Thread: Tamron AF28-300mm F/3.5-6.3 XR Di LD AS (IF) Macro

Default Tamron AF28-300mm F/3.5-6.3 XR Di LD AS (IF) Macro

Hello,

Anyone tried this lens before? Any comment or advice on this lens?

This is a DI (digital integrated) lens, thus suitable for film and digital SLR. I have a Nikon F80, but I heard that a DI lens will cause slight distortion at the edge of the frame for non digital cameras. Is that true?

Lastly, for 200-300mm, is it possible to shoot handheld? Will there be any handshake?

Thanks!

never tried before. personally don't like super zoom lenses, they tend to have a lot of distorsion and slow aperture (like f/6.3).

DI should be ok for film. DI-II is the one for digital only, will produce vignetting if used on film slr.

Possible to use it handheld, but most likely you have to use high iso (200/400 and up, depends on the lighting)

my two cents worth...

Tried it before. The zoom ring is not smooth - quite tough to turn... and the MF Ring is not smooth either - very jerky... i think the gears of can be rather noisy too. Colors wise, not bad - it's pretty sharp and yes, there is distortion at the wide end and slight pin-cushion on the tele side. its a good all-round lens if you really need to scrimp on lenses though. cheers!
    Budget wedding photographer :)

Hey thanks for your input.

Anyone else have any info for me pls let me know =)

Thanks!

hi

i am looking around at lenses too, could u please share with me the price for this lens, i am thinking of getting this or this Products :: Lenses
    AF70-300MM F/4-5.6 LD Macro

I only checked Tamron AF28-300mm prices- $590 MS Color, $570 Lords Camera, $580 Alan Photo, $595 Cathay Photo.

You may contact these shops and get a quote via phone and then go down to the shops to check out the lenses.

thanks for the info. hope that u can get the info u wnted for the Tamron AF28-300mm