Thread: Aperture Adapter

Default Aperture Adapter

As some Nikon users may know about the problems with the D600 and D7100. It does not allow aperture control in live view. It's bad for me as i'm doing video most of the time. Just wondering are there any reliable companies that produces adapters to manually control the aperture?

Default Re: Aperture Adapter

How about using a lens with aperture ring? Nikon has many such lenses.
    EOS

I have quite a few AFS lenses and buying lenses with aperture rings is gonna cost a lot too. Thinking of a cheaper way though

i can't think of any product similar to what you're looking for, i'm afraid. the best. using an AF-D lens with aperture ring is the only way i can think of too, although like you say that'd probably not be very practical
    Check out my blog: pixelogist.me

m42 lens with adapter perchance?

interesting color rendition, direct aperture control.
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

Quote Originally Posted by Shizuma View Post
    m42 lens with adapter perchance?

interesting color rendition, direct aperture control.
    Don't think there is an adapter for M42 lenses to Nikon mount. In fact, I don't think too much vintage mount lenses can be adapted to Nikon mount without losing the ability to focus to infinity.
    Last edited by rhino123; 8th April 2013 at 10:50 AM.
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

Quote Originally Posted by rhino123 View Post
    Don't think there is an adapter for M42 lenses to Nikon mount. In fact, I don't think too much vintage mount lenses can be adapted to Nikon mount without losing the ability to focus to infinity.
    my bad. too much EOS and i take everything for granted. anyway the thread starter may wish to try legacy Nikon or Nikkor.

i am in the process of adapting my canon body to take Nikon lens
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

Quote Originally Posted by Shizuma View Post
    my bad. too much EOS and i take everything for granted. anyway the thread starter may wish to try legacy Nikon or Nikkor.

i am in the process of adapting my canon body to take Nikon lens
    I have done that... try Nikon 70-200mm f2.8 and 85mm f1.4... and it was sooo cool. Not saying that the Nikkor lens beats Canon's lenses, but my bro had Nikkor lenses and so I get to try with his collection. Of course everything are manual...
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

Had looked into this when I was eyeing the D600 some months back.

Had (naively) wondered if a combination of adaptors would work. After looking into it, realised it's not possible as a single adaptor changes the flange focal distance (lens/body same system). Most viable and cost-effective option would be to look at legacy lenses (AI/AIS) like Shizuma suggested. Could build a nice set of 3-4 primes under $1k, even less if you are patient and wait/search for the right deals. Alternatively, put that $1k into upgrading to a D800 (approx difference between a used D600 and D800).