Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is it fair?

Quote Originally Posted by ellery
    err you seemed to have missed the main point - the photog should have no rights on the photos unless he was not paid - if he was paid then as a paid for hire shooter the copyrights belong to the bra site owner. the photog and the bra site owner should be related under a shooter/client relationship.

Get the images from her - if she does not have them ask her to get them from the photog. But looking at the pictures if wonder if they are worth the effort - you gals have good assets but I feel it could have been done better. grin if you need better pictures I am sure there are many who would volunteer to shoot.
    Is it???? I think my client didnt know anything as well!! She also another blur lady....

I asked her to try to get back all the photos which feature all her products but she said the photographers only let her have what he had choosen...

is that suppose to be like that?

Is the photographer allow to keep the other photos even without letting the client see the rest?

Quote Originally Posted by poisonlady
    I think I took it granted that every photographers are as nice as u guys in clubsnap as I got back all my photos when i did private shoots with u people....
    hope u learnt your "lesson". never assume or take anything for granted...
    everything must be in black n white...

as for the worth ($200) of the photographs.... it is really up to individual... n i dun think u will get many ppl in a photo website to agree with you that $200 is ex.

yeah... i agree that $200 for 20 photos in a CD is daylight robbery... i said this is becos i do not shoot part-time or shoot photos for a living....

I dun mind paying for a fee but i think (not too sure) he is also using our photos (he did took some casual shots of us with this shoot) for his makeover promotion at his shop....
    I just have a relook at your first posting again and notice the above. If the photographer did not have another contract sign with you to use your images for his make-over promotion at his shop he do not have the right to publicly display your images in his shop front for commerical gain. It's a thin fine line between using your images in his portfolio file/book and in his shop.
    Unless otherwise stated in the contract between the photographer and the client, his copyrights is for personnal/portfolio promotion ie: in his portfolio file/book, or 1 or 2 hanging in his studio for display purpose only. If he is using it in his shop to activelly and publicly promote his service than it is considered a commercial promotion and not a personnal promotion. Let the photographer know that you expect to be paid to have your images use for his commercial promotion and this time RTFC and include a copy of the images in CD in the contract.

Anyway, by looking at the website it seems like only the last 5 images are of you and Jolin. The shots are not that great and it's not really worth it to keep it in your portfolio. I've build portfolio for models as well as sit in as a photographer during aduition with my clients. If the "look" of your images is not good/profrssional enough it will reflect on you and that is how the client will feel about you.
    Hope this helps.

I am not interested in getting the photos already since there are negative comments about his skills...I also have very high expectations of what to be kept in my portfolio...

Some of the photos i had are just for memory keepsake and for my readers viewing pleasure....

I do agree that I can get more better, quality,nicer photos for "tfp" with some of the photographers here...

And I do understand the high charges because he is doing photography for a living.......

But I feel "buey gam wan"....he seems to be "robbing" us when we show interest to get back all of our photos....u get what i mean?

I asked her to try to get back all the photos which feature all her products but she said the photographers only let her have what he had choosen...

Is the photographer allow to keep the other photos even without letting the client see the rest?
    Yes. Again it depand on what was agreeded between the photographer and the client ie: the contract, again.
    In a fashion shoot we can shoot as much as 10 to 30 shots for 1 outfit and the photographer need to do some form of editing ie: minor touch up, colour adjustment, etc. he/she can't possible do editing for all the shots as this will eat into his/her time and someone have to pay for his/her time.
    Some photographers, in order to stay within the budget, will do their own selection and give the client a few shot for each outfit. For me, I usually let the client do the selection on the spot ( a few shots for each outfit only )and those are the ones I'll do editing and give to them. If they want all the images than it will be on a case by case basis and it will be unedited unless they pay me to edit all the shots. Again, it all depands on what is stated on the contract, so the best thing to do is to RTFC!!!

PS: I know you're going to ask " what is RTFC ". RTFC = READ THE FREAKING CONTRACT

Ok lah, I use to pay someone $5k for product shot to own the images. You see, with the images, the photographer can resell this work for more money, enter competition to win prize, submit to publication etc. By giving you the images, you can do the same. It will mostly mean they are non exclusive to him. His bad skill is another thing separately.

There are many CSers that can do better and dun mind doing for the sake of fun for u I think.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by whoelse
    Ok lah, I use to pay someone $5k for product shot to own the images. You see, with the images, the photographer can resell this work for more money, enter competition to win prize, submit to publication etc. By giving you the images, you can do the same. It will mostly mean they are non exclusive to him. His bad skill is another thing separately.

There are many CSers that can do better and dun mind doing for the sake of fun for u I think.
    do not expect other photographers to be like 'many CSers that can do better and dun mind doing for the sake of fun for u'. that line of expectations would inevitably lead to disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003
    do not expect other photographers to be like 'many CSers that can do better and dun mind doing for the sake of fun for u'. that line of expectations would inevitably lead to disappointment.

Moral of the story is simple.

Next time, i guess just organise a shoot for CS only. 6 photographers, sure got keepers, and you get paid handsomely for getting touched-up soft copies even. I think you can even choose your photographers even (ask for portfolio....many are extremely happy to give).

Seriously, the all the pics (esp yours) in that website is doing a BIG disservice for you all... Spoilt the whole image...

Either the photographer or the web designer is ignorant or maybe "gong" enough to feel that distorted pics are fine for viewing pleasure...

Default hey

i knw the owner of the boss.... n tell u smthing, they are reali too much.

they also nearly conned my frend to do the shooting leh, luckily i stop my frend. But dear, treat its as a bas experience lar,

NO pain No gain.......

so watever u wana do, think carefuly cos u r still a gal afterall.

I think I took it granted that every photographers are as nice as u guys in clubsnap as I got back all my photos when i did private shoots with u people....
    We are nice guys in CS although I never shoot you before.

My dear, to put one of those photos in your portfolio is a bad idea. Always aim to put the best of the best photos in your portfolio.
    I'm not saying that your modelling was not good-it was pleasant, in fact-but the work does not do you justice. Putting those photos in your portfolio will only turn clients off... bcos of the bad photography as stated so many times by others... and esp since you're not intending to do any lingerie shoots.

"Photographer or artist: If a photographer is engaged to take photograph of a person or an artist is engaged to draw a portrait of a person, that person owns the copyright and has the right to restrain the photographer or artist from using the photograph or painting for any purpose that he has not agreed to."

from http://www.ipos.gov.sg/main/aboutip/...ipnrights.html

A model release form releases you from ALL rights. Your rights may also be stated in the contract when you accepted the job.

Also, you are contracted to shoot for brashoppe catalogue only.... unless they state makeover as well, they couldn't use it.

Is it???? I think my client didnt know anything as well!! She also another blur lady....

well no one shoot 100% keepers so it is always needed to edit out dead soldiers. Unless the photog is keeping the cream for himself.

I guess you are very new to the industry. Amateurs are generally less hard bitten than those of us in the professional realm.

As Ellery and others have rightly pointed out, the copyright is not owned by the photographer, but by the Bra Shop owner. She is the one to see in regards to obtaining shots and permission to use them in your portfolio.

Frankly I can't see what your complaining about, as a model it is your job to know what your statutory rights or lack of rights are and to negotiate or have the agency who represents you negotiate suitable working conditions and terms of payment. You entered the situation and frankly $200 for a CD with 20 images on it is dirt cheap by international standards.

About the only thing you can do at this point is approach the Bra Shop owner and have her exercise her copyright rights and demand from the photographer the CD's for nothing. He can't legally resell them to you unless he has her written permission anyway as verbal contracts don't hold much water in copyright issues.
    The Ang Moh from Hell
    Professional Photography - many are called, few are chosen!

Quote Originally Posted by rainman
    I had seen some of ur posts..I must say I really admire ur courage of posting ur own lingerie pics online...esp in this kind of forum where we have >10000 members which is dominated by the male species.

I had heard that some of the professional models even requested the photographers not to post their pics, unless with their approval.

Not many gers would like to publicize themselve in this way, aren't they? Do u agree?

I supposed u r unique then.
    Jim Bean girl mah...

Quote Originally Posted by Witness
    act....copyright should belong to client... and if stated...he should only use for his company wat....

how can the photog sell it?

anyway... never see the paper u sign...how to tell...u got a copy of it??

if not..juz forget it lo....

cheers..
    rights not definitely belongs to clients.
    clients may chose to buy a run of several months,
    k of copies and whatever combo there r.

i hv clients who r not willing to pay full,
    so go for number of copies based on
    whatever media they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Venom81
    We are nice guys in CS although I never shoot you before.
    think i don't belong to this league,
    the moment i reach the site,
    start surfing thru the collection.
    thou i don't use n not buying any of the product.
    bad boy, BAD BAD BOY, me.

what distortion, what armpit, what.....?

all i seee is a joy forever.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123