Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 256789 ... LastLast

Thread: Montage 2005 - NUSPS

Quote Originally Posted by enghong17

We did mess the pictures up but it is never perfect. Try rearranging hundreds of pictures and not to damage them. We do not need them in order as we just have to key in the index and the score and the program will enter into the data base. They do not need to be in running order.
    i guess your guys didn't really rearrange them in a "mess". 900 or 1000 over prints per cat' are VERY normal for photo compeititions... if your rules stated that "organiser will not take responsbility for damges duing competition",then u guys can work with not worries..

4 friends of mine submitted in a bag with over 50 pictures and all 50 pictures comes out together......i have seen so many competitions and this is the only competition all 50 photo comes out together on the panel...... this will cause unfairness in judges view.

no flames..... because u guys only do this once a year and not always the same guys..... we also watch judging and at less 7-10 PER year, so we know how this works and these organisers work perfectly well..... if possible, let your guys watch how SAFRA photo club works during the Photographer of the Year judging..... they always have over 1000 prints to sort out....

Quote Originally Posted by photo_kbc
    i guess your guys didn't really rearrange them in a "mess". 900 or 1000 over prints per cat' are VERY normal for photo compeititions... if your rules stated that "organiser will not take responsbility for damges duing competition",then u guys can work with not worries..

4 friends of mine submitted in a bag with over 50 pictures and all 50 pictures comes out together......i have seen so many competitions and this is the only competition all 50 photo comes out together on the panel...... this will cause unfairness in judges view.

no flames..... because u guys only do this once a year and not always the same guys..... we also watch judging and at less 7-10 PER year, so we know how this works and these organisers work perfectly well..... if possible, let your guys watch how SAFRA photo club works during the Photographer of the Year judging..... they always have over 1000 prints to sort out....
    Hi photo_kbc,

Thank you for your advice. Will pass on to the next batch.

This will be the last post on Montage 2005 Competition judging.

EngHong

Quote Originally Posted by Fluorite
    Yes... And so many sunset pictures. No offence, but it seems like i m watching a video on a faulty VHS player in the repeat mode.

Quote Originally Posted by enghong17
    Hi photo_kbc,

Thank you for your advice. Will pass on to the next batch.

This will be the last post on Montage 2005 Competition judging.

EngHong
    nxt batch...dun like tt la...u mean i still got to do this next year? muahaha...

Quote Originally Posted by Witness
    nxt batch...dun like tt la...u mean i still got to do this next year? muahaha...
    Yah lah. Your turn mah........

No more for me........2 years is nuff.........

Default Judging, dun get so upset.

Judging is judging on whether the judges like your shot or not, not because of whether ur photo is good or technically well done.

So, guys, dun be so hard up on yourself, you still can hang up those beatiful 8R in your rooms or workplace.

-Advice to participants, if you are out to win, then look out who are the judges. That is the usual key factors, besides having an appealing and outstanding photo.

-Advice to organizers, relax, and take all those comments into consideration, than pass on to the next batch. Learning is an essential part of organising.

Eng Hong,

just want to check, can others collect the non winning pictures on behalf of other photographers on the 11th june especially for those who are away from singapore???

Quote Originally Posted by photo_kbc
    Eng Hong,

just want to check, can others collect the non winning pictures on behalf of other photographers on the 11th june especially for those who are away from singapore???
    Yes, You need an authorization letter signed by the party you are collecting on behalf of, with the other party's NRIC No.

EngHong

i was wondering, if the student category rite, if the parents they themselves are photographers, and they submit the photographs in their children's name. how ah ? like that as good as cheating liao leh....

Quote Originally Posted by glennyong
    i was wondering, if the student category rite, if the parents they themselves are photographers, and they submit the photographs in their children's name. how ah ? like that as good as cheating liao leh....
    That's why we need to interview the winners of the students category and also ask for proof of student identity.

Some of the many things we have to do but most ppl won't know of..........

thats what i tot too, if some senior shot le, ask their younger friends to submit for them, isn't that easy to do !?

Quote Originally Posted by leeter
    thats what i tot too, if some senior shot le, ask their younger friends to submit for them, isn't that easy to do !?
    Makes sense.

precisely la... interview also no use one la... pple will prepare a speech liao.. hahahaahaha.... student prove is also another thing. age will not prove anything one.. lol..

Sorry for the interuption. Can I know where to get the tickets on that day (12 June 2005) seminar? Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectrum
    Sorry for the interuption. Can I know where to get the tickets on that day (12 June 2005) seminar? Thank you.
    The seminar is on 11 June 2005 and not 12 June 2005.

http://www.nusps.org.sg/montage/
    Go to the site above and click on seminar for more information on ticketing information. Alternatively, you can purchase the tickets on the day itself, subject to the availability of tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by glennyong
    I don't see why 'studenst' are incapable of producing 'winning' entries.
    afterall, it's not the age or even 'how long ya've been into photography' that counts. it's about being able to see it and make it.

hey, aren't ya a student too ??

If a person is out to cheat, then there is only so much the organisers can do.

Do you want all montage winners to go through a lie detector?

Actually i couldnt care less because creativity cannot be judged...

when is the exhibition? it's been mentioned before somewhere but i forgot the date and i can't find it on the website...

Quote Originally Posted by ziedrich
    when is the exhibition? it's been mentioned before somewhere but i forgot the date and i can't find it on the website...
    it is found on the website. did you click on exhibition?

The Montage 2005 Exhibition will be held at Suntec Singapore International Convention and Exhibition Centre Level 2 Foyer from 11th - 25th June 2005.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 256789 ... LastLast