Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3678910 LastLast

Thread: Montage 2005 - NUSPS

The results of the competition are available at http://www.nusps.org.sg/montage/ under Competition>Winners section and Exhibition > Selected Entries section.

2 more days to the seminar...........

Lightbulb

hi, what will ruth soh be talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003
    hi, what will ruth soh be talking about?
    She will be speaking on her profession, celebrity and studio photography.

Bob Lee will be speaking on Photojournalism, and maybe try to sell u his 2 books by showing his pictures in them.

Tony will be sharing underwater photography. We will be giving 1 of his "Silent Symphony" autographed by Tony himself to 1 lucky participant.

Lightbulb

thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by enghong17
    She will be speaking on her profession, celebrity and studio photography.

Bob Lee will be speaking on Photojournalism, and maybe try to sell u his 2 books by showing his pictures in them.

Tony will be sharing underwater photography. We will be giving 1 of his "Silent Symphony" autographed by Tony himself to 1 lucky participant.

Is it possible to register at the door?
    eat. drink. shoot

Quote Originally Posted by +evenstar
    Is it possible to register at the door?
    yes, you can get the tickets at the door, that is depending on the availability of tickets.

Sad.. Can't go tomorrow. Got event to photograph...

Lightbulb

post-mortem of seminar speaker, ruth soh.

waste of time. she can't speak well enough in english and use mandarin. with a 'translator' on hand. content of talk is close to zero. skill in tackling q & a close to zero, too.

thus, to have included her as a speaker was a poor choice. at least, bob peppered the audience with his brand of humour.
    Last edited by reachme2003; 11th June 2005 at 09:18 PM.

I really love the Bob Lee's talk. Excellent public speaking that keeps people awake and interested every second. Love the way he talks. They should had given him more time instead of the other two speakers.
    Saiful Bahar - "I don't care what equipment you use... but what you produce"

Lightbulb

wow, tony wu was just as bad?

Quote Originally Posted by saifulbahar
    I really love the Bob Lee's talk. Excellent public speaking that keeps people awake and interested every second. Love the way he talks. They should had given him more time instead of the other two speakers.

Lightbulb

i cannot imagine that NUS ps actually featured ruth soh(in much bigger font size and prominence relative to the other two speakers) in their postcard promotional material. no one screen her in advance? as someone said 'she cannot speak!'.
    Last edited by reachme2003; 11th June 2005 at 09:21 PM.

I think this is rather unfair to the speaker.
    good photographer doesn't mean has to be a good speaker anyway.
    beside, it's supposed to be a short talk,
    & e qns fired @ her were, rather senseless themselves.

Tony Wu's subject is good. Just based on public speaking, Bob Lee really captures attention. Its not easy to find good speakers than to deliver their subject in a very entertaining way as how Bob Lee was today. I don't think I'll get bored just watching him talk especially when he is very spontaneous in putting in the lighter side of stuffs.

Lightbulb

excuse me, she was featured as a seminar speaker. it has nothing to do with her photographic talents.

excuse me again, same amount of time was allocated to each speaker.

Quote Originally Posted by tucker
    I think this is rather unfair to the speaker.
    good photographer doesn't mean has to be a good speaker anyway.
    beside, it's supposed to be a short talk,
    & e qns fired @ her were, rather senseless themselves.

Whoa.. don't get me wrong... I'm not putting down any speakers, I'm just highlighting Bob's public speaking...

For the record, all subjects by all speakers are good. Just highlighting the one I like better. Highlighting one speaker is good doesn't mean the others are bad.

Lightbulb

the silence about the two other speakers are deafening.

Whoa.. don't get me wrong... I'm not putting down any speakers, I'm just highlighting Bob's public speaking...

For the record, all subjects by all speakers are good. Just highlighting the one I like better. Highlighting one speaker is good doesn't mean the others are bad.

Agreed with that. What a funny guy which can turn something sad to happiness. Go Bob go....

But I think that the time arranged by the organizers are not well plan as I attended a seminar sponsored by Epson & it's free. It took a well three hours or so for him (the american celebrities photographer) to finished his talk including picture taking demostrations! What you guys think?

Lightbulb

if you are referrring to greg gorman's, i was there. for montage's seminar, with 1 hr allocated to each speaker, i do not expect demo. 1 hr given is talk time less portfolio screening and q & a.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectrum
    Agreed with that. What a funny guy which can turn something sad to happiness. Go Bob go....

But I think that the time arranged by the organizers are not well plan as I attended a seminar sponsored by Epson & it's free. It took a well three hours or so for him (the american celebrities photographer) to finished his talk including picture taking demostrations! What you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003
    if you are referrring to greg gorman's, i was there. for montage's seminar, with 1 hr allocated to each speaker, i do not expect demo. 1 hr given is talk time less portfolio screening and q & a.
    Agreed upon what you've mentioned. But if no/very few pictures where showed. I think most people don't really know what their field of pictures really are.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3678910 LastLast