Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Australian police 'naive' to tell public not to film

  1. #1

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    sing
    Posts
    3,353

    Default Re: Australian police 'naive' to tell public not to film

    Asia is not Australia. SG is not Australia. Here, you cannot photo a flood that is near to Bukit Timah Avenue 2 to 6 where powerful people stay.

    WanBao photographer arrested for pictures of flood! - Page 2 - www.hardwarezone.com.sg

  3. #3
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Australian police 'naive' to tell public not to film

    That was for the safety of the photographer.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Australian police 'naive' to tell public not to film

    Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    Asia is not Australia. SG is not Australia. Here, you cannot photo a flood that is near to Bukit Timah Avenue 2 to 6 where powerful people stay.

    WanBao photographer arrested for pictures of flood! - Page 2 - www.hardwarezone.com.sg
    The thread starter is one of the members who started TRE, from which the stories/articles are always against the government or government agencies.

    and... knowing Lianhe newspapers for their shoddy news reporting and lack of journalistic integrity and bullying tactics to get the news (my friend's death and an friend's cousin's death were given extremely negative publicity just to drive up readership, even though the article and cause of death were certainly unrelated and they weren't the sort to do such things...), really now? just because someone stands up to the police, that his story must hold truth?

    all i know is that the debate went on and on and on with only the photographer's side of the story. by the way, he wasn't arrested, even in the recount. just detained.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Australian police 'naive' to tell public not to film

    anyways...

    we are now ruled the the internet.

    long live the internet.

    woo hoo!

  6. #6

    Default Re: Australian police 'naive' to tell public not to film

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    ... knowing Lianhe newspapers for their shoddy news reporting and lack of journalistic integrity and bullying tactics to get the news....
    wait wait wait got any mainstream paper really have accurate, unbiased, integral journalism ?
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

  7. #7
    Moderator diver-hloc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Somewhere North
    Posts
    5,201

    Default Re: Australian police 'naive' to tell public not to film

    Quote Originally Posted by Shizuma View Post
    wait wait wait got any mainstream paper really have accurate, unbiased, integral journalism ?

    Agree... all 'Mainstream' media are bias one way or the other... either for, or against someone/group/party...

    Scuba & Father... For Life

  8. #8

    Default Re: Australian police 'naive' to tell public not to film

    Quote Originally Posted by Shizuma View Post
    wait wait wait got any mainstream paper really have accurate, unbiased, integral journalism ?
    same thing with non-mainstream news sources like Yahoo! News and "legitimate" facebook news sources

  9. #9
    Moderator rhino123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    NA
    Posts
    5,247

    Default Re: Australian police 'naive' to tell public not to film

    So in simpler words, "Don't trust anyone, source or parties. All of them are bias toward something and all of them might have hidden agenda behind their words. Just read whatever was on the net, do your own analysis, and if that particular news would have impact on you (for whatever reasons, be it on your investment, rights, etc) then do more research and then decide your next action base on your research... and if you still miss that step or move... then you can only remember this word from a wise old man - you go in with your eyes open."
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rhino123 View Post
    So in simpler words, "Don't trust anyone, source or parties. All of them are bias toward something and all of them might have hidden agenda behind their words. Just read whatever was on the net, do your own analysis, and if that particular news would have impact on you (for whatever reasons, be it on your investment, rights, etc) then do more research and then decide your next action base on your research... and if you still miss that step or move... then you can only remember this word from a wise old man - you go in with your eyes open."
    Haha! But TBH, singaporeans are more followers than leaders. Lemmings!

  11. #11
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Australian police 'naive' to tell public not to film

    Kevin Lynch, a lawyer from Johnson, Winter & Slattery, which provides legal advice to Fairfax Media, said it was legal to film anyone as long as you are on public property or have the permission of a property owner to film.
    And of course with common sense when instructed by mata.

    Happy shooting all.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    sing
    Posts
    3,353

    Default Re: Australian police 'naive' to tell public not to film

    There are times when it is not appropriate to take photographs.
    Use your judgement.
    For example when the mother was screaming and crying over her two sons' dead bodies in Tampines.
    Last edited by ricohflex; 7th March 2013 at 09:38 PM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •