Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 77

Thread: DSLR alike Compact Camera

  1. #21

    Default Re: DSLR alike Compact Camera

    Quote Originally Posted by silvermoon1407 View Post
    Review says decent. Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Review: Digital Photography Review
    But you should go to the shops and test on your own.
    Canon catalog say G15 is fast... but when i do the below, it is slow..

    i try to take ceiling fan moving speed 2 out of 3
    the final photo capture blur.

    when i use mirrorless with flash, it is sharp.

    if SX50 can achieve the taking of ceiling fan.. then it will be a perfect camera for me.
    Newbie in photography.
    OMD EM-5, 12-50mm

  2. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by steventay View Post

    Canon catalog say G15 is fast... but when i do the below, it is slow..

    i try to take ceiling fan moving speed 2 out of 3
    the final photo capture blur.

    when i use mirrorless with flash, it is sharp.

    if SX50 can achieve the taking of ceiling fan.. then it will be a perfect camera for me.
    -.-'''

    AF has nothing to do with blurred shots. Assuming no manufacturing defect, u get blurred shot either due to handshake at low shutter speed, or moving objects at low shutter speed, which appears to be ur g15 case. Shooting with flash allows higher shutter speed because there's more light. Go figure.
    hi

  3. #23

    Default Re: DSLR alike Compact Camera

    Quote Originally Posted by steventay View Post
    Canon catalog say G15 is fast... but when i do the below, it is slow..

    i try to take ceiling fan moving speed 2 out of 3
    the final photo capture blur.

    when i use mirrorless with flash, it is sharp.

    if SX50 can achieve the taking of ceiling fan.. then it will be a perfect camera for me.
    No amounts of facepalm image macros can suffice for this post.

    The shutter speed that has been set for the photo is too slow to catch the moving blade at a standstill. I am sure your G15 has a high enough shutter speed to do so. It's just that the implement behind the camera is not bright enough to realise that.
    Last edited by dodgethis; 27th March 2013 at 06:19 PM.
    Canon 5D MkIII|70-200 f/2.8L IS II USM|24-70 f2.8 L II USM|Σ 50 f1.4 EX DG HSM

  4. #24
    Moderator Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    12,393

    Default Re: DSLR alike Compact Camera

    Quote Originally Posted by steventay View Post
    Canon catalog say G15 is fast... but when i do the below, it is slow..
    i try to take ceiling fan moving speed 2 out of 3
    the final photo capture blur.
    when i use mirrorless with flash, it is sharp.
    if SX50 can achieve the taking of ceiling fan.. then it will be a perfect camera for me.
    You compare apples with peaches here without knowing what kind of weird fruit salad you create ...
    How about you switch off the flash on the mirrorless so that at least one condition is equal. Do and check the results. For a deeper understanding I strongly suggest reading up the Newbies Guide to learn about the basics. Topics like exposure with special attention to shutter speed will help.
    EOS

  5. #25

    Default Re: DSLR alike Compact Camera

    Quote Originally Posted by dodgethis View Post
    No amounts of facepalm image macros can suffice for this post.

    The shutter speed that has been set for the photo is too slow to catch the moving blade at a standstill. I am sure your G15 has a high enough shutter speed to do so. It's just that the implement behind the camera is not bright enough to realise that.
    i am beginner so i use auto mode with and without flash for both camera G15 and mirrorless.

    G15 with flash the focus lock in auto mode when i press the capture button it is slower.

    the guide no for the mirrorless builtin flash should be higher than the G15 builtin flash
    Newbie in photography.
    OMD EM-5, 12-50mm

  6. #26

    Default Re: DSLR alike Compact Camera

    Quote Originally Posted by silvermoon1407 View Post
    -.-'''

    AF has nothing to do with blurred shots. Assuming no manufacturing defect, u get blurred shot either due to handshake at low shutter speed, or moving objects at low shutter speed, which appears to be ur g15 case. Shooting with flash allows higher shutter speed because there's more light. Go figure.
    i using auto mode with flash for both.
    Newbie in photography.
    OMD EM-5, 12-50mm

  7. #27

    Default Re: DSLR alike Compact Camera

    Quote Originally Posted by steventay View Post
    Canon catalog say G15 is fast... but when i do the below, it is slow..

    i try to take ceiling fan moving speed 2 out of 3
    the final photo capture blur.

    when i use mirrorless with flash, it is sharp.

    if SX50 can achieve the taking of ceiling fan.. then it will be a perfect camera for me.
    I can't help but to log in an totally disagree with your statement. You didnt understand the camera or did you try to understand the camera?
    Pictures taken with G15 shall do the talk:-

    Macro mode less than 2.5cm to subject plus external flashlite


    Macro pic with 100% crop plus external flashlite



    Thaipusum without flashlite



    SEA Aquarium without flashlite



    To me the results are good enough for it being a prosumer cam.
    Last edited by Verilost19; 27th March 2013 at 09:34 PM.

  8. #28
    Moderator Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    12,393

    Default Re: DSLR alike Compact Camera

    Quote Originally Posted by steventay View Post
    i am beginner so i use auto mode with and without flash for both camera G15 and mirrorless.
    G15 with flash the focus lock in auto mode when i press the capture button it is slower.
    the guide no for the mirrorless builtin flash should be higher than the G15 builtin flash
    Do you even have an idea what you talking about? The Guide number for flash is most irrelevant here.
    What exactly are you trying to figure out here? The definition of "fast AF" is subjective. What works for some (and landscapes) will not work for others (and their hyper active kids). Define your requirements, then we could possibly give you some pointers. Shooting fans in shops won't get you anywhere ...
    EOS

  9. #29

    Default Re: DSLR alike Compact Camera

    i want to take my active baby moving around and also want to take landscapes and also use for traveling

    i try G15 using auto mode and unable to achieve sharp image with or without flash.

    i don't know how to use manual mode or p mode.

    i try using mirrorless taking using auto mode too, to certain extend i can get good image.

    i heard G15 is very good on taking macro.

    as a beginner i use the camera as PNS whether it is mirrorless or not
    Last edited by steventay; 27th March 2013 at 09:48 PM.
    Newbie in photography.
    OMD EM-5, 12-50mm

  10. #30

    Default Re: DSLR alike Compact Camera

    You need to understand the limitations of the camera and overcome it. Go read up on some basic photography and understand the exposure triangle.

    Macro with G15:
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/macro...-prosumer.html

    Post that blur shot for everyone to see. The two words by itself don't mean anything at all.
    Last edited by Schmike; 27th March 2013 at 10:02 PM.

  11. #31

    Default Re: DSLR alike Compact Camera

    Quote Originally Posted by steventay View Post
    i want to take my active baby moving around and also want to take landscapes and also use for traveling

    i try G15 using auto mode and unable to achieve sharp image with or without flash.

    i don't know how to use manual mode or p mode.

    i try using mirrorless taking using auto mode too, to certain extend i can get good image.

    i heard G15 is very good on taking macro.

    as a beginner i use the camera as PNS whether it is mirrorless or not
    Turn off the AF Continuous function

  12. #32

    Default Re: DSLR alike Compact Camera

    Quote Originally Posted by Schmike View Post
    You need to understand the limitations of the camera and overcome it. Go read up on some basic photography and understand the exposure triangle.

    Macro with G15:
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/macro...-prosumer.html

    Post that blur shot for everyone to see. The two words by itself don't mean anything at all.
    nice macro photo.

    my photo are everywhere and i don't know which one is take using flash or not.

    during my taking since i only use auto mode, i try using 3 camera G15, G1X and mirrorless

    using G15 still not so bad but not perfect if compare to mirrorless. i know they are different class.

    G1X i use auto mode, dont know why the picture take is not better than G15.

    maybe it is my way of using.... when i see what i like, i take the camera and press to shot in auto mode as PNS. that all. no special setting.
    Last edited by steventay; 27th March 2013 at 10:38 PM.
    Newbie in photography.
    OMD EM-5, 12-50mm

  13. #33

    Default Re: DSLR alike Compact Camera

    Quote Originally Posted by Verilost19 View Post
    Turn off the AF Continuous function
    oh.. i remember i saw this option is on.

    i don't have the camera with me since i have borrow it.
    Newbie in photography.
    OMD EM-5, 12-50mm

  14. #34

    Default Re: DSLR alike Compact Camera

    went to test test without flashlite and focus pt was ctr of the fan...mmmm

    Turning Fan
    ISO 1000 F/5.0 0.04sec
    Last edited by Verilost19; 27th March 2013 at 10:50 PM.

  15. #35

    Default Re: DSLR alike Compact Camera

    Quote Originally Posted by Verilost19 View Post
    went to test test
    Turning Fan
    ISO 1000 F/5.0 0.04sec

    when i take using mirrorless with flash on ceiling fan moving, i able to take the blade as it is not moving.

    on other the blade is blur

    i thought that if the camera able to take moving ceiling fan with the blade not moving mean the camera is fast correct?
    Last edited by steventay; 27th March 2013 at 11:06 PM.
    Newbie in photography.
    OMD EM-5, 12-50mm

  16. #36

    Default Re: DSLR alike Compact Camera

    Quote Originally Posted by steventay View Post
    when i take using mirrorless with flash on ceiling fan moving, i able to take the blade as it is not moving.

    on other the blade is blur

    i thought that if the camera able to take moving ceiling fan with the blade not moving mean the camera is fast correct?
    huh?? with inbuilt flash arh...na...this pic ok?


    as for moving kids, i have yet to use this cam on street..I try and update
    Let's not OT anymore ..back to TS

  17. #37

    Default Re: DSLR alike Compact Camera

    Quote Originally Posted by Verilost19 View Post
    huh?? with inbuilt flash arh...na...this pic ok?


    as for moving kids, i have yet to use this cam on street..I try and update
    Let's not OT anymore ..back to TS
    what camera are you using? using auto mode?

    what about taking at a distance of at least 2m?
    Newbie in photography.
    OMD EM-5, 12-50mm

  18. #38

    Default Re: DSLR alike Compact Camera

    Quote Originally Posted by steventay View Post
    i want to take my active baby moving around and also want to take landscapes and also use for traveling

    i try G15 using auto mode and unable to achieve sharp image with or without flash.

    i don't know how to use manual mode or p mode.

    i try using mirrorless taking using auto mode too, to certain extend i can get good image.

    i heard G15 is very good on taking macro.

    as a beginner i use the camera as PNS whether it is mirrorless or not
    If you want to achieve what you have mentioned, you will need to get out of auto and learn about the exposure triangle (ISO, shutter speed, aperture) and at least use semi-auto modes like Aperture priority or Shutter priority (which is more relevant to you since you want "fast" shots)

    Why, you might ask? Why cannot auto?

    Because the camera, regardless of type/brand/level, don't always understand what you are trying to achieve with your shot. Better cameras (in your case, the mirrorless; I don't understand why you never specify what mirrorless you used, you ashamed of it?) may be 'smarter' and more capable to produce the shot you want in auto mode, but that's about it. If you don't understand what's going on, you will only get better crap if u shoot with better cameras.

    And yes, there's also a need to understand the limitations of your camera.
    hi

  19. #39

    Default Re: DSLR alike Compact Camera

    I using panasonic DMV-g3 and OM-D both can achieve using auto mode.

    I tested 650D also can achieve using auto.

    I need auto mode cos the camera is not only I use and must be simple and easy to use auto
    Last edited by steventay; 28th March 2013 at 01:19 AM.

  20. #40
    Moderator Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    12,393

    Default Re: DSLR alike Compact Camera

    Quote Originally Posted by steventay View Post
    when i take using mirrorless with flash on ceiling fan moving, i able to take the blade as it is not moving.
    on other the blade is blur
    i thought that if the camera able to take moving ceiling fan with the blade not moving mean the camera is fast correct?
    Not correct. But since you chose to ignore advices for reading (at least to get your terms correct) ...
    If you want to achieve certain effects you MUST learn what the camera is doing when capturing an image. You MUST learn how to adjust a camera in order to achieve what you want.
    If you don't want to learn, best you hire somebody to take the pictures you want. Or you simply wait till cameras are able to read your mind.
    EOS

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •