Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FX7 and LZ2 Pricing

Brought a LZ2 last Friday for $500/- incl GST from MS Color. Didn't get the SD card from them, theirs low speed (< 10x) & @ $70/-. Got a 60x Kingston SD card during the PC show from EastGear at $71/-. Believe can get at the same price or better now from EastGear.

LZ2 - LCD NG, see rainbow color. Hope to see firmware patch for this. Other than this, so far so good.

Quote Originally Posted by hamttam
    hm yah have been looking around the threads.

i think i'll just get a 512mb SD 60x and sanyo charger and 2500batts from whereever. mass order closed.

snowy where u buy ur lz2 from? hows the camera?
    Hamttam, Get the SD card (Kingston 60x 512MB) and Sanyo 2500mAh batt / charger from EastGear. I think they are one of the better price guy around for these items.

Quote Originally Posted by rvxing
    Brought a LZ2 last Friday for $500/- incl GST from MS Color. Didn't get the SD card from them, theirs low speed (< 10x) & @ $70/-. Got a 60x Kingston SD card during the PC show from EastGear at $71/-. Believe can get at the same price or better now from EastGear.

LZ2 - LCD NG, see rainbow color. Hope to see firmware patch for this. Other than this, so far so good.

LZ2 LCD also has rainbow colour? When does it happen? The FZ20 also have this but it only happens when you take pictures with alot of grids, like wire meshes etc. But when you zoom in on the LCD then it will disappear.

Quote Originally Posted by Josephteo548
    LZ2 LCD also has rainbow colour? When does it happen? The FZ20 also have this but it only happens when you take pictures with alot of grids, like wire meshes etc. But when you zoom in on the LCD then it will disappear.
    Easiest to see is to take a picture of the TV program, circluar rainbow. Normal pic also see them but @ a lower level. Yes, see rainbow @ 1x, when zoom it is gone. Never see this problem with my Nikon D70 or Olympus 5050.

so hows' pic quality? hows' the camera look and feel?

post somepics of it,curious to know ;P

thanks for the advice guys! i thought i'd buy them from mscolour but u all save me some cash. hmm ok just went to see the eastgear website. do they like have a store somewhere or are they are online only? cannot find shipping rates also

maybe should wait it out till the next IT fair then buy the charger (freakin $49 !!!!) and SD card

sdcard and charger - $118
    camera - $500

er... storage and batt is already 1 fifth of camera price wth.

that's because the cam is cheap pretty good pricing for both the FX7 and LZ2. Panasonic is making a strong push into the digicam arena

anyone knows what is the size of the CCD used in the LZ2?

1/2.5 inch according to http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/spec...nic_dmclz2.asp

It's the same size as FX7's.

thanks for the advice guys! i thought i'd buy them from mscolour but u all save me some cash. hmm ok just went to see the eastgear website. do they like have a store somewhere or are they are online only? cannot find shipping rates also

maybe should wait it out till the next IT fair then buy the charger (freakin $49 !!!!) and SD card

sdcard and charger - $118
    camera - $500

er... storage and batt is already 1 fifth of camera price wth.
    EastGear is located at 2nd level in Peninsula Plaza (near City Hall MRT). Take escalator near Coleman St side up to 2nd level, turn right and walk to the end.

I remember they sell the Sanyo AA 2500 mAh battery without charger for $19/- (4 pcs). They will sell at the price as in IT show.

Thanks, I totally forgot about that point. This definitely would be filed under the "very bad" section.

When you take a flash picture, it takes ~3 seconds to take another picture. During that time, the LCD blacks out. My g/f REALLY disliked this, since her primary use for this camera was for indoor social events.

I tried a few other random cameras at a camera store at flash-recharge speeds, and they all were significantly faster.

This is especially annoying, especially because the shot-shot time is VERY fast when you don't use the flash.
    michael wrote:
    > Michael wrote:
    > I had one for 3 days and sent it back for many of the same reasons.
    > All the things you say are true, but the most aggravating thing to
    > me was the LCD staying blank while the flash recharges. I thought
    > the camera was defective, but I found this action described in the
    > owners' manual.
    > Close, but no cigar. Try again Panasonic.
    read this at dpreview... kinda putting me off the camera leh.. what more non leica

starting to consider the sony swivel thinggy f88

read this at dpreview... kinda putting me off the camera leh.. what more non leica

starting to consider the sony swivel thinggy f88
    Every model has pros and cons. Guess that's the cons that put consumer off!.

Exclamation

another thread on LZ2

was mentioned that something like the iso 80 is crappy, based on the pictures taken. sample photos

anybody care to comment/verify? really confused now... also wondering if there are places to buy discontinued cameras

another thread on LZ2

was mentioned that something like the iso 80 is crappy, based on the pictures taken. sample photos

anybody care to comment/verify? really confused now... also wondering if there are places to buy discontinued cameras
    Taking picture needs skill, some can use disposable to get great pictures, others even given a Pro camera will produce ****.

If a comment comes from a Sotong, forget about it. Some sotong can ask question like "Where is ANY key on the keyboard", what would u expect comment from them. Should read those from at least a hobbist or someone more objective. Maybe you should wait for DP review.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12