Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anybody Lumixer Here Gaffer Your FZ10/FZ20?

Quote Originally Posted by icarus
    Ah, it will leave residue... if your grip is made of rubber, you will have a tough time cleaning those off
    Sounds like gaffer thats been left on too long hahaha.

I personally like to see wear marks on my stuff.. makes it look really seasoned haha.
    RH

Quote Originally Posted by icarus
    Ah, it will leave residue... if your grip is made of rubber, you will have a tough time cleaning those off
    Personally I'm ok if it is sign that the seller has taken great care to protect the investment (of course he might not). After all, when one buying, the first thing he inspects is to see any scratches on the equipment. This are signs of how the camera has been handled by the seller.

Cheers
    John

If the cam is not proper care, will have the sticky feeling . Especially the edge. hehehe..

SO long the cam is good in condition, no prob. SCratch on body? DISCOUNT!!! Lower the price. As simple as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by rhair78
    Sounds like gaffer thats been left on too long hahaha.

I personally like to see wear marks on my stuff.. makes it look really seasoned haha.
    Haha... you very pro leh...

I think the problem with gaffer tape is that sticky problems occur only in our type of climate... HOT & HUMID... means we use the gaffered cam with our warm and sweaty palms in hot weather.

After a while, even after you remove the tape, the cam will be sticky and hard to clean up without compromising on the paintwork. I believe that in a temperate climate, this isn't so much of an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by tao
    Haha... you very pro leh...

I think the problem with gaffer tape is that sticky problems occur only in our type of climate... HOT & HUMID... means we use the gaffered cam with our warm and sweaty palms in hot weather.

After a while, even after you remove the tape, the cam will be sticky and hard to clean up without compromising on the paintwork. I believe that in a temperate climate, this isn't so much of an issue.
    U got it!!! H(2)

Blog Entries

Moisture trapped under the gaffer tape also promotes growth of fungus ....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12