Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: i cant beleive you guys actually slammed john clang!

Deregistered

Default i cant beleive you guys actually slammed john clang!

i've read thread http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthrea...1&page=1&pp=20
    and got me all red with shame..... john clang took some 8 years of hard work strife and struggle to get where he is!
    and you guys can say his work is mediocre...man! he's shooting in new york, people pay him top dollars to shoot....surely there is something good about that man.

john clang is my hero because he is the humble man's dream!
    he came from humble background and worked his way up..way up.
    not like some rich people here who own expensive cameras but comes out with crap pictures..
    and whats more?...he is color blind! think about all the difficulties he have to fight thru...and his conviction his passion!!!
    he gives me hope that i too can achieve my dreams!

is he the one going to be on some TV programme?
    i keep seeing a gambar on TV about a photographer who is color blind..

Quote Originally Posted by zig
    and whats more?...he is color blind!
    Hehe... maybe it helps since DSLR all see grays....

Jokes aside... yeah...thought that slam/flame thread was a little too much. The man's story is a good one and how many can achieve that level of success. Its easy to say "I could do that too" but it means zilch if its just sayin it versus doin it.

Its like looking at MS-DOS and sayin, "I could do it". But here you are reading clubsnap while at work/school, while Bill Gates is in his fortress, having already done it.

Deregistered

I can't believe there's this thread.

My work is based on my mental visual diary and they sort of work as a filmstrip. When I look at a photograph, I do not critic its ‘prettiness’ or if ‘I can also shoot this’. I don’t try to challenge the artist motive. I try to feel where he or she is coming from. I do not judge images at a surface level. A seemingly simple image or an image that one quickly dissed as ‘a waste of time’ may surface more voice and nuance if one choose to truly listen with his heart. Good work requires attention and sometimes, we miss out by not paying enough attention to subtleties.
    Didn't follow the thread but saw the above reply from John. Very enlightening

Personally i think no one is not slammable. No one really high enough to exclude thmeselves from critisms. I think it helps us to keep in check with reality, if not we'll all be floating around in our own world ya?

Anywae i think using a little of the attitude of what your sign off says, helps too.

is there any truth in the slamming, that would be another matter.

P.S
    I'm not siding with anyone really...

Deregistered

....wait zplus are you passing a sacarstic remark at me? im not sure because its vague.

but i actually am doing it....i bombed my ord/car license money and invested it on a camera of adequate use, and now assisting full time a leading photographer in singapore learning the ropes....so yea i am doing it, just that its my off day.
    cheers

i'm just wondering who the deregistered minoxman is...I'm amazed he actually stuck with the whole 11 pages of posts on that thread

....wait zplus are you passing a sacarstic remark at me? im not sure because its vague.
    Hi zig, don't worry... no sarcarsm intended...
    Just tought it was kinda coincidental since DSLR all meter in gray and not color... so in a sense, the cameras we use are all color blind.

The part about sayin it and doin it is more for those who dishes out criticism carelessly (ie some folks in the link you posted)... its too easy to be a armchair critique.

but i actually am doing it....i bombed my ord/car license money and invested it on a camera of adequate use, and now assisting full time a leading photographer in singapore learning the ropes....so yea i am doing it, just that its my off day.
    cheers
    Yeah, I am totally cool with that. So you kinda misread my post....

Blog Entries

why put down John Clang?
    Everything that was said about his humble beginnings is true.
    He was my classmate and i know his passion for photography.
    2 thumbs up to his making it in NY City.

Pro Image do you know him as well?

went through the whole thread ...... well ... if he's making big bucks in NYC , then I say he's got something we dun have. If there's people putting him down , I would really like to see how he/she does for his photography work.

Quote Originally Posted by poohbear
    went through the whole thread ...... well ... if he's making big bucks in NYC , then I say he's got something we dun have. If there's people putting him down , I would really like to see how he/she does for his photography work.
    u very 'eng' hor

aiya, art is like that one, some like, some don't lke, van Gogh died a pauper and mad man

hmm...this thread is silly...could prove pointless...

JC's vision on fashion/portrait/commercial whatever shots...I like a lot...so i praise a lot. His arty personal works...I really dont like most of them, but some i like...so i dont praise too much...cos it's not bold enuff for me. So i dont go to his exhibition.

art, when personal is subjective...not all will like what the artist thinks. Art is faceless. Shameless and full of critics.

So Zig, dig your vision, shoot, and dont waste time with this thread.
    blog: inbloomphotos.wordpress.com

what's wrong with colourblindness?

i dun think it's really a handicap for a person dealing with photography.
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

Quote Originally Posted by sbs99
    what's wrong with colourblindness?

i dun think it's really a handicap for a person dealing with photography.
    The biggest handicap for a person dealing with photography would be the lack of a camera.

The biggest handicap for an ugly guy with a pretty girlfriend is having no money anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Sion
    The biggest handicap for a person dealing with photography would be the lack of a camera.
    you can do photography without camera also ... serious, seen someone doing it before, it's only whether you will be willing to recognise the work as a photography artwork

actually.... i think the greatest handicap in being a photographer is worrying about how good ur equiptment is and not shooting more as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by benedium
    The biggest handicap for an ugly guy with a pretty girlfriend is having no money anymore?
    The biggest handicap for an ugly guy with a pretty girlfriend and having no money is not having a bedroom of his own.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by kex
    is he the one going to be on some TV programme?
    i keep seeing a gambar on TV about a photographer who is color blind..
    i think it is him. on 5 Apr.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast