Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: DSLR alike Compact Camera

Default Re: DSLR alike Compact Camera

Quote Originally Posted by steventay View Post
    I using panasonic DMV-g3 and OM-D both can achieve using auto mode.
    I tested 650D also can achieve using auto.
    I need auto mode cos the camera is not only I use and must be simple and easy to use auto
    Models and maker are irrelevant. Settings are relevant. Auto is not a setting, but an indication of surrender...
    EOS

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    Models and maker are irrelevant. Settings are relevant. Auto is not a setting, but an indication of surrender...
    nowadays more people are using mirrorless and entry level DSLR, does it mean they must use manual mode or p mode?

they are still have people use semi pro or pro DSLR model in auto mode too.

camera maker are now making the auto mode more intelligent to able to detect what scene mode to use.

i am willing to learn but it mean this camera only i know how to use. my family member know nuts and want simple PNS.
    Newbie in photography.
    OMD EM-5, 12-50mm

nowadays more people are using mirrorless and entry level DSLR, does it mean they must use manual mode or p mode?
    Why not? You have a camera that do all that so why not learn how to use those modes as well? In fact, to get what you want, it's best that you go to those modes.
    they are still have people use semi pro or pro DSLR model in auto mode too.
    Please don't use others as an excuse.
    camera maker are now making the auto mode more intelligent to able to detect what scene mode to use.
    But not as intelligent as the tool behind the camera.
    i am willing to learn but it mean this camera only i know how to use. my family member know nuts and want simple PNS.
    As you have mentioned, most cameras have auto and manual modes. These modes can be accessed with the simple twist of a dial.
    I don't get you. You said you are willing to learn but you seem rather insistent on using the Auto mode. Auto mode is like a baby crawler that teaches a newborn how to walk but with severe restrictions. Not getting out of Auto mode will just leave you in the baby crawler. You want to get better or get the shots you want? Get it out of your head that Auto is the mode that you can use.
    Canon 5D MkIII|70-200 f/2.8L IS II USM|24-70 f2.8 L II USM|Σ 50 f1.4 EX DG HSM

what camera are you using? using auto mode?

what about taking at a distance of at least 2m?
    **face palm**
    G15, P mode with adjustment to ISO and 30cm away from the fan

Quote Originally Posted by dodgethis View Post
    I don't get you. You said you are willing to learn but you seem rather insistent on using the Auto mode. Auto mode is like a baby crawler that teaches a newborn how to walk but with severe restrictions. Not getting out of Auto mode will just leave you in the baby crawler. You want to get better or get the shots you want? Get it out of your head that Auto is the mode that you can use.

i need a camera that able to achieve that people like yr mum or yr father or yr wife can use to take and no need to learn manual mode or even semi manual mode.

will you ask them to learn manual mode in order to use the camera?

i not saying that i not willing to learn but above i mention is my basic requirement first.
    Newbie in photography.
    OMD EM-5, 12-50mm

No matter how smart a camera is, it still comes out from the brain and hard work of a team of PEOPLE.

You don't have to look at any camera. Generally, what you need (auto mode) is already found on all phones with camera. If you don't bother to do some reading up and learning, no camera can meet your needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmike View Post
    No matter how smart a camera is, it still comes out from the brain and hard work of a team of PEOPLE.

You don't have to look at any camera. Generally, what you need (auto mode) is already found on all phones with camera. If you don't bother to do some reading up and learning, no camera can meet your needs.
    photo camera not really good as lighting is an issues.

i have use mirrorless and entry DSLR can meet my requirement, just hoping to find smaller camera to replace it.
    Newbie in photography.
    OMD EM-5, 12-50mm

There you go. You know where the problem lies but you are not working to overcome it. Mirrorless and DSLRs are designed for better performance under low light compared to compacts.

i need a camera that able to achieve that people like yr mum or yr father or yr wife can use to take and no need to learn manual mode or even semi manual mode.

will you ask them to learn manual mode in order to use the camera?

i not saying that i not willing to learn but above i mention is my basic requirement first.
    Can your family members twist a knob? If they can, they can switch the camera from auto to manual. It's not that hard to do. Most cameras have this function.
    Canon 5D MkIII|70-200 f/2.8L IS II USM|24-70 f2.8 L II USM|Σ 50 f1.4 EX DG HSM

i have use mirrorless and entry DSLR can meet my requirement, just hoping to find smaller camera to replace it.
    Any camera works fine to be used as point and shoot. Any ah gong ah ma can easily use. But u just gotta accept whatever output the camera gives u using auto mode.

The problem with you is that u dismiss g15 as a camera not good for auto mode just because it cannot freeze the fan motion.

U have used pro-grade stuff and now you want smth smaller which can give u the same output as pro grade gear. It's just not gonna happen, if u don't know how to use it I.e. using auto.

Unless u get a sony RX1 thou. Maybe u can still use auto and get awesome results.

Quote Originally Posted by flub26 View Post
    Hi, is there any compact or prosumer camera that is almost like a DSLR?
    I will focus mainly on image quality.

At the lowest iso setting (usually iso 100), and in bright lighting (e.g. bright sunlight), most compacts or prosumer cameras can produce images which are almost as good as those produced by a DSLR.

What separates the DSLR from the compact/prosumer camera is getting good image quality in poor lighting conditions, which can mostly be attributed to the larger sensor size in the DSLR.

Of course, "compacts" such as the Fuji X100, Nikon Coolpix A, Sigma DP1 etc which have the APS-C sensor or the Sony RX1 with the even larger full frame sensor as most DSLR's will give the same or better image quality as DSLR's. These are very high end and expensive compact cameras which give you premium image quality with a matching price tag.

Among small "pocketable" compacts, the Sony RX100 has arguably the best image quality which is close to the image quality of older generation entry level DSLR's.
    Last edited by zaren; 28th March 2013 at 12:50 PM.
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

If smaller cameras can replace mirrorless and dslr, then the camera companies will soon be in trouble.

Also, u can try smarter auto modes such as sports modes for moving action. The code may be better written for moving subjects. If u insist on full auto, then you will almost never get the shot u want, as the camera is only as smart at the user

canon powershot.
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

what.. did i just read~?

turn the dial to auto, very difficult mehz???

i want to take my active baby moving around and also want to take landscapes and also use for traveling

i try G15 using auto mode and unable to achieve sharp image with or without flash.

i don't know how to use manual mode or p mode.

i try using mirrorless taking using auto mode too, to certain extend i can get good image.

i heard G15 is very good on taking macro.

as a beginner i use the camera as PNS whether it is mirrorless or not
    "Wasted Investments"

This thread seems to be a complete and utter waste of good intentions and advice.

Quote Originally Posted by incurable View Post
    it is in fact quite compact with the 22mm lens mounted. just bought the kit and am personally satisfied with both the AF and IQ.
    True. EOS M with 22mm lens mounted is physically smaller and lighter than the G1X, with higher IQ as well due to its larger APS-C sensor.

x20 is a good comparison too...
    ==================================================
    Canon 5DMK3 |Fujifilm X-E2, X-T1|

Reading this thread, I have to remind myself that it's not 9gag......

Quote Originally Posted by tofu master View Post
    Reading this thread, I have to remind myself that it's not 9gag......
    can always move it to kopitiam

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast