Thread: Why number of MBAs increase when their quality going down?

Default Why number of MBAs increase when their quality going down?

Checked a couple of Universities this week and found the number of their MBA grads is going up but their actual ability to understand basic concepts going down? Anyone knows why ? Logically, the number of grads should be going down since SG is demanding higher quality and stronger workforce against other countries. So why is the number of MBA grads not going down???
    Alpha

Default Re: Why number of MBAs increase when their quality going down?

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Checked a couple of Universities this week and found the number of their MBA grads is going up but their actual ability to understand basic concepts going down? Anyone knows why ? Logically, the number of grads should be going down since SG is demanding higher quality and stronger workforce against other countries. So why is the number of MBA grads not going down???
    Logic will fail against capitalism If the admission demand is higher why turn them down?
    Also.. like a lot articles points out, nowadays MBA are not that useful, unless if you are the managing director of a Fortune 500 company.

Quote Originally Posted by hanzohattori View Post
    Logic will fail against capitalism If the admission demand is higher why turn them down?
    Also.. like a lot articles points out, nowadays MBA are not that useful, unless if you are the managing director of a Fortune 500 company.
    Yeah, that's quite true as well. After all, many people with an MBA don't even understand the details of their speciality. I assume they must have just gotten the MBA for the sake of getting an MBA.
    Alpha

Yeah, that's quite true as well. After all, many people with an MBA don't even understand the details of their speciality. I assume they must have just gotten the MBA for the sake of getting an MBA.
    I have a few friends from technical background (IT) working in technical department. They are taking MBA course in hope of a better career (and future).
    An ex-colleague even thought of getting one (he is a sysadmin).. I said to myself... yeah right..
    Now I understand why top ranking uni's MBA admission requires relevant working experience. MBA is designed to help managers to do better in their work.. not to boost one's career into a manager, if you are not one already.

Quote Originally Posted by hanzohattori View Post

I have a few friends from technical background (IT) working in technical department. They are taking MBA course in hope of a better career (and future).
    An ex-colleague even thought of getting one (he is a sysadmin).. I said to myself... yeah right..
    Now I understand why top ranking uni's MBA admission requires relevant working experience. MBA is designed to help managers to do better in their work.. not to boost one's career into a manager, if you are not one already.
    Yup I fully agree. But of course ideally, when you get a degree, you should then be able to understand the subject. In the IT context, you wouldn't expect them to ask why the network is not faster even though the price of cat-6 cable dropped, right?
    Alpha

This thread wouldn't have anything to do with this post, does it?

i am glad cats don't need mba usually.

anyway it is not possible to esteem the quality of a certain post grad holder by painting all post grad holders with the same brush of unsubstantiated claims. . .

it is like saying all cats are addicted to cat nip
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

Quote Originally Posted by Shizuma View Post

it is like saying all cats are addicted to cat nip
    They're not?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by G-man View Post
    They're not?!?!
    even if i am the only cat not addicted to cat nip, that whole be showing up the stereotype. i been clean since 2004. ok? lol.
    anyway the quality of each persons or cats character is seen in how gracious one can be, even to someone whom this person dislikes. . .
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

even if i am the only cat not addicted to cat nip, that whole be showing up the stereotype. i been clean since 2004. ok? lol.
    anyway the quality of each persons or cats character is seen in how gracious one can be, even to someone whom this person dislikes. . .
    Meow, i do not buy that. Us cats must be less tolerant to lesser beings :P

Quote Originally Posted by ArchRival View Post
    This thread wouldn't have anything to do with this post, does it?
    Of course not, whatever makes you think that?
    Alpha

I thought that all cats consider humans to be a lowly species, only good for opening cans of cat food and the occasional rub behind the ears?
    Alpha

I thought that all cats consider humans to be a lowly species, only good for opening cans of cat food and the occasional rub behind the ears?
    i am nice to humans because its a decent thing to do. cat fight already causing so much grief. why get more grief. if you like i can jump onto your tummy and you can enjoy giving me a tummy rub , it is very relaxing for humans to do so
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

I can understand why people prefer to spend time with dogs, cats or whatever any other animals.

just go and talk to the cats, it will make you feel much better (except Play A Harp Before A Cow), don't need to start a thread like this.

thread closed.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio