Thread: Recommended travel chargers?

Default Recommended travel chargers?

Can anyone recommend an AA charger that is light enough to carry during travelling, and doesn't come with a huge brick for a power adaptor?

check out the sanyo chargers. go east gear, they have a whole lot of chargers there

east gear is located at Peninsula Plaze 2nd level

Maha C401FS from Eastgear. That's the one I'd recommend, though a lighter alternative is one that they don't seem to sell anymore, one that's sourced from Taiwan. The latter has a foldable US-style twin prong on the unit itself, that can be plugged into any bathroom shaver point.

I have both, and they work well ... haven't "cooked" any of my batteries yet.

Did eastgear ever stock this one?

The 401 also seems to use a brick power supply.

Go and have a look ... the "brick" power supply of the C401FS is surprisingly small and light. However, I think it only comes in the 2-round-pin configuration, so you may need an adapter with you when travelling (or fall back on the standard shaver outlets in hotels).

Nope EG doesn't stock the 204W. They do have in fact many other compact ones for travelling uses. Get a cheap one that does the job will do if you have a main charger at home.