Thread: Earphones / Clip-ons

Default Earphones / Clip-ons

Am currently looking around for a pair of new earphones / clip-ons.

Can someone enlighten me on the differences? Sound quality? Comfort? How well they block outside noise?

The audio-technica series of earphones look nice, wonder if anyone is using them?
    What bout Koss? Sennheiser?

Quote Originally Posted by mookie
    Am currently looking around for a pair of new earphones / clip-ons.

Can someone enlighten me on the differences? Sound quality? Comfort? How well they block outside noise?

The audio-technica series of earphones look nice, wonder if anyone is using them?
    What bout Koss? Sennheiser?
    Sennheiser earphones are good but they dun block out ambient noise. If cheaper options, go for passive noise cancelling ones like Sony's N.U.D.E EX51/71/81 series, Panasonic's HJE50. But these earphones are a bit on the bass heavy side.

For comfort, depending in individaul preferences, i like the EX70/71 earphones.

I think KOSS is crapy. Dun like Sennheiser's MX series design. Esp the wires......looks a bit on the cheap side. Yup the AT's stick earphones looks great but i have not tried it yet.

Yup took a look at the Ex51/71/81 models from Sony, but don't like designs shaped like ear-plugs, don't fit into my ears well..haha

Quote Originally Posted by mookie
    Yup took a look at the Ex51/71/81 models from Sony, but don't like designs shaped like ear-plugs, don't fit into my ears well..haha
    You tried it before? Anyway, i think you can try the ATH-CM7 or CM5. They look good. Or Sony's MDR-E888

Visit www.sgheadphones.net for the headphones version of clubsnap.

BTW Koss's KCS75 actually beat the crap out of many more expensive headphones, basically most headphones/earphones that Sony made are the real crap deal, cept maybe the E888 and the CDK3000. Looking good doesn't equate to sounding good

I still love my Sony E888, the longer i use it sounds better.

but got to retire it after 8 years of usage because the wire finally broke. (not bad, i only paid $10 per year for such a good ear phone)

now i am using Koss KSC35 (the rest of the Koss series sucks), my only complain is that the bass is still not as solid as legend E888.
    We are HDD of PC & FT are MB add to storage;
    so PC never hangs with enormous storage capacity - LKY

To me Sony MDR-EX*** series earphone sounds blurry and muffled.
    I thought there's something wrong with the magnet and went to the shop and changed it. Still the same. Didn't bother to use it. Felt cheated.
    MDR-Q*** series doesnt sound good either.
    E888 is good! But lose to headphones, thats why I've switched to headphones nowadays. Esp Sony MDR-V*** series.
    Sennheiser to me only the really expensive ones sounds decent. Not worth at all.
    Just my preference.

Hmm.....every individual's ears and listening preference is different. So I think mookie gotta choose carefully.

BTW, he is asking for earphones, not headphones.

To me, a pair of earphones must sound and look good. If it looks crappy, you will not catch me wearing it out. It is a bit like clothing and accessories.

Imagine, you use a classy iPod mini and pair it with a cheaping looking but good sounding earphone.......so alamak!
    Last edited by afbug; 2nd April 2005 at 03:05 AM.