Thread: IP Camera useful?

Thumbs up IP Camera useful?

Hi there... anyone use an IP Camera at home before? I saw this promo and thinking to purchase the most basic one to try out ...Link to the offer Should I put at a hideout?

Quote Originally Posted by TakeaBreak View Post
    Hi there... anyone use an IP Camera at home before? I saw this promo and thinking to purchase the most basic one to try out ...Link to the offer Should I put at a hideout?
    Just make sure the pic quality is good.

I hear complaints that quality is often grainy

Before buying, watch a real file clip of that cam

I have a couple of this at home. The power wire is only about 1 meter. Narrow FOV. I DIY extended the wire and installed it to the ceiling. Made a mistake of not buying a recordable camera in the 1st place. Out of 3 cameras 1 kept going offline and went dead after 6 months. I bought a recordable set to replace it. It kept going offline after about a week use too. If given a choice I will have a CCTV installed.
    Canon 30D, G11, 50 f1.8II, 10-22 f3.5-4.5, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L IS, EX580II

Default Re: IP Camera useful?

Quote Originally Posted by airfins View Post
    I have a couple of this at home. The power wire is only about 1 meter. Narrow FOV. I DIY extended the wire and installed it to the ceiling. Made a mistake of not buying a recordable camera in the 1st place. Out of 3 cameras 1 kept going offline and went dead after 6 months. I bought a recordable set to replace it. It kept going offline after about a week use too. If given a choice I will have a CCTV installed.
    Thank you Donut 88, noted and I think the quality not that bad
    Thank you airfins, ...But CCTV more complicated and ex. right? If it's IP cam, which means I should buy one with 'recorded' feature?

IP Man also very good
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

Quote Originally Posted by TakeaBreak
    I got 3 ip cam at home. U want? Maybe can post in bns...
    My main issue is the slow 3G network in Singapore. Live video quality on my iPhone will depends on my location.
    | 5Diii | 24 ii | 40 | 24-70 ii | 24-105 | 70-200 F4 IS | 270 ii | 600EX-RT |

So far my Dlink is working fine with 3G connection to my iPhone. Depend on your needs wether recordings is needed, I would say jump straight to recording as anything happen you need recorded prove. CCTV is at the range of about 2 camera at $699, more ex but more reliable. Careful with hidden cost as running of cable might cost more if need to go they walls. If I shift house I will get a CCTV installed. My Dlink in the living room is always on infra red night mode (black n white) as the lighting alone is not bright enough for it to auto select the day mode.
    Canon 30D, G11, 50 f1.8II, 10-22 f3.5-4.5, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L IS, EX580II

Quote Originally Posted by Shizuma View Post
    IP Man also very good
    Is he the inventor of IP camera?

I have one IP camera from Dlink installed in my mum's room. Works well till now as long as you keep updating the firmware.
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service