Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LucasArts Shut Down By Disney

Default Re: LucasArts Shut Down By Disney

But, with the purchase of the Lucas properties by Disney, you know what game am I really looking forward to? Lightsabers in Kingdom Hearts 3. The mere thought of Sephiroth going against Darth Vader just makes me wet. Or Mickey trying to out run a giant boulder with Indy.
    Canon 5D MkIII|70-200 f/2.8L IS II USM|24-70 f2.8 L II USM|Σ 50 f1.4 EX DG HSM

Quote Originally Posted by dodgethis View Post
    But, with the purchase of the Lucas properties by Disney, you know what game am I really looking forward to? Lightsabers in Kingdom Hearts 3. The mere thought of Sephiroth going against Darth Vader just makes me wet. Or Mickey trying to out run a giant boulder with Indy.

The very thing you are looking "forward" to.... is the same thing that is giving me Cold Sweat... and NOT in any good way...

Scuba & Father... For Life

That's redundant because cold sweat never refers to anything positive.

That's redundant because cold sweat never refers to anything positive.

It does... cold sweat riding a roller coaster... cold sweat when watching horror movies... just an example...

The very idea that there might be a Micky and Donald version of StarWars.... with Chip & Dale as Ewoks.... fill Long Time Fans like me with horror...

The mere thought of Sephiroth going against Darth Vader just makes me wet.
    Well, most girls prefer foreplay to get wet, but whatever rocks your boat...
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by diver-hloc View Post
    It does... cold sweat riding a roller coaster... cold sweat when watching horror movies... just an example...

The very idea that there might be a Micky and Donald version of StarWars.... with Chip & Dale as Ewoks.... fill Long Time Fans like me with horror...
    You do realize that the major stakeholder in Marvel now is Disney, right? What have they to that company's properties?

LucasArts in SG affected also:
    Game over for LucasArts, including its studio in Singapore: Reports | TODAYonline

The SG office was opened only after our government threw many millions of tax-payer's money into it.
    Looks like it's all down the drain now.

You do realize that the major stakeholder in Marvel now is Disney, right? What have they to that company's properties?

Sorry friend... not a Marvel Fan.. even if they have added a Micky into the movie I also won't have notice... but I've watch StarWars since I'm 5-6yrs old... and like most Old Timer... I like my Childhood Memories to remain intact... LOL

Disney's got no vision.
    Its the one they should close.

Sad day for old gamers.
    Just like how Origin and Microprose got absorbed and are no more.

Sorry friend... not a Marvel Fan.. even if they have added a Micky into the movie I also won't have notice... but I've watch StarWars since I'm 5-6yrs old... and like most Old Timer... I like my Childhood Memories to remain intact... LOL
    I too grew up with Star Wars as a kid. I too grew up with the Marvel comics. Your view is that Disney will be screwing around with franchise no matter what, even before they have done a single thing. And what Disney has done with the Marvel Cinematic Universe has pleased me to no end. And no, they have not done anything to sully the universe. In fact, without Disney, I daresay that we would not even see the culmination that is The Avengers Movie.

I too grew up with Star Wars as a kid. I too grew up with the Marvel comics. Your view is that Disney will be screwing around with franchise no matter what, even before they have done a single thing. And what Disney has done with the Marvel Cinematic Universe has pleased me to no end. And no, they have not done anything to sully the universe. In fact, without Disney, I daresay that we would not even see the culmination that is The Avengers Movie.

Well... you have more faith on Disney than I do... and I hope you are right... cause if Episode 7, 8 & 9 pops out some Micky looking 'Jar Jar Binks' like character... it will be the last straw... LOL

Blog Entries

Well... you have more faith on Disney than I do... and I hope you are right... cause if Episode 7, 8 & 9 pops out some Micky looking 'Jar Jar Binks' like character... it will be the last straw... LOL
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

Quote Originally Posted by eleveninth View Post
    lol give uncle chance la.

I wonder if the sg office got affected by the layoffs.
    I eats, shoots & leaves

Luke.... Wa Si Lin Lao Peh...

no way.

NO WAY.

screw disney.

Blog Entries

this is so funny, i have to post it...

If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

the Clone Wars animations and other stuff are alive and well with LucasFilm, and the games will probably be developed by other studios, which developed or took part in developing many of the Clone Wars games anyway... so no respite there, whether you like the Clone Wars series or not...

Quote Originally Posted by hanzohattori View Post
    I wish ILM would buy the company.. but then again.. every company need a reboot
    ILM is part of LucasFilm, which is of course owned by the Mouse Brigade...

the sad part is the loss of LucasArts Singapore, but thankfully, LucasFilm Singapore and the local ILM and LucasFilm Animation outfits are still continuing...

Quote Originally Posted by theRBK View Post
    the Clone Wars animations and other stuff are alive and well with LucasFilm, and the games will probably be developed by other studios, which developed or took part in developing many of the Clone Wars games anyway... so no respite there, whether you like the Clone Wars series or not...

ILM is part of LucasFilm, which is of course owned by the Mouse Brigade...

the sad part is the loss of LucasArts Singapore, but thankfully, LucasFilm Singapore and the local ILM and LucasFilm Animation outfits are still continuing...
    I didn't know George have cashed in LucasFilm last year

Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75 View Post
    this is so funny, i have to post it...

Disney adding Leia to their stable of Princesses =

lol! That's hilarious!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast