Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tape residue from screen protector

Default Tape residue from screen protector

Waah need help on how to remove the leftover adhesive from screen protector on my dslr camera.
    I have used wd-40, goo gone, lighter fluid and other solvent. I even soak it in warm water with soap and same problem. Pls help

I did removed the lcd now from camera to easily clean it rather than risky the camera.
    It removed some of the tape residue but theres still some thin leftover that may somehow hardened on the lcd screen

You can try liquid nitrogen......
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

Try using an eraser on the screen?

Default Re: Tape residue from screen protector

use back the sticky side of your screen protector to pick up the sticky bits left. (but by now you had probably thrown it away)
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

Quote Originally Posted by jakedgreatz View Post
    Waah need help on how to remove the leftover adhesive from screen protector on my dslr camera.
    I have used wd-40, goo gone, lighter fluid and other solvent. I even soak it in warm water with soap and same problem. Pls help
    whatttttttt
    Canon 5D MkIII|70-200 f/2.8L IS II USM|24-70 f2.8 L II USM|Σ 50 f1.4 EX DG HSM

Quote Originally Posted by dodgethis View Post
    whatttttttt
    I think he explained that he removed the LCD from the camera or something. Not sure how he did it.

Then he has bigger problems than adhesive residue now.
    Canon 5D MkIII|70-200 f/2.8L IS II USM|24-70 f2.8 L II USM|Σ 50 f1.4 EX DG HSM

Spit on the LCD and use your thumb to rub.

Btw, which camera and screen protector are you using?
    Last edited by ManWearPants; 11th March 2013 at 10:52 AM.

Blog Entries

leave it alone

any more recipie formulas and you might find yourself with an even more expensive problem
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

hi all thanks for the reply. btw i have used a normal hair blower to heat up the edges of the screen. removed the lcd screen from the camera. so i only have with me the glass lcd screen which is full of tape residue scars. i have managed to remove some of the residue. i even dipped it in warm water and soap, then put a little rub and it's the same thing.
    my last option now is to use this.

http://www.fairprice.com.sg/wcsstore...e/11043196.jpg

i just wanna soak in it for maybe 5mins, then do a little scrub then see how it goes. will post finish product later on.
    unfortunately i dont have the before photo of it. but it may be somthing like this. or worst.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c5...-1293856PM.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Shizuma View Post
    use back the sticky side of your screen protector to pick up the sticky bits left. (but by now you had probably thrown it away)
    that will not work anymore. for i have managed to remove some of it on top. now it became more thinner and hardened to make it more difficult to remove it by hand. i need a solution to soften it and somehow scrap it out. or better just apply a solution then wipe it a bit to remove it.

Weird screen protector. Sounds like you used a sticker with adhesive. Normal screen protectors just use static.
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Weird screen protector. Sounds like you used a sticker with adhesive. Normal screen protectors just use static.
    im thinking it was just that screen protector is kinda stuck on it quite long than it should be. hence the sticky thing left in the lcd screen. anyway i will be posting some photos later on after the soak process thing

You can use thinner available from paint store to rub these off normal glass surface. However, I do not know if it will eat into your LCD coatings.

Concentrated sulphuric acid would remove the stains. But if you can get it, the Police might want to pay you a visit to find out why.

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex
    Concentrated sulphuric acid would remove the stains. But if you can get it, the Police might want to pay you a visit to find out why.
    You can get it from any old car btw...
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

Blog Entries

Use adhesive tape to peck on the sticky residue ....then use alcohol to wipe away the stains. Can consider putting it into the washing machine if everything else fails ...... Just remember that all advice given in KPT Y are to be taken with packet of salt ....
    Last edited by Zenten; 11th March 2013 at 09:01 PM.
    Nikomi Canpen Zenten :eek:
    Not exactly 100% Natural but definitely the closest you can get to it

Lcd screen remove from camera so i can clean the glass with whatever i want w/o harming the cam body

This is the after result after soaking it with the super strong stain remover
    Last edited by jakedgreatz; 11th March 2013 at 08:58 PM.

You just need a mild non-polar organic solvent e.g. olive oil.
    hi

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast