Thread: Need to find a suitable camera backpack with a laptop compartment

Default Need to find a suitable camera backpack with a laptop compartment

I am trying to look for a backpack, which allows me to carry some hiking gear say 30-40l worth of gear, along with a padded DSLR compartment with quick release, and a separate laptop compartment (outside the main compartment for easy release).

Any ideas?

This will be used in long hikes, and needs to carry about 10 kg, and be rather rugged.

Currently, I just stuff my small Nat Geo slingbag into my Osprey 65l backpack. It's hard to access the camera sometimes. The Macbook is in a sleeve which I place inside.

Thanks
    Nikon D750; FM2; FG; 55mm Micro Nikkor; 28-300 VR; 70-200 VR; Nikon V1 + 10-30mm

Default Re: Need to find a suitable camera backpack with a laptop compartment

Alpha

lowepro.... i have one which is good as have wheels. cathay carries.
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by petetherock View Post
    I am trying to look for a backpack, which allows me to carry some hiking gear say 30-40l worth of gear, along with a padded DSLR compartment with quick release, and a separate laptop compartment (outside the main compartment for easy release).

Any ideas?

This will be used in long hikes, and needs to carry about 10 kg, and be rather rugged.

Currently, I just stuff my small Nat Geo slingbag into my Osprey 65l backpack. It's hard to access the camera sometimes. The Macbook is in a sleeve which I place inside.

Thanks
    Maybe you can have a look at the F-stop tilopa bc.

Tilopa BC | f-stop

Macshop pte ltd at funan lvl 4 has brought them in.

Rover Pro seems good for your needs however I don't think it has a quick release which may not be a good idea while hiking in difficult terrain

Thanks guys both look very promising.. Any idea of costs locally?
    will use it in my upcoming Nepal trek...

I went last year with my Osprey, and the camera slung around my neck.. It got a bit tiring.. Toughest hike of my life... Worse than Guards reservist ICT..
    Last edited by petetherock; 12th March 2013 at 03:06 PM.
    Nikon D750; FM2; FG; 55mm Micro Nikkor; 28-300 VR; 70-200 VR; Nikon V1 + 10-30mm

Btw I can't see how I can whip out my SLR quickly with each of these packs?

Lol. I have a their ICU Medium Slope and waiting for the GURU, which have been in their waiting list for past two months.
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

Quote Originally Posted by Draken413o View Post
    Maybe you can have a look at the F-stop tilopa bc.

Tilopa BC | f-stop

Macshop pte ltd at funan lvl 4 has brought them in.

Do they have the whole range of Mountain series?
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

Quote Originally Posted by phoakm View Post

Do they have the whole range of Mountain series?
    They have the loka and tilopa but you can order through them whatever you require

I had a detailed look at the Lowepro Rover again.
    I don't think it is much better than my current backpack + small camera bag solution.
    The padded camera section is not easy to open or access, and is rather similar to my current solution...

I once saw Mountainsmith bag, it was almost ideal, except that it was only 15l of space for hiking gear...
    Amazon.com: Mountainsmith Borealis AT Recycled Camera Bag, Black: Sports & Outdoors

I've the Tamrac 3385, see if it fits your needs based on what u wrote.

I love that the strap is curved which is more comfy. The top n bottom compartments can be combined if all are removed so very flexible. Plus got side zipper opening to get cam. Also stands by itself.
    Last edited by saberlancer; 18th March 2013 at 12:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by saberlancer View Post
    I've the Tamrac 3385, see if it fits your needs based on what u wrote.

I love that the strap is curved which is more comfy. The top n bottom compartments can be combined if all are removed so very flexible. Plus got side zipper opening to get cam. Also stands by itself.
    Thanks bro
    I looked at that, and then I found this one:
    Bumblebee-UL-222 | Kata Bags
    Might be bigger..
    I need to haul enough clothes and items in addition to my single lens/DSLR
    Cheers.