Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Gonna buy a used D70, what to take note when trading?

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NTU
    Posts
    1,906

    Default Gonna buy a used D70, what to take note when trading?

    Going to buy a 2nd hand DSLR Nikon D70 Kit from a friend in the forum. It's said to be 8 mths old and only 114 shutter count.

    May I know what should i take note of other than checking the dead pixel on CCD, LCD, accessories and warranty card? I will be carrying my laptop down to check the shutter count.

    And also, how to check the body and lens condition?

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Spore
    Posts
    617

    Default

    wah 8mths old only 114 shuttle count

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NTU
    Posts
    1,906

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cast123
    wah 8mths old only 114 shuttle count
    yah i'm gonna check on that =)

  4. #4

    Default

    take it for test shots? see if it dies after awhile..like mine did...took me a month to get it repaired.....initially took a long time to start up...the CF card lamp kept blinking like crazy....then it wouldn't start at all...so yeah...

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Punggol 21
    Posts
    389

    Default

    Do a search in the Nikon sub-forum for the exif reader software ("Opxxx" something), free download, that displays the ACTUAL shutter count, even if the counter number is being reset.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GriGri
    Going to buy a 2nd hand DSLR Nikon D70 Kit from a friend in the forum. It's said to be 8 mths old and only 114 shutter count.

    May I know what should i take note of other than checking the dead pixel on CCD, LCD, accessories and warranty card? I will be carrying my laptop down to check the shutter count.

    And also, how to check the body and lens condition?

    Thanks.
    not bad, at least 4 months warranty left for peace of mind. just double check the shutter count using the opanda exif viewer.

  7. #7

    Default

    new here, wad is a shutter count, y we need to check for shutter count?

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zhuangyan
    new here, wad is a shutter count, y we need to check for shutter count?

    shutter count is the number which shows the amount of shots you have taken using the specific digital camera lor. the shutter count is like ur camera's life count. the more u shoot, the more the sensor gets worn down... something like ur eraser lor. the more u erase, the faster u finish ur eraser... understand?

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GriGri
    Going to buy a 2nd hand DSLR Nikon D70 Kit from a friend in the forum. It's said to be 8 mths old and only 114 shutter count.

    May I know what should i take note of other than checking the dead pixel on CCD, LCD, accessories and warranty card? I will be carrying my laptop down to check the shutter count.

    And also, how to check the body and lens condition?

    Thanks.
    better to get an experience guy to go with u lor. if not, other than the above mentioned, since u are taking ur laptop there, play with the settings n take a few shots and load immediately into ur laptop. then check lor.

    and also ask for like 3 days warranty or something lar... safer. remember to check, THoROUGHLY....

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Beeshan
    Posts
    1,830

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GriGri
    Going to buy a 2nd hand DSLR Nikon D70 Kit from a friend in the forum. It's said to be 8 mths old and only 114 shutter count.

    May I know what should i take note of other than checking the dead pixel on CCD, LCD, accessories and warranty card? I will be carrying my laptop down to check the shutter count.

    And also, how to check the body and lens condition?

    Thanks.
    1. check the serial number of lens and receipt tallies

    2. check lens for fungus(look thru light) and dust

    3. set to manual, leave lens cap on, take a pic. if have red dots, u have hot pixels. need to go Nikon SC and remap

    4. shoot a white piece of paper. if have black spots, might be dead pixels(assuming that lens is ok)

    5. scratches on body

    6. zoom ur lens, check the motor is ok.

    7. pop up the flash, make sure its firing ok

    8. test the auto focus of the lens

    9. overall aesthetics of the cam

    10. even if u have any probs, u can bring to nikon to fix since have warranty.


    i hope this helps, not sure if they're accurate. seniors pls help...
    enjoy ur new toy

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jonlou
    shutter count is the number which shows the amount of shots you have taken using the specific digital camera lor. the shutter count is like ur camera's life count. the more u shoot, the more the sensor gets worn down... something like ur eraser lor. the more u erase, the faster u finish ur eraser... understand?
    u mean aftter some years the sensor will spoil and need to send for repair?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •