Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pentax rumored to announce several new DSLRs and a new compact APS-C camera Read mor

We can always dream

Quote Originally Posted by SyncGuy

Bro... How can you doubt Pentax?! Blasphemy!

Possible lo... Nikon D600 could do it.. Pentax one will cost S$1999.99 with kit lens made out of 100% plastic parts including plastic lens, fixed aperture f/4 and f/8 only, Holga-style!

No pop up flash and no LED screen(as small as film days right?), single dial, single AF point(cross sensor though!), and bam! No pop up flash! How cool and unique will that be!! All for S$1999.99!
    What's a LED screen?

Default Re: Pentax rumored to announce several new DSLRs and a new compact APS-C camera Read

Quote Originally Posted by edutilos- View Post
    I don't quite understand this one.

You need the WR flash because? Anyways I think the hotshoe would definitely need to be covered.
    maybe he wants to explore his artistic limits by taking portrait shots in the rain?

Source: Awesome Rainy Portraits | Abduzeedo Design Inspiration & Tutorials
    Last edited by detritus; 13th March 2013 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by detritus

can dun talk rooster or not

u think wat? digital k1000 ah? its a product concept that exists only in the deluded minds of a vocal minority lor... *roll eye*
    Haha! That's what many of those guys over at "the other forum" seems to want mah... LoL! "As small as MX/LX.." I think they're forgetting that the space taken up by the screens is pretty substantial.

Quote Originally Posted by edutilos-

I don't quite understand this one.

You need the WR flash because? Anyways I think the hotshoe would definitely need to be covered.
    Because there are some idiots out there who also wants this feature without thinking hard enough on what flash photography in the rain actually means.. LoL!

Quote Originally Posted by ageha

What's a LED screen?
    Oops! LCD I guess.. :P

All in all, nah.. Just a simple sarcasm to them fools who's baying for a Pentax FF with features that are unrealistic.

Want everything but not willing to pay..
    Last edited by SyncGuy; 13th March 2013 at 01:06 PM.
    Pentax Kr, Pentax Super A
    K105/2.8, Fa*24/2, A28/2, A35/2, A50/1.4, A*85/1.4, A100/2.8, A135/2.8

Default Re: Pentax rumored to announce several new DSLRs and a new compact APS-C camera Read

Quote Originally Posted by SyncGuy View Post

All in all, nah.. Just a simple sarcasm to them fools who's baying for a Pentax FF with features that are unrealistic.
    Oh, if that's the case then I want the FF camera to come with Doraemon pouch. No need to carry camera bag. Can also hold tripod. I just put the camera and barang barang into the black hole pouch and draw it out when needed.

Did I see somebody posting ff made of plastic and lenses plastic!!!! If that's so you want sub 800 ff also can but all parts in paper best is fully warrantied with 1 to 1 exchange from me
    Sony A7II FE 28 Zeiss 55 FE 90 Sigma 150-600C

Quote Originally Posted by simon6z View Post
    Did I see somebody posting ff made of plastic and lenses plastic!!!! If that's so you want sub 800 ff also can but all parts in paper best is fully warrantied with 1 to 1 exchange from me
    heh... paper one certain time of the year quite popular during that time, u want paper anything also can get.

wishlist:

if the rumoured APS-C GRD 5 comes with WR capabilities...

please take my money if this happens

Quote Originally Posted by simon6z
    There was a paper medium format camera available, but using film.
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...rce=newsletter
    GR,K2,K3, DA15Ltd, 10-24 f 3.5-4.5, K135 f2.8, K55 f1.8, Q, Q2K, Q10, 01020306,FA31,FA100WR

Quote Originally Posted by PhilipKr35

There was a paper medium format camera available, but using film.
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...rce=newsletter
    LoL! That's nothing to it la bro... Better things have been done in that sense.. Google up large format DIY.. LoL! I think Pentax can do that and sell it for $500! They'll throw in a solid tripod and perhaps an umbrella at the top for you even! LoL!

Ok... This is getting funny and nonsensical.. Haha! Whatever that Pentax wants to do, let them.. Currently I suppose most are pretty happy with the available offerings.

Quote Originally Posted by hellfire88
    wishlist:

if the rumoured APS-C GRD 5 comes with WR capabilities...

please take my money if this happens
    I have... You want? :P
    Functioning or not, you never say..

*prepares a pail of water*

Quote Originally Posted by SyncGuy

LoL! That's nothing to it la bro... Better things have been done in that sense.. Google up large format DIY.. LoL! I think Pentax can do that and sell it for $500! They'll throw in a solid tripod and perhaps an umbrella at the top for you even! LoL!

Ok... This is getting funny and nonsensical.. Haha! Whatever that Pentax wants to do, let them.. Currently I suppose most are pretty happy with the available offerings.
    Everyone seemed gone hysterical over the rumor !
    GR,K2,K3, DA15Ltd, 10-24 f 3.5-4.5, K135 f2.8, K55 f1.8, Q, Q2K, Q10, 01020306,FA31,FA100WR

Quote Originally Posted by ageha View Post
    The rumor itself says already it's not about 5 individual products, most probably it will contain variations of the same cameras. Who knows, maybe it's just one camera in 5 colors.
    I think one with LPF and one without is the most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by simon6z
    A $1k is definitely possible without many compromises. I wouldn't mind a K-30 with a 135 sensor for a few $ more. The claim (larger) sensors would be much more expensive is pure marketing.

A $1k is definitely possible without many compromises. I wouldn't mind a K-30 with a 135 sensor for a few $ more. The claim (larger) sensors would be much more expensive is pure marketing.
    Sensor is make of silicon wafer & it's very expensive. As per area increases will increase the cost as well.

From here, it says:

Production costs for a full-frame sensor can exceed twenty times the costs for an APS-C sensor.[citation needed] Only 20 full-frame sensors will fit on an 8-inch (200 mm) silicon wafer, and yield is comparatively low because the sensor's large area makes it very vulnerable to contaminants—20 evenly distributed defects could theoretically ruin an entire wafer. Additionally, the full-frame sensor requires three separate exposures during the photolithography stage, tripling the number of masks and exposure processes.[7]

Quote Originally Posted by flame angel

Sensor is make of silicon wafer & it's very expensive. As per area increases will increase the cost as well.
    Mate, thanks for letting me know. lol

Quote Originally Posted by fengwei

From here, it says:

Production costs for a full-frame sensor can exceed twenty times the costs for an APS-C sensor.[citation needed] Only 20 full-frame sensors will fit on an 8-inch (200 mm) silicon wafer, and yield is comparatively low because the sensor's large area makes it very vulnerable to contaminants—20 evenly distributed defects could theoretically ruin an entire wafer. Additionally, the full-frame sensor requires three separate exposures during the photolithography stage, tripling the number of masks and exposure processes.[7]
    Yes but the APS-C sensor is not expensive to start with. An image sensor is a rather simple circuit compared to other CMOS devices today. Anyway, since there is more needed to make a good camera they will milk us 10 more years before they will put FF sensors in cheaper bodies to produce finally equally good pictures at a much lower price point.

If FF and named LX then interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by detritus View Post
    heh... paper one certain time of the year quite popular during that time, u want paper anything also can get.
    If so you better create a storm in pentaxforum say a new factory coming this year somewhere from aug to sept that it is gonna make pentax FF at under 800 but hor you must post on 1st day of april wahahaha.

Anyway whatever they come up or out with, we just be happy if it can attract those who don't know pentax. Everyone in the industries will have something in their sleeves if now whole world know then it will be boring
    Sony A7II FE 28 Zeiss 55 FE 90 Sigma 150-600C

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast