Thread: Newbie Posting.

Default Newbie Posting.

Hi guys, my newbie posting of images, dun dare post else where, not good at all.
    Just fire away. If it's bad, tell mi how to improve can? Tks in advance.....
    ( the pics were taken for my photography assignment)

1st

2nd

3rd

second set of the above

4th

5th

6th

7th

any pointers and critiques are much appreciated.

i tink u would fare better posing this in portriats...anyway here goes..

#1 interesting use of framing...but its messy and doesnt work...cropping at leg is no good too....colours not vibrant.....

#2 underexp lack of contrast...try a mono with grain...will be better...pose is ok though...buten the way the backdrp cuts the floor no good....

#3 interesting but lighting work is not very good...perhaps more of the face...up to nose....

#4 try a portrait orientation for this perhaps

#5 eh the way the hands grap the body very weird...

#6 interesting...but this is one where i tink portriat nicer...and better if hand is "sticking" to the body and like clawing like tt...very levis commercial like le...

#7 portrait ... with some dof to blur the person at back or vv will be nice

overall i tink flash work needs improving...colours are like over exp flash with +0.3 to 1 EV.... work on the colours alittle..

cheers...

hmmm flash? haha all taken without flash hehe guess that where the mistakes lie.. tks fer the comments .. will improve ... eh the dof thingie... a bit hard fer mi to acchieve ( using p&s and i couldn't move back any furthur, the room no space liao) but i get wat u mean.

iicc...selective post processing lo
    haha

cheers..

BTW, i notice there is a mark (looks like operation scar or something) around the tummy area. Might be good that one of the arm actually block it.

Cheers
    John

the photos were abit dull plain.. the sexiness, mysterious and suspense feeling are not there.. and i think the contact are not enough.. for me.. i think nude photos should bring a lot of "feel" and with good contrast of contact between the hands and the bodies or against their partner.. wad u are trying to picture are not there.. dun really seems to have the "feel" of what u are going to picture.. maybe u can take it under more lightning effects.. as some of yur photos could see "unwanted" shadows which are very distracting and make the picture looks bad.. ermx..i like the second one though.. but i think more contrasts could be added to bring out the focus point... try to get the "feel" of wad u are going to picture.. and maybe u will get it right next time... *smiles.

#1 I find the background brighter than the subject, somewhat distracting.

#2 Nice idea but it's somewhat dull

#3 Another nice idea but the model on the extreme right seems to be taller than the other 3. Maybe getting all to stand at the same height would have been better.

#4 I like this one alot but I think it will look nicer taken from an angle and not straight on.

#5 It would be nice if all the hands were grabbing on to the subject and not just touch. MAke a good ad background.

#6 I think it would be nicer if taken straight on, seems angled to me and the model's head was tilted. Would be nicer if his head was upright.

#7 2 subject here would be better if you just focused on one

my 2 cents

kk will try harder.. but on lighting.. er.. can anyhelp? i dunno anything abt that point... this was just a go and do ur thing shoot... first time in "studio" if u can call it that.

Use photoshop.. go edit.
    My Gallery at DeviantART http://waiaung.deviantart.com

yar.. u can edit yur pics.. to add the cotrast and stuffs.. or learn while you are at the studio.. no ideal how to take from studio.. or u can post a new thread asking.. (: