Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 51

Thread: Police Using Subaru Wrx Soon

  1. #1

    Default Police Using Subaru Wrx Soon

    Sit tight if you are the speed monster, soon will be the target for the man in blue with their new WRX..

    Wondering is their current BMW not doing the job well for them?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Punggol Park
    Posts
    1,977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Teo
    Sit tight if you are the speed monster, soon will be the target for the man in blue with their new WRX..

    Wondering is their current BMW not doing the job well for them?
    I am asking the same qn too or Subaru is cheaper ?

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    beebox
    Posts
    2,078

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jeff49er
    I am asking the same qn too or Subaru is cheaper ?

    maybe too many Wrx are impounded and they dunno wad to do with them ?

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    In my own world
    Posts
    1,314

    Default

    How many times in a year do u see a police car chasing on the road?

    wasting taxpayers' money.....

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Cons digger.
    Posts
    3,924

    Default

    i see them chasing speedster rather often.. i'm on the cte/pie almost everynight

    at the peak of their speed catching I can see like 4 chases in the month.

    From what i read from the papers. It seems that WRX are quoted the cheapest with the best performance.
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Cons digger.
    Posts
    3,924

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rainman
    How many times in a year do u see a police car chasing on the road?

    wasting taxpayers' money.....
    actually i do agree it's kind of wasting tax payers money.. having said about speed chases.. i've also seen the TP volvo weaving in and out between cars like a typical bengster driver. What gives? TP well trained means they can fluant their 'skills'? If I was fast enough to take down that car number I'll make sure the case never ends.
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rainman
    How many times in a year do u see a police car chasing on the road?

    wasting taxpayers' money.....
    French police have a Lambroghini Mucialago... now tat's wasting tax payer's money...

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    beebox
    Posts
    2,078

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RossChang
    French police have a Lambroghini Mucialago... now tat's wasting tax payer's money...

    Italian Caberini(TP) riding BMW RT...actually i dun see anything wrong with that.

    would u rather see our police force driving a kia or hyundai ?

  9. #9
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default

    Simple. Install traffic lights & speed cameras along expressways.

    *espn runs away.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Hommie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RossChang
    French police have a Lambroghini Mucialago... now tat's wasting tax payer's money...
    Where the hell are the french police gonna keep the traffic offender on the Mucialago once they caught them?? There's no back sit!

  11. #11

    Default

    maybe the day when the police uses helicopter to join in the high speed chase....

    till that day, TP will still need to have a high pick-up vehicle to prevent the speeder to disappear right in front of their eyes... LOL~

    just my opinion...
    Last edited by mobby; 28th March 2005 at 03:11 PM.

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hommie
    Where the hell are the french police gonna keep the traffic offender on the Mucialago once they caught them?? There's no back sit!
    I guess they played too much NFS Hot Pursuit...

    Backseat?... I tot they squeeze 'em in the front trunk?... muahahahahahaha

  13. #13
    Senior Member Hommie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RossChang
    I guess they played too much NFS Hot Pursuit...

    Backseat?... I tot they squeeze 'em in the front trunk?... muahahahahahaha
    You mean after the french chopped up their traffic offender into bite size??

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay
    actually i do agree it's kind of wasting tax payers money.. having said about speed chases.. i've also seen the TP volvo weaving in and out between cars like a typical bengster driver. What gives? TP well trained means they can fluant their 'skills'? If I was fast enough to take down that car number I'll make sure the case never ends.
    i am tempted to install a video camera on my car to tape down police car speeding on normal road & expressways... if we should keep to the speed limit, so are they, and if they break the law, they should be fine double...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Singapore/Thailand
    Posts
    4,642

    Default

    Simple. Install traffic lights & speed cameras along expressways.

    *espn runs away.
    Make that "Install traffic lights & NIKON speed cameras along expressways." :P heehee

    *parkertr runs away
    Budget wedding photographer :)

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Astin Studio
    Posts
    4,736

    Default

    I am not interested to know what car is driven by police, but I am more interested to know what camera is used by police photographer.
    Would that be a Nikon or Canon? Or a Sony with Nightshot?

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    lulu island
    Posts
    6,131

    Default

    can anyone tell what make/model is this camera?
    http://motoring.asiaone.com.sg/artic...50224_001.html

  18. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RossChang
    French police have a Lambroghini Mucialago... now tat's wasting tax payer's money...
    From what I read, the Italian's Lambo is not used for chases. They are used to deliver critical supplies. Kinda stupid considering that they can use helos for such work.

  19. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SteadyHands
    From what I read, the Italian's Lambo is not used for chases. They are used to deliver critical supplies. Kinda stupid considering that they can use helos for such work.
    use lambo's to deliver supplies? ... err ... lambo not much boot space .. right? ... how much can u deliver with them?

  20. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    near the Equator
    Posts
    1,255

    Default

    No no, the Lambo is for their SWAT operators.Armor plated too...LOL
    We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities. - Oscar Wilde

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •