Thread: Reorganising Lightroom keyword heirarchy - faster way than drag & drop?

Default Reorganising Lightroom keyword heirarchy - faster way than drag & drop?

I just imported all my photos from Picasa into Lightroom 4. The good news is all the keywords/tags painstakingly input on Picasa were properly read by LR4! However, I am finding it a pain to organise the keywords into 'heirarchy' e.g. Barcelona<Spain<Europe, etc using the 'drag and drop' method. The list of keywords is very long (hundreds) and I have to click and hold a keyword, scroll the list down or up by placing the cursor exactly in the right position at the top of the box, find the keyword i want and then drop it in to create the nested keyword.

My question is - Is there a faster way than dragging and dropping?
    5Dmk2 600D Sig35f1.4 Sig50f1.4 85f1.8 SY14f2.8 18200 Tam1750f2.8 580EX2 Oly EP3 14-42X 40-150 20f1.7

Default Re: Reorganising Lightroom keyword heirarchy - faster way than drag & drop?

You've got hundreds of keywords is bit of too many..
    You can create a new "key word set" to contain the keywords you wanted, however lightroom only allow 9 keywords to be
    set in each "key word set". i'd advise you to organise all your keywords into set, giving them different name in set would
    make your life easier.
    Last edited by flame angel; 9th March 2013 at 05:12 PM.