Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 234569 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 240

Thread: 2nd Korean War

  1. #61

    Default Re: 2nd Korean War

    My take of this NK. This war would likely come because nasty Fatboy & his generals just cannot lose face. It will either be a short or long conflict. If it is a short war then damages around the asian region would unlikely be affected. But if it is long haul war (3 weeks & beyond) and if nukes are used then Asia even Singapore will be affected by the nuke fallout from the sky. Food & water will be first to be affected. Imagine not able to eat vegetables, fruits, meat etc be it imported or grown in singapore or drink our water from reservoirs etc. it will be bad. Really bad

  2. #62
    Moderator ed9119's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,931
    Blog Entries
    26

    Default Re: 2nd Korean War

    Quote Originally Posted by ffshooter View Post
    My take of this NK. This war would likely come because nasty Fatboy & his generals just cannot lose face. It will either be a short or long conflict. If it is a short war then damages around the asian region would unlikely be affected. But if it is long haul war (3 weeks & beyond) and if nukes are used then Asia even Singapore will be affected by the nuke fallout from the sky. Food & water will be first to be affected. Imagine not able to eat vegetables, fruits, meat etc be it imported or grown in singapore or drink our water from reservoirs etc. it will be bad. Really bad
    1.6bil people in between will kenna first by the time it reaches sg
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

  3. #63
    Moderator diver-hloc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Somewhere North
    Posts
    5,201

    Default Re: 2nd Korean War

    Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post
    1.6bil people in between will kenna first by the time it reaches sg

    Which is why I strongly doubt NK's big bro will allow them to go rouge...

    Scuba & Father... For Life

  4. #64

    Default Re: 2nd Korean War

    China won't allow NK to nuke Samsung-land.

    Or else who will be having products Proudly Made in the People's Republic ?

    Maybe a limited scale conventional arms conflict. Then, PRC can step in an install a governor for DPRK and DPRK will be the next factory town.
    Pyongyang will demine all the fields and the DMZ and open the highway for Samsung and the other chaebols to setup low cost factory (with N Korean workers) under Chinese control.

    Oh boy. why aren't i writing Tom Clancy novels.
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

  5. #65
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    sing
    Posts
    3,353

    Default Re: 2nd Korean War

    Quote Originally Posted by ffshooter View Post
    Imagine not able to eat vegetables, fruits, meat etc be it imported or grown in singapore or drink our water from reservoirs etc. it will be bad. Really bad
    Live on McDonald's egg McMuffin + Coke + fries + vitamin C supplements for 1 year.

  6. #66
    Senior Member Dfive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Singapore lah....
    Posts
    3,106

    Default Re: 2nd Korean War

    Quote Originally Posted by dreaming View Post
    maybe this time can be serious.

    anybody noticed that China is keeping to themselves about the development..
    How do you know they are not massing 1 Million troops....
    See my WTS items.. :) Any sales is by meet up face to face, payment is cash only.

  7. #67
    Senior Member Dfive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Singapore lah....
    Posts
    3,106

    Default Re: 2nd Korean War

    Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    Will some Clubsnap moderator please volunteer to go to North Korea and teach Fatty how to use binoculars properly?

    Fatty is using this pair of binoculars upside down. None of his generals nearby dared to say anything.

    At the same time introduce Fatty to Leica and Zeiss binoculars. Fatty's binoculars even got gold plating on the interior of the lens assembly, which means it has flare and optical aberration due to internal reflection.


    Man on right is saying " you freakin looser ! "
    See my WTS items.. :) Any sales is by meet up face to face, payment is cash only.

  8. #68
    Member 9V-Orion Images's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Autenticate ALGRN @ 7987.8270
    Posts
    1,760

    Default Re: 2nd Korean War

    Please loh. Last time DPRK midget submarine sunk ROKS Cheonan (PCC-772) on the 26th of March 2010 killing 46 ROKN sailors and bombarded the Island of Yeonpyeong on the 23th November 2010 killing 4 civilians. In the end, No Action Talk Only (NATO) prevail without any retaliation whatsoever.

    DPRK is like a small kid with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), there should be a global, international and worldwide media blackout on North Korea. Not a single mention of them and they will still self-destruct internally eventually.
    Last edited by 9V-Orion Images; 31st March 2013 at 11:30 PM.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

  9. #69
    Moderator diver-hloc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Somewhere North
    Posts
    5,201

    Default Re: 2nd Korean War

    Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post
    Please loh. Last time DPRK midget submarine sunk ROKS Cheonan (PCC-772) on the 26th of March 2010 killing 46 ROKN sailors and bombarded the Island of Yeonpyeong on the 23th November 2010 killing 4 civilians. In the end, No Action Talk Only (NATO) prevail without any retaliation whatsoever.

    DPRK is like a small kid with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), there should be a global, international and worldwide media blackout on North Korea. Not a single mention of them and they will still self-destruct internally eventually.

    I have to respectfully disagree....

    While I full understand your intentions and meaning... if you don't give NK the attention it seeks... they'll just escalate the situation till they get worldwide notice one way or the other... be it more nuke test, more ICBMs lanches, more submarines attack and/or more arty and rockets attack....

    Giving them the attention they seeked may be a way for them to 'Blow Stream'... not a perfect solution for the long run... but at least not much chances of any full scale conflict for the forseeable future...

    Scuba & Father... For Life

  10. #70
    Moderator diver-hloc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Somewhere North
    Posts
    5,201

    Default Re: 2nd Korean War

    Quote Originally Posted by Dfive View Post
    How do you know they are not massing 1 Million troops....

    We don't... but for a country that will surely be more powerful that USA within the next 20-25yrs... its awfully stupid to throw everything away just to friend friend with little fat Kim... beside, have you met the new generation of modern Chinese youth ?? They care more for iPad, iPhone, making $$$$ and having a good life then believing in Good 'O' Commie teaching from Chairman Mao.

    China won't risk its 'Rising' in International standing to support NK... same for Russia... a coup, supported by China &/or Russia most likely would happen before little Kim goes too far.

    Scuba & Father... For Life

  11. #71

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by diver-hloc View Post

    We don't... but for a country that will surely be more powerful that USA within the next 20-25yrs... its awfully stupid to throw everything away just to friend friend with little fat Kim... beside, have you met the new generation of modern Chinese youth ?? They care more for iPad, iPhone, making $$$$ and having a good life then believing in Good 'O' Commie teaching from Chairman Mao.

    China won't risk its 'Rising' in International standing to support NK... same for Russia... a coup, supported by China &/or Russia most likely would happen before little Kim goes too far.
    Totally agree. China is trying to portray itself as a modern country, on the world stage. If all other countries work this way, it would only make sense to follow in line to appeal to the world.

    Letting NK go berserk would be telling the world that they have no control over it.

    But also... How does anyone know if China is ordering such blatant acts of aggression from NK? They could be using it as a smokescreen, or to show in future that they have absolute control. How China reacts to NK will show the world of its power

  12. #72

    Default Re: 2nd Korean War

    If China does not leash its dog tightly and continue to let it bark endlessly, North Korea will eventually breach the border and give South Korea a bite.

    And before we know it, Tomahawks will be raining all over North Korea, B-2s flying in to further disable other strategic installations and the B-52s dumping sh!t all over the poor(literally) country.

    North Korea can effectively say goodbye to third world and hello to stone age.

    Really wonder WTH is Fatty Kim thinking, Saddam's example is fake one ah?

  13. #73
    Senior Member UncleFai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,429

    Default Re: 2nd Korean War

    Quote Originally Posted by tecnica View Post
    Really wonder WTH is Fatty Kim thinking, Saddam's example is fake one ah?
    He's probably thinking "Saddam no WMD, that's why mati. I have so I won't!"

  14. #74

    Default Re: 2nd Korean War

    Quote Originally Posted by UncleFai View Post
    He's probably thinking "Saddam no WMD, that's why mati. I have so I won't!"
    I guess the Patriot batteries around the region(South Korea, Japan, Taiwan) are quite armed and ready liao.

    Waiting for U.S. to nuke(although highly impossible) North Korea and shut that piece of fatty meat up.

  15. #75

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tecnica View Post
    If China does not leash its dog tightly and continue to let it bark endlessly, North Korea will eventually breach the border and give South Korea a bite.

    And before we know it, Tomahawks will be raining all over North Korea, B-2s flying in to further disable other strategic installations and the B-52s dumping sh!t all over the poor(literally) country.

    North Korea can effectively say goodbye to third world and hello to stone age.

    Really wonder WTH is Fatty Kim thinking, Saddam's example is fake one ah?
    They are so isolated, he still doesn' t know what happen to saddam or any other regimes that have been brought down recently. Fatty kim needs to be spank by PRC.

  16. #76
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    sing
    Posts
    3,353

    Default Re: 2nd Korean War

    PRC has learned the lessons of its stupid & costly dogmatic mistakes.

    PRC should never have helped (North) Vietnam. It will not help North Korea this time.

    • In the past, PRC supported (North) Vietnam for almost 10 years in its war against South Vietnam and the USA.
    PRC weapons, ammunition, food rations, other logistics, military advisers, etc.. down the Ho Chi Minh trail into Vietnam.
    But no gratitude. Soon after North Vietnam was victorious in 1975, it turned against the PRC. Internally within Vietnam, it persecuted the Vietnamese-Chinese. That was how boat people came about. In 2013, the now unified Vietnam (no more North or South) is friendly with USA (its former enemy) and ganging up together against PRC (its former ally and benefactor) in the quarrel over South China Sea and Spratly Islands.

    • In the 1950s PRC sent numerous weapons and troops into North Korea to fight and die on their behalf. To push back US troops down to 38th parallel. Even Mao's son died fighting.
    Now in 2013, PRC asked North Korea to restrain themselves on latest nuclear test. North Korea no-hue PRC. The attitude is, North Korea does not need PRC anymore, now that it has nuclear weapons.

    • PRC should just sit back and let other countries get bashed up in their own wars. Don't get involved. Don't save them. All a big ungrateful bunch. Instead should just use the time, money and effort to make their own PRC citizens rich.
    Last edited by ricohflex; 1st April 2013 at 07:06 PM.

  17. #77

    Default Re: 2nd Korean War

    China and Russia should just sit back, have a cup of coffee and watch North Korea count its own death.

    What makes Kim think that he can anyhow sink his chio neighbour's warship and arty her at will?

  18. #78
    Moderator diver-hloc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Somewhere North
    Posts
    5,201

    Default Re: 2nd Korean War

    Quote Originally Posted by lightyear2011 View Post
    They are so isolated, he still doesn' t know what happen to saddam or any other regimes that have been brought down recently. Fatty kim needs to be spank by PRC.

    He knows... just think he is safe behind 1 million NK troops and Nukes...


    Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post

    PRC should just sit back and let other countries get bashed up in their own wars. Don't get involved. Don't save them. All a big ungrateful bunch. Instead should just use the time, money and effort to make their own PRC citizens rich.
    Quote Originally Posted by tecnica View Post
    China and Russia should just sit back, have a cup of coffee and watch North Korea count its own death.

    What makes Kim think that he can anyhow sink his chio neighbour's warship and arty her at will?

    There is 2 reason why both China and Russia can't just 'Sit Back'...

    1) Buffer Zone - If SK and NK reunited, and the New Korea is allied with USA. The might of US armed forces will be at the doorsteps of both China and Russia. While its unlikely USA would invade one or both country... Both will still feel uncomfortable... its like your next door neighbor buying Knives and Guard Dogs... its 'NOT' against the law... but you'll still worry what he/she is up too...

    2) Wartime Refugees - Both country more or less border NK... Russia less so than China. But if war does breaks out and the Invading Army is coming from South.. it only make sense to go North... into China and/or Russia... I strongly doubt both county is willing to feed millions a upon millions of refugees...


    Which is why I believe one or both country would support a rival of KIM, some General from the NK Army, to stage a coup d'etat and replace little KIM and Family... doing so, China will still have NK as a buffer against US forces in SK and Japan... Both country won't have to feed/takecare of NK's refugees... The 'New' Dear Leader might be easier to control and less 'Crazy'... keeping status quo in the area....

    Scuba & Father... For Life

  19. #79
    Senior Member albertri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    6,304

    Default Re: 2nd Korean War

    If I'm fat kim I would flood the market with their counterfeit US bills, they call it super notes it's almost the same as the old US notes just one small printing flawed that distinguished their counterfeit notes from real :-)

    If war erupted I'm sure China and Russia will benefit coz like they always said war is a good business
    <<<<<Hobo in Singapore >>>> View My 500px

  20. #80
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,195

    Default

    I suspect is all noise and no action. Kim just want his pple to be united against a common enemy. And that is his way to gather support from his pple.

    I was reading wikipedia on Korea war. NK actually almost conquer the entire peninsula within 2 months. Had US not stepped in to help, there would not have been SK today.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 234569 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •