Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 39

Thread: Uncle, why like that?

  1. #1

  2. #2

    Default Re: Uncle, why like that?

    1 to 1 lar, you chao ah gua !!!!
    Last edited by ninelives; 19th March 2013 at 06:54 PM.
    Objection !!!

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,195

    Default Re: Uncle, why like that?

    whack those perverts! Can't he watch porn at home?

    The other day saw a fat guy trying to snap a photo of a lady in short mini sneakily. Good thing that the lady discovered and walked away.

    There are really too many weird fellow around.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    sing
    Posts
    3,353

    Default Re: Uncle, why like that?

    No.

    This is not about porno.

    This depression driven anti-social behavior is quite common.

    The guy was trying to purposely offend others, he is crying out his frustration at being down and out, he is actively seeking attention.

    Other similar psychos would:

    • purposely put their bare feet on the bus or MRT seats.
    • listen to recorded songs on their phone speaker with the volume turned very loud, on public transport.

  5. #5
    Senior Member edutilos-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The Universe
    Posts
    5,991

    Default Re: Uncle, why like that?

    Actually how does anyone tell if he watch porn on MRT.. The start of video is already showing the aftermath of the supposed story in the post.

    From all that I can see, the fight could have started for any number of reasons. Could be he dig pisai and flick at the wife, could be that his face not pleasing for the uncles, could be that he was beating a cat..

  6. #6

    Default Re: Uncle, why like that?

    Quote Originally Posted by edutilos- View Post
    could be that he was beating a cat..
    don't beat the cats!
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

  7. #7

    Default Re: Uncle, why like that?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shizuma View Post
    don't beat the cats!
    kill the penguin?
    Objection !!!

  8. #8
    Member chillicutter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Telok Blangah
    Posts
    727

    Default Re: Uncle, why like that?

    He think he very "Sat" by doing this I guess...

  9. #9
    Moderator diver-hloc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Somewhere North
    Posts
    5,201

    Default Re: Uncle, why like that?

    Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    No.

    This is not about porno.

    This depression driven anti-social behavior is quite common.

    The guy was trying to purposely offend others, he is crying out his frustration at being down and out, he is actively seeking attention.

    Other similar psychos would:

    • purposely put their bare feet on the bus or MRT seats.
    • listen to recorded songs on their phone speaker with the volume turned very loud, on public transport.

    1st off... where is it said, that the 'Uncle' is down and/or out ??

    And thank God we don't allow private ownerships of firearms... because if he CAN'T 'get attention' from watching Porn in public transportation... next would be shooting people in public...

    As far as I'm concern... "Being Down And Out" is NO EXCUSE for Anti-Social Behavior.... its a slippery slope for our society when we accept Anti-Social Behavior as norm for people who claim he/she is down or out... what next ?? Passing bodily waste inside the trains and buses because I can't find a well pay job or is p*ss off with the Authority/Govt/Boss ??
    Last edited by diver-hloc; 20th March 2013 at 12:22 PM. Reason: Typo

    Scuba & Father... For Life

  10. #10
    Member 9V-Orion Images's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Autenticate ALGRN @ 7987.8270
    Posts
    1,760

    Default Re: Uncle, why like that?

    "simi gao liao? Khatib gao, amk gao, ah si sembawang gao? Kopi gao ah si teh gao?
    AHAHAHAHAHA!
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

  11. #11
    Moderator rhino123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    NA
    Posts
    5,247

    Default Re: Uncle, why like that?

    I think it is not about watching porn in this case... the video that was attached show nothing of that sort. It is just men vending their frustration on another one for whatever reason. I do understand that some people (be it uncle or youngsters) that can be pretty irritating nowadays, reading their stupid mobile phone when walking at a snail pace and blocking everyone who try to get from one place to another quickly, turning on their phone volume full blast when watching a movie or listening to music without earphone, having 'lousy' earphone and everyone can practically hear the music coming out of their damned phone, etc etc.

    But that doesn't give the right to anyone to start swinging their fists at another. I am hoping our society are not going that way... whereby people when frustrated or angered started killing each other.
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

  12. #12

    Default Re: Uncle, why like that?

    i remember an incident where a friend of my was explaining to us proudly how she got her husband and his friends to beat up an innocent man "just because he gave her the creeps".

    the guy just sat next to her, and as luck would have it, gave her a shock when he moved suddenly when the husband drove up to the bus stop. the woman didn't bother to get the husband to stop, and even told us "serves him right".

    my goodness. this wasn't venting frustration. it was a sadistic move on her part.

  13. #13
    Senior Member edutilos-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The Universe
    Posts
    5,991

    Default Re: Uncle, why like that?

    Quote Originally Posted by rhino123 View Post
    I think it is not about watching porn in this case... the video that was attached show nothing of that sort. It is just men vending their frustration on another one for whatever reason. I do understand that some people (be it uncle or youngsters) that can be pretty irritating nowadays, reading their stupid mobile phone when walking at a snail pace and blocking everyone who try to get from one place to another quickly, turning on their phone volume full blast when watching a movie or listening to music without earphone, having 'lousy' earphone and everyone can practically hear the music coming out of their damned phone, etc etc.

    But that doesn't give the right to anyone to start swinging their fists at another. I am hoping our society are not going that way... whereby people when frustrated or angered started killing each other.
    I thought the whole STOMP post and the response to the post/Youtube video is another disturbing sign of how society is going.

    I don't think anyone really bothered to point out that there was any evidence that there was porn watching. But because the STOMP post said so, the comments there responded accordingly. The Youtube video itself doesn't state that there was porn-watching. And then because of the STOMP post, there are people commenting on the Youtube video saying that the guy watched porn first, so it's his fault.

    If anyone knows if there is any preceding video it would be great if you could share the link. Noted that the video and STOMP post were actually from Jan 2013 so they are pretty dated.

    If there is no such thing, then wow, I can videotape all sorts of things, like A whack B. Reality: B sneezed on A. But C who is A's friend, posted up the video and claimed that B actually was howling into A's ear for 2 days before the whacking started. The response for both by anyone reading would be very different. And the fact that no one questions what happened BEFORE what is shown, and just happily fires their response quickly... Is disturbing.

    Of course, your point that no one should be resorting to violence is also well-taken.

  14. #14
    Moderator rhino123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    NA
    Posts
    5,247

    Default Re: Uncle, why like that?

    Quote Originally Posted by edutilos- View Post
    I thought the whole STOMP post and the response to the post/Youtube video is another disturbing sign of how society is going.

    I don't think anyone really bothered to point out that there was any evidence that there was porn watching. But because the STOMP post said so, the comments there responded accordingly. The Youtube video itself doesn't state that there was porn-watching. And then because of the STOMP post, there are people commenting on the Youtube video saying that the guy watched porn first, so it's his fault.

    If anyone knows if there is any preceding video it would be great if you could share the link. Noted that the video and STOMP post were actually from Jan 2013 so they are pretty dated.

    If there is no such thing, then wow, I can videotape all sorts of things, like A whack B. Reality: B sneezed on A. But C who is A's friend, posted up the video and claimed that B actually was howling into A's ear for 2 days before the whacking started. The response for both by anyone reading would be very different. And the fact that no one questions what happened BEFORE what is shown, and just happily fires their response quickly... Is disturbing.

    Of course, your point that no one should be resorting to violence is also well-taken.
    Actually... that is exactly my point. I mentioned that the video attached show nothing of the sort like watching porn and stuff like that.

    It is also true that people nowadays are less conscious of their surrounding... so deeply enclosed in their own world that their failed to actually take any care of other peoples around them... you can call this irresponsibility or selfishness or whatsoever... but none can actually deny the fact that as we became more efficient with our work... our society are also changing to become colder and frustration built up within oneself, however... as I mentioned, there is no need to swing fists at each other.

    When I was reading the news, I am actually not concern whether that uncle was actually watching porn, or listening to orchestra, or talking loudly in his phone, or whatever, I am more concern in... he was being attacked by a group of men just because he was doing something that frustrate the group of men and a woman... and that is really disturbing... It would also spelled that one fine day when I was walking on the street, did something stupid... like pulling out my camera and take a candid shot of the street... then all of a sudden a group of men approached me and knock me upside down because I frustrated them with my street shooting.
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

  15. #15
    Senior Member UncleFai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rhino123

    Actually... that is exactly my point. I mentioned that the video attached show nothing of the sort like watching porn and stuff like that.
    I thought I heard in the video one uncle saying "watch blue film so what, none of your business" or something to that effect.

  16. #16
    Moderator rhino123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    NA
    Posts
    5,247

    Default Re: Uncle, why like that?

    Quote Originally Posted by UncleFai View Post
    I thought I heard in the video one uncle saying "watch blue film so what, none of your business" or something to that effect.
    Got har? Sorry... don't really understand hokkien... Going to watch again in the afternoon.
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

  17. #17
    Senior Member UncleFai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,429

    Default Re: Uncle, why like that?

    Quote Originally Posted by rhino123 View Post
    Got har? Sorry... don't really understand hokkien... Going to watch again in the afternoon.
    Around 1:19 in the video. It seems that the guy calling the police is the one watching the "blue film" while the aggressive one is not.
    Last edited by UncleFai; 21st March 2013 at 10:15 AM.

  18. #18
    Senior Member edutilos-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The Universe
    Posts
    5,991

    Default Re: Uncle, why like that?

    Quote Originally Posted by UncleFai View Post
    I thought I heard in the video one uncle saying "watch blue film so what, none of your business" or something to that effect.
    The aggressive group said something that could sound like "watch blue film boh salah la" (translation: you mean watching blue film is not wrong?), but frankly speaking, it could have been anything else...?

  19. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,113

    Default Re: Uncle, why like that?

    Exclusive only to STOMP Singapore.

  20. #20

    Default

    Seems like Singaporean Society is regressing to times when the bigger group of fists win, not the ones with the brains

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •