Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Montage 2005 - NUSPS

Quote Originally Posted by saifulbahar
    Don't know, i missed the open category judging and left before the 2nd round was held...

Just got a call from the club... another one of my entries won a prize but not in the position to tell me which prize.... so now got 2 out of 4 entries... not bad....
    that means if no one calls me means I dun win anything hor?

right Eng Hong ?

oh no.... so sad!!

Quote Originally Posted by jialuvqr
    that means if no one calls me means I dun win anything hor?

right Eng Hong ?

oh no.... so sad!!
    erm.......i call most liao......cept 1 or 2.

time to ZZZzzz......so much more work to do......

Take part next year? There's aways another chance.......
    Last edited by enghong17; 29th May 2005 at 01:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by enghong17
    This is the main reason why we have 3, not 1 judge. Beauty is to the eye of the beholder. If we had one judge, won't it be more unfair?

It would be idea to have judges from different professions but unfortunately Mr. Tony Wu was not able to make it for judging thus Mr. Ishak kindly accepted our invitation to judge. Ideally the three judges would have vastly differing opinions and experience. If your picture is able to capture ALL three judges then would it be a truely winning print. If the picture cannot have an unanimous thumbs up from all three judges then would it really count as a winning print?

Yep... Quite true. But "if your picture is able to capture ALL three judges"... What if the judges do not like your style? To me... Creativity can never be judged. "Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder". I agree with that. That's the reason why creativity can never be judged.

Besides, I do not really think the judges bothered about camera techniques.

>< hmm think i just get back to get my photos bahz~ =) whom do i contact ?

Quote Originally Posted by Fluorite
    Yep... Quite true. But "if your picture is able to capture ALL three judges"... What if the judges do not like your style? To me... Creativity can never be judged. "Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder". I agree with that. That's the reason why creativity can never be judged.

Besides, I do not really think the judges bothered about camera techniques.
    True. That's why we don't announce the judges before the end of the competition. True also that creativity cannot be judged. This is a competition. A competition of which picture looks the best to three judges.

Any other better ideas to judge pictures? A Singapore Idol style of judging? And then how do beauty pagent judges judge beauty when they themselves are not that beautiful?

With so many pictures, the judges are spolit for choice. They would expect the very best equipment techniques.

The judges never said the pictures are not creative nor did they say that the pictures are not good. What they did was to choose the best of the best. And IMHO, they did a relatively good job.

Quote Originally Posted by leeter
    >< hmm think i just get back to get my photos bahz~ =) whom do i contact ?
    Hi leeter,

It is stated in the rules and regulation #26:

26. Photographs which are not awarded any prizes can be collected after the seminar on 11 th June 2005 . Prints not collected within 3 months of the collection date will be disposed of.

A collection booth will be setup at Suntec Theatre at 6pm for the collection of ALL prints. Alternative date of collections will be made after the seminar.

EngHong

Hi, enghong.

For those selected for exhibition, will they offered free ticket for the seminar ? :-)

Yes... you get my idea. I have one photograph where ruth and ishak gave me 1 point but bob bothered to take a closer look and gave me a 3. I m not condemning the other 2, but this are my concerns.
    The score given on the score board does not meant the points given by a particular judge. The poisition was intentionally mixed up so the audience won't exactly know how much points were given the individual judges.

Good point. But I also noted the judge on the extreme right squinting at my photograph. So it has GOT to be Bob.

Good point. But I also noted the judge on the extreme right squinting at my photograph. So it has GOT to be Bob.
    The judges really did a good job, imagine sitting there selecting thousands of prints.....
    Last edited by T16; 3rd June 2005 at 12:09 AM.

Yep... I agree. This is a photo competition. The judges sure tried their best to keep awake... haha. It is just that I feel that they had too little time to take a closer look at every photograph due to the time constrain.

the choice of judes is important...... one fashion, 2 Journalists ..... is abit off balance..... the organiser take this point as choice of judges or choices are of who is famous and who is free will be judges????

i have also notice that my whole set of my pictures and my friends' came out one after another..... did the organiser REARRANGE the photos or just arrange to keep easy scoring and recording for the organiser????

Also, take note of the rule 11, the form size given is A4 and the print is 8"x12"/10" HOW TO PASTE ON THE LOWER RIGHT HAND CORNER BEHIND???
    if fold the entry form, it will spoil the pictures....

Quote Originally Posted by photo_kbc
    the choice of judes is important...... one fashion, 2 Journalists ..... is abit off balance..... the organiser take this point as choice of judges or choices are of who is famous and who is free will be judges????

i have also notice that my whole set of my pictures and my friends' came out one after another..... did the organiser REARRANGE the photos or just arrange to keep easy scoring and recording for the organiser????

Also, take note of the rule 11, the form size given is A4 and the print is 8"x12"/10" HOW TO PASTE ON THE LOWER RIGHT HAND CORNER BEHIND???
    if fold the entry form, it will spoil the pictures....
    Hi photo_kbc,

If you note my earlier explanation you would have seen my explanation for choice of judges.

We did mess the pictures up but it is never perfect. Try rearranging hundreds of pictures and not to damage them. We do not need them in order as we just have to key in the index and the score and the program will enter into the data base. They do not need to be in running order.

The entry form that we printed is in B4 size. Your A4 entry form is from the pdf file. Alot of participants have also pointed out this to us but it was too late to change the size and we recommended to them to print 2 in 1 page.

Please READ properly before making assumption.

No flames here please.......

Quote Originally Posted by oleo
    Hi, enghong.

For those selected for exhibition, will they offered free ticket for the seminar ? :-)
    We have not come to a decision on that yet.

Yep... I agree. This is a photo competition. The judges sure tried their best to keep awake... haha. It is just that I feel that they had too little time to take a closer look at every photograph due to the time constrain.
    Point noted. We may restrict the number of prints each participant can submit next year.

yeah.. to be frank.. i was extremely pissed when i saw repeated prints....

Quote Originally Posted by sathea
    yes, you can collect after the seminar from NUSPS.
    you have to arrange with us to collect the photos.
    enhong17, i did read the rules and regulation #26, but earlier Sathea had said that can collect at NUSPS.

thus i am only trying to reconfirm with someone from NUSPS, but it seems it's now taken charge by you ?

Leeter, you can give me a call (if you still have my number - bought the step up ring from you ), I'll try find your photos for you.

Yoz Kenshinz.. ya i still got your number, never call you because i forgotten your real name~

Thnx for offering to get my photos back !! =) maybe i PM you regarding this !!

Quote Originally Posted by glennyong
    yeah.. to be frank.. i was extremely pissed when i saw repeated prints....
    Yes... And so many sunset pictures. No offence, but it seems like i m watching a video on a faulty VHS player in the repeat mode.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast