Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: impression Mach2 Photo Bank

Quote Originally Posted by chriszzz
    1.This is basically a USB-On-The-Go harddisk casing. You can get a similar drive from http://www.kenarservices.com/2002080100.htm (in Bugis, Midlink Plaza) for around $60.

2. You should be able to use a standard 5V adaptor, eg, those that comes with your USB hub. Those provide 1 A current, which is plenty for a portable harddisk.

3. I would still recommend an XDrive or equivalent instead. The LCD displays the amount of space left, and if any errors occurred during the copy. Much more reliable, and works as a card reader too. The latest models are very small and compact, and uses standard digicam batteries. Both adaptors and batteries are included, so there's no extra cost. Besides, companies like Vosonic ( makers of XDrive ) regularly provides firmware updates, which is non-existent for these no-name HDD casings.
    Any idea how much does the XDrive costs for different capacities?

Quote Originally Posted by chriszzz
    1.This is basically a USB-On-The-Go harddisk casing. You can get a similar drive from http://www.kenarservices.com/2002080100.htm (in Bugis, Midlink Plaza) for around $60.

2. You should be able to use a standard 5V adaptor, eg, those that comes with your USB hub. Those provide 1 A current, which is plenty for a portable harddisk.

3. I would still recommend an XDrive or equivalent instead. The LCD displays the amount of space left, and if any errors occurred during the copy. Much more reliable, and works as a card reader too. The latest models are very small and compact, and uses standard digicam batteries. Both adaptors and batteries are included, so there's no extra cost. Besides, companies like Vosonic ( makers of XDrive ) regularly provides firmware updates, which is non-existent for these no-name HDD casings.
    no offences: with that kind of prices you are actually paying for the batteries and card reader already.
    Also, how often have you ever seen a firmware update? its actually a portable hdd, plug and play for windows

I have started a new MO for this

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthre...669#post1281669

good price

pls take a look

Default Re: impression Mach2 Photo Bank

Quote Originally Posted by deardeer
    Yup. Actually, you dun really need the card reader, cos you can transfer right from the camera itself. For my case, Nikon D70.

The manual says you can get an optional "AC adaptor, 110V~220V/50Hz, 5V constant voltage, 1A". I have checked out the price of this adaptor in SLS. Cost $38.

But seriously speaking, I think using 2 sets of sanyo 2500 can last me for my up coming 10 days Australia trip liao.

Hope that helps
    but the adapter is very heavy rite? wouldn't it be lighter to bring 8 AA batteries and KIV buy more if the 1st set of 4 is down.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345