Thread: Where to go in Bangkok

Default Where to go in Bangkok

Hi,

Will be leaving for a trip to bangkok for 4 days this wed, would appreciate it if any of you who have been there could give some pointers as to where to go, best way to get around and the cost of it.

Am thinking of taking 2 days to go down to pattaya or hwa hin. Any comments on the 2 places?

How safe is it for me to bring cameras n tripod there? Heard of ppl's cameras being stolen etc. Any tips? Will be bringing my dig cam there, but considering bringing my 35mm slr to take some slides, but thinking of travelling light.

Thanks in advance

Encino
    Guests

Hi

I had been to both Pattaya and Bangkok. These two places are really nice places. It's pretty safe to bring your cameras there, be it SLR or DC.

Bangkok

I think Bangkok is a very good place to buy clothing...but most of them are ORIGINALLY pirated. Places like MBK shopping complex and the small complexes opposite MBK. As for the weekend market, try to trvael as light as possible cos it will be too crowded and you will have no time for shooting cos you will be spending your time buying things. I been there twice on different occasions and unable to finish walknig the whole market.

Pattaya

There's nothing much to do in Pattaya...unless there's still AGoGo pubs there. Please be noted that you are NOT supposed to bring in photography into these pubs. You can try to visit the new Hard Rock hotel there. Other than HRC, I think the only thing good is food and of cos, girls. You can try out the massage there cos it's cheap and good. Beware that most of them provide special services.

Other than that, it's pretty safe to travel in these two places.

well, i have a previous post on things you can take pics of in bangkok.

look for it in this thread:

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthrea...threadid=12267

hope it helps.

Thanks quelynn n encino for the tips.

Will probably bring both camera bodies then and see which is appropriate or as backup.
    Yes, was looking for your post encino, but couldn't remember where I saw it. will keep those places in mind. Probably will be doing buy buy buy

I read that Khao Yai National Park is a nice place (About 175 km Northeast from Bangkok) for natural photography if you are into it.

I might be going thailand soon too. thanks for the info too!!!