Thread: Watermark...

Default Watermark...

Any idea how to get a watermark on pictures, one that looks tasteful but still protects the images? I know that one can simply type their name copyright note etc. using MS-Paint (which is what I used to do), but now I need to provide something more decent. I would prefer if I could specify the location of where it would appear as well.

I have a legal copy of PhotoElements 1 and some very old Photoshop LE version! A reference to a free legal software that does provide such a functinality would be nice..

Many thanks

-- Marios

No reply? Maybe everyone using ILlegal software?????

HS

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hongsien
    No reply? Maybe everyone using ILlegal software?????

HS
    trying to stir another flame war? sat and sun are known to be quiet days on CS becos most people are out.

marios_pittas - in ur PS, u can create ur own watermarks using Layers. make a duplicate layer of ur pic first. then, create an empty layer. use the Text tool to add in the text on this empty new Layer. save ur file as *.psd first. this creates a PS worksheet, in case u wish to remove the Text layer next time. then, save ur file again as jpg. PS will then compress ur layers into a single file. this will create the watermark on ur pic. hope it helps?
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

yep ... use ps layers and opacity lor ... then u'll get a translucent watermark

Ok guys I will have a look. I am not sure if my PS LE version or PE 1.0 has layers.. will be back for additional help if not.

Many thanks

-- Marios

hi,

wat would be the normal font & font size used for a normal watermark.

of cos it could be subjective, but just want get some opinions and make the mark see if i like it.

thanks

just play around with the font lor ... for female models ... remember how .. bigger safer than smaller ... later some tkp go ps off your tiny watermark and host it somewhere not-so-nice ... then u kenna sue ... also not-so-nice ...

just play around with the size and font ... find something u like or u think looks nice ... then use lor =)