life

    Oil go down...the cost of life stay flat, maybe dip tiny bit, sometimes thrown a bone...

    Evil cabal ratchet up problem in world...cycle begin anew...

    They come up with inflation and other foolish nonsense...like all of us are stupid or something...

    Maybe solution is

    1) Be part of evil cabal
    2) Be oil man
    3) Keep sliding further and further into Peon-ness
    4) ???
    Last edited by Nikonzen; 30th November 2014 at 04:19 AM.

  10. #110
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,797
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Are Food prices going up?

    [QUOTE=Nikonzen;9032618]Oil go up...they raise cost of life

    Oil go down...the cost of life stay flat, maybe dip tiny bit, sometimes thrown a bone...

    Evil cabal ratchet up problem in world...cycle begin anew...

    They come up with inflation and other d other foolish nonsense...like all of us are stupid or something.../QUOTE]

    Oil goes down, stock up and sell at a profit when oil goes up again .... Yes, they think we are stupid......
    Nikomi Canpen Zenten :eek:
    Not exactly 100% Natural but definitely the closest you can get to it

  11. #111
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,797
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Are Food prices going up?

    Quote Originally Posted by brapodam View Post
    Inflation numbers are useless, because of the way they are calculated. Unless you buy the exact same stuff in the "basket" with the exact same proportions, the inflation you experience will be different from the number.
    That's why they call it inflation.... a sustained increase in the general price level of goods and services over a period of time..... but wages are unable to cope.
    Nikomi Canpen Zenten :eek:
    Not exactly 100% Natural but definitely the closest you can get to it

  12. #112

    Default Re: Are Food prices going up?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nikonzen View Post
    Oil go up...they raise cost of life

    Oil go down...the cost of life stay flat, maybe dip tiny bit, sometimes thrown a bone...

    Evil cabal ratchet up problem in world...cycle begin anew...

    They come up with inflation and other foolish nonsense...like all of us are stupid or something...

    Maybe solution is

    1) Be part of evil cabal
    2) Be oil man
    3) Keep sliding further and further into Peon-ness
    4) ???
    Nowadays the oil men are also being squeezed
    $35 per barrel, here we come!

  13. #113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nikonzen View Post
    Oil go up...they raise cost of life

    Oil go down...the cost of life stay flat, maybe dip tiny bit, sometimes thrown a bone...

    Evil cabal ratchet up problem in world...cycle begin anew...

    They come up with inflation and other foolish nonsense...like all of us are stupid or something...

    Maybe solution is

    1) Be part of evil cabal
    2) Be oil man
    3) Keep sliding further and further into Peon-ness
    4) ???
    The Evil of Capitalism......

  14. #114
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Are Food prices going up?

    Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    We actually still have unions meh??????? they are nothing like the NY Gangbuster.. here NTUC use to be a union before they become a profit conglomerate heheh.. Here union is just a word for " A Union for a party gathering to booze". That kind of union I see plenty here heheheh... Sorry can't help myself.

    Union here has no teeth.
    People Power = Union.

  15. #115
    Senior Member Nikonzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    2,544

    Default Re: Are Food prices going up?

    Quote Originally Posted by donut88 View Post
    The Evil of Capitalism......
    Worship of the Golden Calf

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    People Power = Union.
    Manna from Heaven in the wilderness
    Last edited by Nikonzen; 30th November 2014 at 06:41 PM.

  16. #116
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Are Food prices going up?

    Quote Originally Posted by donut88 View Post
    The Evil of Capitalism......
    There is a class war waging in our society.

    The rich get richer and the powerful get more powerful.

    And those who have women get more women.

  17. #117

    Default Re: Are Food prices going up?

    Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    We actually still have unions meh??????? they are nothing like the NY Gangbuster.. here NTUC use to be a union before they become a profit conglomerate heheh.. Here union is just a word for " A Union for a party gathering to booze". That kind of union I see plenty here heheheh... Sorry can't help myself.

    Union here has no teeth.
    Yes, all of us know that the unions in Singapore have no tooth. Some will not like it while some will like it. It is a another topic for discussion which I shall not discuss it further.

    The inflation figures are provided to not just the unions but also companies when comes to wage increment formulations.

    Inflation figures cannot be too high, else it will frighten the foreign MNCs. Do you want them to move out of Singapore; leaving behind a lot of retrenchment, etc.

  18. #118

    Default Re: Are Food prices going up?

    void deck coffee shop, roti prada with egg $1.50 now.
    Objection !!!

  19. #119

    Default Re: Are Food prices going up?

    Quote Originally Posted by ninelives View Post
    void deck coffee shop, roti prada with egg $1.50 now.
    that pun

  20. #120

    Default

    it is getting more and more expensive to live in this country..

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •