Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 46

Thread: Replacement mouse feet.

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Cons digger.
    Posts
    3,924

    Default Replacement mouse feet.

    Hello everyone!

    Anyone knows where to get replacement for the pads under the mouse? Mine's quite worn out and makes moving the mouse very hard with the additional friction.

    Something like this.

    Anyone got any idea?
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    South Pole with Penguin
    Posts
    5,270

    Default

    go sim lim tower buy a roll of teflon tape

    cheap and can last you for a life time, u can change it every week

    price used to be $10++

    but now more expensive due to higher demand
    We are HDD of PC & FT are MB add to storage;
    so PC never hangs with enormous storage capacity - LKY

  3. #3

    Default

    The tape is apply to entire mouse surface or just the four corners? Can roughly say which shops(ie which floor) in sim lim tower sells it?

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    South Pole with Penguin
    Posts
    5,270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Helbreath
    The tape is apply to entire mouse surface or just the four corners? Can roughly say which shops(ie which floor) in sim lim tower sells it?
    just cut a small piece that is big enough to cover the 4 little feet


    5 years back i used to pay $18 to get a small strip of mouseskatez from USA
    http://www.mouseskatez.com

    then later found out that you can buy 1 whole roll from sim lim tower at less than that amount

    try the shop at 3rd floor which is directly in front of the esculator when you go up

    http://www.mouseskatez.com/instructions.htm
    Last edited by Wai; 31st March 2005 at 09:47 PM.
    We are HDD of PC & FT are MB add to storage;
    so PC never hangs with enormous storage capacity - LKY

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Cons digger.
    Posts
    3,924

    Default

    sim lim tower? i regular there but never see before lei! which shop? the escalator up direction changes everymonth. but never mind.. only 2 shops to try anyway.
    Last edited by yanyewkay; 31st March 2005 at 09:52 PM.
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Bedok
    Posts
    716

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay
    sim lim tower? i regular there but never see before lei! which shop? the escalator up direction changes everymonth. but never mind.. only 2 shops to try anyway.

    The shop is Kaichin. The escalator going to the 3rd storey hasn't changed it directions since I started going to SLT 5+ years back.

    The brand of tape is Nitto Denko. It's in a yellow box.
    Do buy the tape that's 10mm wide or so.
    The roll I bought (see picture) is the wider type which costs $20+. I bought it because the former wasn't in stock at the time (about 4 years back).


  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Cons digger.
    Posts
    3,924

    Default

    hahah it does change directions every month. and they play the same oldies over the PA system everyday on infinite repeats I used to work there for several months quite sometime ago.

    kaichin is the one with the fish (marlin) as the logo right?

    buying a roll is kinda overkill for me since I only need like.. a bit...
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Bedok
    Posts
    716

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay
    hahah it does change directions every month. and they play the same oldies over the PA system everyday on infinite repeats I used to work there for several months quite sometime ago.

    kaichin is the one with the fish (marlin) as the logo right?

    buying a roll is kinda overkill for me since I only need like.. a bit...
    Funny.. I've not experienced the escalator changing directions. Maybe it's because the escalators are always in the same direction when I go there.. LOL..

    Where do ya live? I can spare you some if you live in the east and can come down to my place.. LOL.. As you can see, I've not used the tape much in 4 years... Maybe it's because I change mice too often..
    The only mouse I've always gone back to using is my Mouseman ball mouse which has since conked out. The other mouse I'd really love to buy but can't is the Razor Boomslang 2000. Out of production since 3 years back...
    Really regret not buying it when it was available locally despite it's hefty price-tag of $200+.

  9. #9
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default

    Anybody wana share? Hehe I got a lot of mouse feet to replace.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    South Pole with Penguin
    Posts
    5,270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Firefox
    The shop is Kaichin. The escalator going to the 3rd storey hasn't changed it directions since I started going to SLT 5+ years back.

    The brand of tape is Nitto Denko. It's in a yellow box.
    Do buy the tape that's 10mm wide or so.
    The roll I bought (see picture) is the wider type which costs $20+. I bought it because the former wasn't in stock at the time (about 4 years back).

    yup..that's the one

    the wide one so expensive? i remember it was $13 or so...then later increase to $16...$18... as more pple buy...

    may be can try MO from oversea?
    We are HDD of PC & FT are MB add to storage;
    so PC never hangs with enormous storage capacity - LKY

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Bedok
    Posts
    716

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wai
    yup..that's the one

    the wide one so expensive? i remember it was $13 or so...then later increase to $16...$18... as more pple buy...

    may be can try MO from oversea?
    You were in Hardwarezone around the same era as I was.. You should know the mentality there.. When I got around to buying the tape, almost every piece was wiped out and the price inflated till hell freezes over. Only left with 2 of the wide tapes. One of which you can see in the picture..

    Your avatar hasn't changed much since HWZ days.. LOL..

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    South Pole with Penguin
    Posts
    5,270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Firefox
    Your avatar hasn't changed much since HWZ days.. LOL..


    i was around since 1998, but this avatar only come out when i got my first L lenses a few years back

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Cons digger.
    Posts
    3,924

    Default

    wai: MO? 1 roll can hardly finish 10% of it.. how many mouse feet you want to replace? Maybe can ask the whole block who wants to replace mouse feet. you have any left a not? tomorrow bring for me lei

    firefox: traveling in singapore is never a problem for me maybe i just buy over the whole remaing roll from you
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Bedok
    Posts
    716

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wai


    i was around since 1998, but this avatar only come out when i got my first L lenses a few years back
    Yea... Was around during that era as well.. Heh.. Stopped going there just before they started that membership crap..

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    South Pole with Penguin
    Posts
    5,270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay
    wai: MO? 1 roll can hardly finish 10% of it.. how many mouse feet you want to replace? Maybe can ask the whole block who wants to replace mouse feet. you have any left a not? tomorrow bring for me lei
    lost mine liao....

    quick go and get a roll tomolo morning...otherwise the stock will run out when more CSer knows about it...usually they dont keep much in stock and the price is going to go up as more pple want to buy

    I will bring all the mice that i have and show you how to apply the tape to their feet
    We are HDD of PC & FT are MB add to storage;
    so PC never hangs with enormous storage capacity - LKY

  16. #16
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default

    Tml I go buy LOL!!

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default

    wah lao, u all damn wasteful leh, use the high end tape to tape the mouse, this tape is use for sealing machine 1, btw if u guys wanna do MO, i got the contacts...

    btw the inner layer is actually not good for the skin, its glass cloth, just for your info, and y it doesn't stick well is because the adhesive is able to withstand 180-220degreeC of heat... (told by nitto denko's guy in japan)

    anyway, the stock i have is special cut 1, so can't sell u guys, hence not for sale...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Cons digger.
    Posts
    3,924

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by espn
    Tml I go buy LOL!!
    espn buying ah?
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

  19. #19
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default

    I need to replace those on my 2 year old logitec which I use in office.

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default

    u guys wan i can cut abit lah, mine is special cut width 22 or 25mm i forget liao, i can get in 1 big roll 1meter width 1... hehe... super ex lor...

    btw the adhesive super cannot make it... once u pull & paste back, not sticky liao...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •