Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 29 of 29

Thread: Photography an old man's hobby??

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Westy
    Posts
    2,671

    Default

    kinda sporean habit to do such stuff...
    the buy/sell trend seems... hehe

    but there are still pp who truly know what they want/need, and not just blindly buying the latest eqs. =)

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Last planet from the sun
    Posts
    2,822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ~Arcanic~
    kinda sporean habit to do such stuff...
    the buy/sell trend seems... hehe

    but there are still pp who truly know what they want/need, and not just blindly buying the latest eqs. =)
    ohhhh u will be surprise lol.......

  3. #23
    Senior Member jOhO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    6,485

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AReality
    Reminds me of a situation...

    My friend asked me... "Wow! Your pics so nice! Your camera must be very good!".

    I replied to her... "You looked beautiful today too. What brand of makeup u used?".


    .
    let me guess... she was so happy and started telling u that mabelline mascara is so much better than clinique's??

  4. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AReality
    Reminds me of a situation...

    My friend asked me... "Wow! Your pics so nice! Your camera must be very good!".

    I replied to her... "You looked beautiful today too. What brand of makeup u used?".
    .
    Good one! An intelligent reply to a shallow mind.

  5. #25
    Senior Member Pablo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Blue/Green Planet
    Posts
    1,854

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AReality
    Reminds me of a situation...

    My friend asked me... "Wow! Your pics so nice! Your camera must be very good!".

    I replied to her... "You looked beautiful today too. What brand of makeup u used?".


    .

    Hi Areality,

    Do you mind if I "Borrowed" your response.....

    I can think of places to put it

    Cheers
    Time, is an effortless construction :)

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    3,688

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pro Image
    Where are you staying now? Hong Kong? Aiyo you really need to come down to Singapore. Those gatherings are now about showing off their latest equipments and how well they gaffer their equipments only. Not that I cannot afford but I do not see the need too. Haha.....:bsmile:

    Some just buy and buy and buy only and then sell and sell and sell their equipment as it's their full time hobby!
    Good that they don't stay in HK, or else they will buy buy even more!!!...but it does support the industry....imagine if they have to survive on us who use a cam for maybe 20-30 years before buying another, and we likely buy a used one....they would be bankrupt by now....

    Let me know if you come to HK.....there are a few clubsnappers here too....

    Hong Sien

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Last planet from the sun
    Posts
    2,822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hongsien
    Good that they don't stay in HK, or else they will buy buy even more!!!...but it does support the industry....imagine if they have to survive on us who use a cam for maybe 20-30 years before buying another, and we likely buy a used one....they would be bankrupt by now....

    Let me know if you come to HK.....there are a few clubsnappers here too....

    Hong Sien
    Sure...I will want to go HK again. Which part of HK r u staying?

  8. #28
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default

    Tell them this way:

    Photography should start from young. Trust me.

    By the time when old already than start photography, what’s the point? Eyesight no good how to focus? Hand shaky how to hold camera? Also got no strength to carry tripod. Memory so poor how to learn new things? To late to start liao, than only the best thing to do is see RA movie everyday afternoon.


    (To our respectful senior citizen here, please take this as a joke)

  9. #29

    Default

    ya sure its for OLD men.... i am 21 years OLD this year lo

    sure its for OLD man...y not ahah..... :P

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •