Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: PS Action needed: Batch add datetime stamp from exif info into picture.

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis32
    I tried this but realised that the lens and the range is all wrong... using D70 but they gives me my lens as Canon 100mm macro... in fact i think all gives me the same lens... any way to fix this?
    Try this http://www.joecolson.com/PrintEXIF/ ver 1.6 for PSCS; ver1.7 for PSCS2

Thanks Jopel... it works pretty well..

In fact, i managed to find a few script but could not figure out how to customise it so that i can combine some of the features... will look into it when i have more time.

Default Mike's Framing Scripts

just found this one which i find very flexible.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/pootern...%20Script.html

you can choose what info to display, fonts and font sizes, etc.

here is a sample of what the script does

Not bad... i will need to go thru and see how to customise it. :P Thanks..

Default Re: Mike's Framing Scripts

Quote Originally Posted by madmacs
    just found this one which i find very flexible.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/pootern...%20Script.html

you can choose what info to display, fonts and font sizes, etc.

here is a sample of what the script does

Very good script and like it a lot. The only problem is can not make the final product to 8:12 ratio for S8R Print with the 2:3 original photo ratio. Alwalys come with odd ratio in final product.

Anybody can help?

Default Re: PS Action needed: Batch add datetime stamp from exif info into picture.

you mean the photo itself 8 by 12 but after adding the frame it becomes 8.x by 12.x?

Default Re: PS Action needed: Batch add datetime stamp from exif info into picture.

you mean the photo itself 8 by 12 but after adding the frame it becomes 8.x by 12.x?
    Yes..proven with my yesterday printout at KT. Hope somebody can help

Quote Originally Posted by bkling1
    Yes..proven with my yesterday printout at KT. Hope somebody can help
    i guess you did resized the photo before calling the script? try letting the script do the resizing for you.

try equalising all the borders, cuz the lower border is thicker
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

i guess you did resized the photo before calling the script? try letting the script do the resizing for you.
    Nope..I am using the original photo size and setting with ratio 2:3 and run the script. Even you equal all the border or matt will produce weird ratio which does not fit 2:3 ratio.

Nope..I am using the original photo size and setting with ratio 2:3 and run the script. Even you equal all the border or matt will produce weird ratio which does not fit 2:3 ratio.
    you need to resize your photo before running the script. reduce 66 pix from the width and 91 pix from the height.

Example: 8 x 12 at 150 dpi resolution is Width:1800, Height: 1200. Change the width:1734 and height: 1109.

If you use the crop tool you need to set the width, height, and resolution as above.

In mike's framer uncheck the Resize Photo and 72 DPI for Web Viewing.
    uncheck flatten layers for better control.

Quote Originally Posted by jopel
    you need to resize your photo before running the script. reduce 66 pix from the width and 91 pix from the height.

Example: 8 x 12 at 150 dpi resolution is Width:1800, Height: 1200. Change the width:1734 and height: 1109.

If you use the crop tool you need to set the width, height, and resolution as above.

In mike's framer uncheck the Resize Photo and 72 DPI for Web Viewing.
    uncheck flatten layers for better control.
    Jopel

Thanks for your info. I have tried it and it worked. Ya..have to resize or crop it before applying the script. Something to share with my own experience after reading the solution given by Jopel. The fomula are as follow for the cropping:-

1.0 Assuming the original photo is taken with Canon 20D with WidthXHeight=3504pxx2336px
    2.0 Assuming you wish the border to be 12px and matte to be 75 and double matte at bootom of the photo
    3.0 Then, the crop size shall be Width=3504(original px)-75(left matte)-75(Right matte)-12(Right border)-12(Left border)=3330px and Height=2236(Original px)-75(Top Matte)-150(2xbot matte)-12(Left border)-12(Right border)=2087px.

After the above 3 steps then apply the script and will get the correct ratio. It will be good if somebody caould write the above step into the scripts..

Do advise, after you printed.. I never had good experience whenever PS did the border, somehow the lab printer does not like it even after painstakenly ensuring that your final size is set correctly (e.g. 4R @ 300 dpi 1200x1800px).

I've thus decided to let the lab do the borders if I need to add borders, however it would be good to print the EXIF for some personal photos using this script. Do share if it turns out ok for you. TIA.

../azul123

Quote Originally Posted by azul123
    Do advise, after you printed.. I never had good experience whenever PS did the border, somehow the lab printer does not like it even after painstakenly ensuring that your final size is set correctly (e.g. 4R @ 300 dpi 1200x1800px).

I've thus decided to let the lab do the borders if I need to add borders, however it would be good to print the EXIF for some personal photos using this script. Do share if it turns out ok for you. TIA.

../azul123
    for lab it will be very difficult to get it printed correctly, but no problem with inkjet printer.

Quote Originally Posted by azul123

../azul123
    Just came back from collecting my print out. For S8R, it come out perfectly alright. But for 4R, 2 sides of the borders were slightly cut..may be due to the machine cutting. With minor adjustment will solve the problem I think.

It's not the machine I think, it has been like that for me everytime, even if we follow the dimesions correctly, puzzled the lab printers as well.

Thanks for the info though.

../azul123

hi jopel and bkling1. thanks for sharing the info.

Jopel

Thanks for your info. I have tried it and it worked. Ya..have to resize or crop it before applying the script. Something to share with my own experience after reading the solution given by Jopel. The fomula are as follow for the cropping:-

1.0 Assuming the original photo is taken with Canon 20D with WidthXHeight=3504pxx2336px
    2.0 Assuming you wish the border to be 12px and matte to be 75 and double matte at bootom of the photo
    3.0 Then, the crop size shall be Width=3504(original px)-75(left matte)-75(Right matte)-12(Right border)-12(Left border)=3330px and Height=2236(Original px)-75(Top Matte)-150(2xbot matte)-12(Left border)-12(Right border)=2087px.

After the above 3 steps then apply the script and will get the correct ratio. It will be good if somebody caould write the above step into the scripts..

btw..you can save the settings to a file from within the script dialog. so different settings for different occasions.

I've started to use the script - however - after numerous attempts I can't seem to apply my own details! The default settings appear on my piccies.

Can any one help for a techno newbie?

Thanks also for offering the script!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123