Thread: Singpost lost my cheque

Default Singpost lost my cheque

Client posted a cheque almost one week ago and till now I have not receive it. There have been cases where the postman wrongly delivered my neighbour's letter to me. So do I ask my client to void the cheque or something? Singpost really cannot be trusted nowadays

Default Re: Singpost lost my cheque

Don't blame Singpost so fast.

"The cheque is in the mail" is a lame fiction by payers (edited) who never sent the cheque and just want to drag payment.
    Last edited by ricohflex; 16th March 2013 at 10:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex

"The cheque is in the mail" is a lame fiction by payees who never sent the cheque and just want to drag payment.
    yes. highly likely.

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post

"The cheque is in the mail" is a lame fiction by payees who never sent the cheque and just want to drag payment.
    u meant payer? im the payee in this case. I do not doubt my client as they have always been prompt on payment. Whereas Singpost lost 1 of my mail and another delivered wrongly to the address one floor above me, both happened last year. My confidence with them is almost zero.
    Last edited by kiama; 16th March 2013 at 01:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    Another possibility is that there could have been an error in the address, either when it was being written/typed by the sender, or when it was being processed/read on Singpost's side. In any case, it sucks.

Maybe next time opt for registered mail for additional peace of mind?

Anyway, if your client used the usual practice of crossing the cheque + A/C Payee Only + cancelled 'or bearer', there's technically nothing anyone else can do to it. If they want to stop payment/void it for peace of mind, note that there may be admin fee incurred.

E.g.

OCBC
    Report via Branch: S$30 per cheque
    Report via Phone Banking/ Online Banking: S$15 per cheque

Quote Originally Posted by kiama View Post
    Client posted a cheque almost one week ago and till now I have not receive it. There have been cases where the postman wrongly delivered my neighbour's letter to me. So do I ask my client to void the cheque or something? Singpost really cannot be trusted nowadays
    Ask your client to use the Internet Banking and transfer the money directly to your account
    Then ask them e-mail you the transaction number for you to verify
    I eats, shoots & leaves

I am presuming the client is in Singapore. In this case, suggest making an exception, go down and collect the cheque from them.

Quote Originally Posted by kiama View Post
    u meant payer? im the payee in this case. I do not doubt my client as they have always been prompt on payment. Whereas Singpost lost 1 of my mail and another delivered wrongly to the address one floor above me, both happened last year. My confidence with them is almost zero.
    Yes. Edited the message.
    The purpose of sending a cheque is so that they do not have to send cash in the mail.
    If you are going directly and personally to their office, if the amount is relatively small, then they can always pay you in cash, in person.
    If they give you many reasons why cannot this, cannot that, etc....you have to wait another few months, then you know Singpost is not the problem in this case.
    Last edited by ricohflex; 16th March 2013 at 10:27 AM.

I have client that send dispatch rider to deliver the cheque to my doorstep just to avoid the late charges.