Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 50

Thread: Panasonic DSLR coming in 2006.

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Beijing, Shuangjing
    Posts
    1,213

    Default Panasonic DSLR coming in 2006.

    To all Panasonic Fans... welcome to the 4/3 system.

    http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/con...id=7-6465-7714

    I wonder will they use Leica lens ? hehe.
    Last edited by art2d2; 1st April 2005 at 10:25 AM. Reason: wrong spelling
    Pentaxian for life ! My Webby
    K-X, DA70mm F2.4. DA 35mm F2.4, DA 18-135 WR

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by art2d2
    To all Panasonic Fans... welcome to the 4/3 system.

    http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/con...id=7-6465-7714

    I wonder will they use Leica lens ? hehe.
    Not sure if Pana needs any pre-release beta-user?

    I dun mind to be one, even if I need to sign the NDA...as long as they are willing to provide the prototype (body + lens) for me to use.

  3. #3

    Default

    I'll be the second to line up!!! Better start saving up already...

    Question: What do you guys think of the four third system? This is a general question.

  4. #4
    Moderator John Teoh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Tampines, Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    2,059

    Default

    The story implies that Matsushita will concentrate on making its cameras and lenses smaller than previously available film and digital SLR models.
    Sounds promising. Hopefully lower costs for us especially where the cost is concern.

    Cheers
    John

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John Teoh
    Sounds promising. Hopefully lower costs for us especially where the cost is concern.

    Cheers
    John
    Body cost not sure, but with four-third system, it will mean that the choice of lens opens up, at least Oly is pushing for it...so, more choice, $$ will be more competitive....But again, it will be good if we can be the beta users.

  6. #6

    Default

    Although my current camera is an FZ20, if you ask me would I buy a Pana dslr...the answer is a simple no!!! I will tell you why.

    1. Pana has no experience in dslr and with so top brands to choose from such as Canon, Nikon, Olympus etc...I would put my hard earn cash on these brands.

    2. Pana camera support is very poor.

    3. They don't provide firmware upgrades while most other digicam brands do!!!

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lightning69
    Although my current camera is an FZ20, if you ask me would I buy a Pana dslr...the answer is a simple no!!! I will tell you why.

    1. Pana has no experience in dslr and with so top brands to choose from such as Canon, Nikon, Olympus etc...I would put my hard earn cash on these brands.

    2. Pana camera support is very poor.

    3. They don't provide firmware upgrades while most other digicam brands do!!!
    Hmmmm...then you should consider selling your FZ20 away and get something else...

  8. #8
    Senior Member King Tiger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    In the heart of SengKang
    Posts
    5,882

    Default

    With it strong financial power, relationship with Lecia, R & D, Panasonic is a arising gaint.
    War is one of the most regrettable human activities.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JimDavis
    Hmmmm...then you should consider selling your FZ20 away and get something else...
    I love my Fz20....just because of the great lens that came with it...12x optically stabilise!!! If not for the leica lens i won't have bought it.

    Going back to the dslr from pana...take away leica lens from panasonic dslr body = no big deal !!! And since lens are interchangable, would you consider a pana body?

  10. #10

    Default

    Sorry if my question may be weird, but is it possible for Pana to incorporate the MOIS into the body itself?

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lightning69
    I love my Fz20....just because of the great lens that came with it...12x optically stabilise!!! If not for the leica lens i won't have bought it.

    Going back to the dslr from pana...take away leica lens from panasonic dslr body = no big deal !!! And since lens are interchangable, would you consider a pana body?
    I don't see any point arguing with you here. It all depends on what one is looking for.

    Big deal or no big deal is very subjective anyway.

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by natnivek
    Sorry if my question may be weird, but is it possible for Pana to incorporate the MOIS into the body itself?
    Could be, but it might be very pricy lor.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by King Tiger
    With it strong financial power, relationship with Lecia, R & D, Panasonic is a arising gaint.
    KT fat bonus this year liao hor..
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Sengkang
    Posts
    2,156

    Default

    wow!

    good!



    wondering if the rest of the electronic giants would also do the same?

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JimDavis
    Could be, but it might be very pricy lor.
    Ok... If they managed to do that while still making it affordable, i'll definately strongly consider pana over the rest. They've proven they can make quality cameras.

    Don't mind I ask again, so can anyone tell me if the four-third system is a good system? From what I understand, nikon and canon are not using this system right?

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Clementi
    Posts
    6,580

    Default

    Nikon, Canon, Pentax and Minolta are not using the 4/3 system as they have a huge 35mm base already. Hence they will prefer to stick to the 35mm standard. Only Fujifilm, Kodak and Olympus is doing so.

    BTW, incorporating image stabilization in the body has been done by the Dynax 7D from Minolta. Lens stabilisation is done by Canon and Nikon. Each has its own benefits. But I personally prefer Minolta's method.

    And for those who are asking if a DSLR from Panasonic is a big deal... YES it is! There is a whole system required to backup the DSLR or any film SLR system. That includes lenses, accessories, flashes, software, etc, etc..... it's very complicated and requires rather specialized know-how... I presume Panasonic will tap Leica's experience although Leica caters mainly to the top range consumers... Not easy to break the stranglehold of the 4 top brands....

    I suspect Panasonic might go the way Fujifilm did.... borrow the F-80 body to produce the S2/S3Pro.

  17. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Siglap
    Posts
    125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by art2d2
    To all Panasonic Fans... welcome to the 4/3 system.

    http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/con...id=7-6465-7714

    I wonder will they use Leica lens ? hehe.
    Had the chance to speak to some Panasonic execs in Tokyo recently. The project is in the "exchange of engineers" with Oly phase and expected availability if 1Q of 2006. Was also told that the Leica lens was co-developed and is also being produced by Matsushita in Japan. Looks like they could break away from Leica if they want.

  18. #18
    ClubSNAP Idol Adam Goi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    5,682

    Default

    Saw the news too! It's one piece of great news for all the consumers!

  19. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Goi
    Saw the news too! It's one piece of great news for all the consumers!
    WOW! Idol Goi is here!


  20. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JimDavis
    WOW! Idol Goi is here!
    Haha...

    Adam!!! Wo Men Yong Yuen Zi Chi Ni!!!!


Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •