Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CANON MARATHON XI 2013

Blog Entries

Default Re: CANON MARATHON XI 2013

i already like 2-3 years never join CPM liao... somehow my stuff sg don't like one

Quote Originally Posted by edutilos- View Post
    Next year's judges may not have the same view. Just shoot your best and give it a good shot. Take competitions seriously, yet not too seriously.

The Spirit of Competition Part II – It’s a No Contest | Magic Hour Travelscapes Unplugged
    I agree. There was ever a photo marathon judged by M.Freeman, M.Yamashita, S.McCurry and etc. They unanimously decided no one produced a pic that was good enough to win the ten thousand dollars prize. It becomes a case of are you experienced enough to disagree with their decision. As for the event, another means to pick the winner was decided upon.

Last edited by Reportage; 7th July 2013 at 09:57 PM.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

I personally feel the winners this year are all very deserving, especially the student category. In fact all those that hit the wall "gallery" are very good too. All pictures represents the theme well, and this year's winners also exhibited great technicalities to their shots. I guess it made work easier for the judges too.

It was a good learning experience for me, because I reflected on my own submissions vs those that won. Hopefully next year can have 1 on the wall.

Congrats to all the winners for job well done.
    "Time is often the best editor" - Alex Webb

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Reportage View Post
    I agree. There was ever a photo marathon judged by M.Freeman, M.Yamashita, S.McCurry and etc. They unanimously decided no one produced a pic that was good enough to win the ten thousand dollars prize. It becomes a case of are you experienced enough to disagree with their decision. As for the event, another means to pick the winner was decided upon.

oo i like michael freeman. those guys play in the big big field for a very long time.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Reportage View Post

oo i like michael freeman. those guys play in the big big field for a very long time.

you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

Congratz for the winners!
    Quote Originally Posted by zaren View Post

Quote Originally Posted by zaren View Post
    Congratulation to all winners !

After all, it is a game to me. Participating and enjoying the shooting are more important. Just like MARATHON run, lots of people joined to beat their own records. Look at growth, improvement.

On the serious side, over the past 11 events, how many winning shoots are still in your mind or still be remembered? Those are the really winning shoots.

In my humble opinion, good picture lasts, and taste better when you look back. Sometime, photo likes wine.
    Last edited by Canon_5D; 8th July 2013 at 12:52 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123