Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: impression Mach2 Photo Bank

Another things to take note, the harddisk must format in fat32 in order to copy file over. If whole harddisk is NTFS format you will encounter error copy file and the beep sound it's damm loud.....

I am not sure whether if you make a first partitiion on fat32 and the second iis NTFS whether or not the file can be copy to ntfs when fat32 is round out of disk space??? Anybody can confirm this problem???

I will say this databank is quite fast when using battery to copy files. i tested a 60mb file from my digital camera it take about 15-20 sec to finish copying.

wow! CSers, dun buy from the place i bought...buy from the office itself! really cheap man!

yes, mus format in fat32 for the first partition, after that NTFS also never mind liao. dun know why they built this way also.

and try to use hi-capacity rechargeable batteries (2300 or 2500), because normal batteries will drain very fast. i use those 4 x GP normal AA batteries and it was flat within 5 mins! but when i use Sanyo's 2500 rechar, it lastly almost 1 or 2 days.

wah...my head really cut off by the shop liao..

AMDer just treat this as a lesson loh... I myself also kenna chop head a lot of time but treat this as experience hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by AMDer
    wow! CSers, dun buy from the place i bought...buy from the office itself! really cheap man!

yes, mus format in fat32 for the first partition, after that NTFS also never mind liao. dun know why they built this way also.

and try to use hi-capacity rechargeable batteries (2300 or 2500), because normal batteries will drain very fast. i use those 4 x GP normal AA batteries and it was flat within 5 mins! but when i use Sanyo's 2500 rechar, it lastly almost 1 or 2 days.

wah...my head really cut off by the shop liao..

Default How cheap is cheap?

Hello, when you mentioned buying directly from the office of the supplier, you said it's very much cheaper... but how much is very cheap? care to share the price from supplier? Also... has anyone tried using it with a power adpater yet? Thanks!

I'm going to get one this friday. anyone wanna come along also can...

ok, i am tempted, now i wondering where to get good and *cheap hdds? Long time nv go SLS, scare later kanna chopped.

It is oppsite ABC market

Quote Originally Posted by AReality
    I'm going to get one this friday. anyone wanna come along also can...

then joeroy, how do u think this product fare? can fight with those more expensive and branded one?

AMDer which product would you want compare with? You pay peanuts and you get peanuts quanlity

Quote Originally Posted by AMDer
    then joeroy, how do u think this product fare? can fight with those more expensive and branded one?

Default short review of impression mach2 photobank

Hi guys. Just purchased the casing at the main office for $82.

I used the following

- 40gb 4200rpm Seagate
    - Lexar 1gb 80X
    - 4 X sanyo 2500
    - CF card reader

Transferring 1gb took me an average of 4min 37sec (pretty FAST!). After which, I turn off the device for 20 seconds and started another cycle. I was able to transfer 10 gb of photos before the device hang on me. (letting it rest for 10min solve the problem)

At $82, its a pretty good deal. The casing also acts as a USB2.0 portable storage for your pc/laptop. Highly recommended for people who wants a cheaper alternative compared to Xdrive or Compactdrive.

Talking

how much u paid altogether ?

Quote Originally Posted by deardeer

I used the following

- 40gb 4200rpm Seagate
    - Lexar 1gb 80X
    - 4 X sanyo 2500
    - CF card reader

Transferring 1gb took me an average of 4min 37sec (pretty FAST!). After which, I turn off the device for 20 seconds and started another cycle. I was able to transfer 10 gb of photos before the device hang on me. (letting it rest for 10min solve the problem)

At $82, its a pretty good deal. The casing also acts as a USB2.0 portable storage for your pc/laptop. Highly recommended for people who wants a cheaper alternative compared to Xdrive or Compactdrive.

Hdd price = $125
    Casing = $82
    Total = $207

good deal and cheap cheap all the way. Compare to other brands....

Hey guys, for all who using this casing.. got a question, what kind of batteries do you use? I used the sanyo 2500 , it works well..
    But when I tried using sanyo 2300 batteries, the transfer always hang... Tried 2 sets of sanyo 2300 liao. Problem still exists. Issit becos 2300 less power??

Talking

Hdd price = $125
    Casing = $82
    Total = $207
    u still need the card reader right ? can it be power from the plug other than battery ?

Question on xp home edition when using as a usb external hard disk - how does the hard disk show up when you click my computer ? I have a 5.35 ext hard disk casing that suckily does not show up in My computer, but I have to use right click on my computer to get to the manage option and down a few more menus before I can use the external.

If this works it sounds veyr bargus.

I used the following

- 40gb 4200rpm Seagate
    - Lexar 1gb 80X
    - 4 X sanyo 2500
    - CF card reader

Quote Originally Posted by chercm
    u still need the card reader right ? can it be power from the plug other than battery ?
    Yup. Actually, you dun really need the card reader, cos you can transfer right from the camera itself. For my case, Nikon D70.

The manual says you can get an optional "AC adaptor, 110V~220V/50Hz, 5V constant voltage, 1A". I have checked out the price of this adaptor in SLS. Cost $38.

But seriously speaking, I think using 2 sets of sanyo 2500 can last me for my up coming 10 days Australia trip liao.

Hope that helps

Quote Originally Posted by ellery
    Question on xp home edition when using as a usb external hard disk - how does the hard disk show up when you click my computer ? I have a 5.35 ext hard disk casing that suckily does not show up in My computer, but I have to use right click on my computer to get to the manage option and down a few more menus before I can use the external.

If this works it sounds veyr bargus.
    Eh.. I'm not sure about your case lei. When I first bought the hdd, I also couldn't see it in "my_computer". I gotta partition it in FAT32 and format it all using partition magic. I do remember there is a way to detect a new unpartition drive, if you dun have partition magic. But forgot le, sorry.

looks promising, i thought of getting a HDD as a mass storage. Might be my choice.

one more question here. the USB supplied is the normal kind? meaning it only uses the USB power without any other type of power input ?

The type of hdd used does it matter ? Coz the site said that it works better with 4200rpm hdd, Will 5400rpm hdd be any problem to the casing?
    Last edited by leeter; 5th May 2005 at 01:47 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast