Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dust problems for E-300?

Default dust problems for E-300?

Hipeople,

just wondering how effective is the dust cleaning system in the E-300?

Any users of E-300 for more than 2 months care to comment? did anyone sent the E-300 for cleaning yet? I want to get the D70 but I read that they have to clean the D70 often and the service center is in Redhill....

Quote Originally Posted by wind30
    Hipeople,

Any users of E-300 for more than 2 months care to comment? did anyone sent the E-300 for cleaning yet? I want to get the D70 but I read that they have to clean the D70 often and the service center is in Redhill....
    let me put it this way, saying that the E-300's supersonic dust removal system is effective is an UNDERSTATEMENT. enough said.

wah so useful?

Sorry, I am a newbie to DSLR. Then do E-300 owners need to send the camera for other kinds of servicing on a regular basis, like something else gets dirty. It is a huge plus point if I don't have to go down to service center regularly to maintain my camera.

Read a lot of threads on the Canon/Nikon forums about cleaning trips until some of them gave up and just lived with it as a compromise.

Hello Wind30,

I have my E1 for close to a year and a half, and have confidently changed lenses in the rush of friends' wedding without fearing dust. The SuperSonicWaveFilter really works.

You may wish to know that sticky tape that lines around the mirror box is used to pick up particles vibrated off the sensor. This needs to be replaced around 3 years or so by Oly Service, else zippo maintenance.

BTW: The sensible dust filter works in all camera orientations & each time when the camera is powered on to ensure subsequent photos are dust free.

There's really less to worry for potential dust when shooting. After shooting, there's one less maintenance chore to dust off (potential or otherwise). The mid range digital zuiko's are sealed against dust & drips, so there's even less of a worry for dust intrusion & less work for the dust filter.

Cheers,

not sure about how effective since i only got the system for about 2 weeks ago but i change lens while on the move.

Hi,

I changed lenses in dusty situations, no complaints yet. I feel the dust filter works well until the tape runs out of the sticky glue which grabs the dust.

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by wind30
    Hipeople,

The E-300's supersonic dust removal system is one of the reason why i decided to buy this camara. My working environment (sometime cutting woods products) can get very dusty. A normal dusting off for the E-300 exterior is a must for me almost daily.

Beside using the E-300 to take pictures of my newborn son, i some time use the camara to take pictures of machines in operation. So far, i have yet to have the needs to send the camara in for cleaning after two months of having it.

Been using the E-1 for about 18 mths now and no dust problems to date.

dust? what dust?

Toking abt this, may I noe where is the sticky tape???

Quote Originally Posted by hammer_400
    dust? what dust?
    good one!

Quote Originally Posted by Merciless_Knight
    Toking abt this, may I noe where is the sticky tape???

Its just below the SSWF

Hi Wind30,

Dust cleaning on my E-1 works! Was in Cambodia during dry season and there was red dust everywhere. During my stay in Cambodia my pee was redish in color, the inside of my nose, ears..... If it got into my body it definitely got into my camera. I changed lens quite often too (14-54 and 50-200).Every nite I cleaned the lens and camera bodies (digital and film). My bag was red when I returned home. BUT.....my photos are clean and so is the sensor.

The choice is clear!

Quote Originally Posted by ecc35
    Hi Wind30,

Dust cleaning on my E-1 works! Was in Cambodia during dry season and there was red dust everywhere. During my stay in Cambodia my pee was redish in color, the inside of my nose, ears..... If it got into my body it definitely got into my camera. I changed lens quite often too (14-54 and 50-200).Every nite I cleaned the lens and camera bodies (digital and film). My bag was red when I returned home. BUT.....my photos are clean and so is the sensor.

The choice is clear!
    Hello Ecc35,

That is a sound testament of an often overlooked requirement in DSLR design which was incorporated ground up from day one for the E-System.

You didn't come back getting confused for using a red-spotted Leica or shooting IR with a red-filtered lens did you :-)

Hope to see your trip photos soon, thanks for sharing your field experiences.

Cheers,

Thumbs up

Hello Ecc35,

That is a sound testament of an often overlooked requirement in DSLR design which was incorporated ground up from day one for the E-System.

Yap. A friend asked me to recommend a budget DSLR and I told him to get E300 cause it has sensor cleaning built in.

You didn't come back getting confused for using a red-spotted Leica or shooting IR with a red-filtered lens did you :-)

My OM is too cheap to look like a Leica.

I am lazy by nature, but since you ask for it I'll try to put up some.

Cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by ecc35
    Hello Ecc35,

Yap. A friend asked me to recommend a budget DSLR and I told him to get E300 cause it has sensor cleaning built in.

My OM is too cheap to look like a Leica.

I am lazy by nature, but since you ask for it I'll try to put up some.

Cheers,
    Hello Ecc35,

I'm inclined to believe that one who takes pain to dust off his cameras daily abroad isn't lazy; not in an analog way at least :-)

Cambodia, red dust ... hmmm, interesting images to come.

Cheers,

Here we go

E-1 14-54

OM-1 24

e-1 14-54

OM-1 24

OM-1 24

some more

E-1 14-54

E-1 14-54

E-1 14-54

E-1 50-200