Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Great review of Olympus C4000Z at Imaging Resource...

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    12,938

    Default Great review of Olympus C4000Z at Imaging Resource...

    Read more about it: http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/C40/C40A.HTM

    quote:
    This was probably the most time I've ever spent on the review of a sub-$500 digicam, but I felt that the camera itself more than justified it: IMHO, Olympus' new four-megapixel C-4000 Zoom delivers more features and value for the price than pretty much anything else on the market, at least a this particular point in time.The overall package is really an exceptional value. I'm pretty confident in predicting that this model is going to be a big success for Olympus.
    Check out my wildlife pics at www.instagram.com/conrad_nature

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    12,938

    Default

    someone in HWZ got a quote of $800 w/o GST from AP
    Check out my wildlife pics at www.instagram.com/conrad_nature

  3. #3

    Default

    It also comes with a free 64MB SM card, GP Powerbank Rapid charger with 4 1600mah batteries, and an advanced Camedia digital workshop worth $300, as stated in the ad on 28th August 2002 Computer Times. Quite a nice deal to me.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    12,938

    Default

    equote from Cathay Photo and other cameras.....

    1) Olympus C4000 Zoom @ S$825.00
    free with purchase ( while offer/stock last )
    - 64MB smartmedia card
    - GP Powerbank charger kit

    2) Olympus C40 @ S$1,050.00
    3) Olympus C4040 @ S$1,205.00
    4) Olympus C3040 @ S$875.00
    5) Canon G2 @ S$1,180.00

    Date : 30 Aug. 2002 / SL
    Check out my wildlife pics at www.instagram.com/conrad_nature

  5. #5

    Default

    is this a good camera ? might be considering to buy this

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    North West
    Posts
    897

    Default Re: Great review of Olympus C4000Z at Imaging Resource...

    Hi Mpenza

    The C4000 has an external flash connection right. Using Vivitar only get "auto" mode. Mertz give "TTL" mode but have to get the Oly original bracket also. Is there any other flash that can work on "TTL" mode with just one cable?

    Cheers--

    Originally posted by mpenza
    Read more about it: http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/C40/C40A.HTM

    quote:
    This was probably the most time I've ever spent on the review of a sub-$500 digicam, but I felt that the camera itself more than justified it: IMHO, Olympus' new four-megapixel C-4000 Zoom delivers more features and value for the price than pretty much anything else on the market, at least a this particular point in time.The overall package is really an exceptional value. I'm pretty confident in predicting that this model is going to be a big success for Olympus.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    12,938

    Default

    I'm not too sure abt it. Seems like the Olympus flash is the only option....
    Check out my wildlife pics at www.instagram.com/conrad_nature

  8. #8
    Midnight
    Guests

    Default

    For those who are interested in the C-4000, you may wish to consider waiting till the official release of the C-5050 at Photokina before making your purchase decision. IMHO, the C-5050 packs far more attractive features than the C-4000 (one such feature being a flash hotshoe, which will eliminate the need for the expensive flash bracket and cable combo mentioned earlier in this thread), but it remains to be seen what kind of price premium we will have to pay for this new crop of 1/1.8" CCD five-megapixel cameras.

  9. #9

    Default

    Originally posted by Midnight
    For those who are interested in the C-4000, you may wish to consider waiting till the official release of the C-5050 at Photokina before making your purchase decision. IMHO, the C-5050 packs far more attractive features than the C-4000 (one such feature being a flash hotshoe, which will eliminate the need for the expensive flash bracket and cable combo mentioned earlier in this thread), but it remains to be seen what kind of price premium we will have to pay for this new crop of 1/1.8" CCD five-megapixel cameras.
    meaning that it would be very exp ???
    now c4000 oni 800

  10. #10
    Midnight
    Guests

    Default

    Originally posted by Blankies
    meaning that it would be very exp ???
    now c4000 oni 800
    We don't really know what the prices of the new five-megapixel cameras will be like yet, because they are using a new CCD model. My wild guess is that the initial retail price of the C-5050 will be slightly higher than the Canon G2 and definitely significantly lower than the Nikon CP5700.

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    North West
    Posts
    897

    Default

    Originally posted by mpenza
    I'm not too sure abt it. Seems like the Olympus flash is the only option....

  12. #12

    Default

    Originally posted by Midnight
    We don't really know what the prices of the new five-megapixel cameras will be like yet, because they are using a new CCD model. My wild guess is that the initial retail price of the C-5050 will be slightly higher than the Canon G2 and definitely significantly lower than the Nikon CP5700.
    wooh...that would be ard 1.3 k eh ?

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    L2TPYSG
    Posts
    4,057

    Default

    hmm was thinking if I could get the 3040 at 4000 price I rather the former...
    "I'm... dreaming... of a wide... angle~
    Just like the ones I used to know~"

  14. #14

    Default

    Originally posted by denizenx
    hmm was thinking if I could get the 3040 at 4000 price I rather the former...
    why is that soooo ????

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •