Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: D800 for wedding photography

Quote Originally Posted by Cowseye

Even if not from a D3s, there are ppl like me, who hadn't a D3(s), have a huge resistant to get D4 due to the unaffordable XQD card. Just not comfortable shooting with only one card in slot for damage card mitigation.
    Speaking of XQD, there isn't any further development on that particular format...
    KF Photography
    Thanks for viewing!

Default Re: D800 for wedding photography

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    oooh, my bad. my S$6.5K++ are grey goods.

D3s's ergonomics is not that friendly to people with smaller hands esp. when shooting in portraiture mode, of course, this is a case of 'YMMV'.

the new D4's portraiture mode shooting is a huge improvement due to the implementation of the smaller direction control 'joystick'.

anyway, its certainly a big thing for me since I have a pair of small hands! kekekeke
    Don't flame me, but my hands are huge enough to actually reach the large dial instead of the small one

Note on the portrait is a painful thing on the thumb when shooting whole day on the 24-70 + SB900/910. The little 'notch' that the thumb supports, tends to weigh down on the thumb and it kind of hurts over time.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowseye View Post
    Even if not from a D3s, there are ppl like me, who hadn't a D3(s), have a huge resistant to get D4 due to the unaffordable XQD card. Just not comfortable shooting with only one card in slot for damage card mitigation.
    XQD isn't all that unaffordable if you ship it in from Amazon. They're selling much cheaper than CP. In fact, the 2pieces 32GB XQDs I shipped in, including shipping, barely hits the asking price of CP's 32GB (1 piece).

The speed is fascinating, shooting dual, my XQD always finishes writing way ahead of the CF. But with a 53 RAW buffer, don't really see the worry on speed.

Thinking of shipping in another piece of 32GB.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur Shadow View Post
    Speaking of XQD, there isn't any further development on that particular format...
    Lexar has launched it's XQD version and also a XQD reader.

Will take some time I guess.

now you mention that, it was one of my concerns too, and probably still one of the concerns for those who decided not to take up the D4.

Quote Originally Posted by avsquare View Post
    now you mention that, it was one of my concerns too, and probably still one of the concerns for those who decided not to take up the D4.
    Third that ^^

Quote Originally Posted by lenslust View Post
    Don't flame me, but my hands are huge enough to actually reach the large dial instead of the small one

Note on the portrait is a painful thing on the thumb when shooting whole day on the 24-70 + SB900/910. The little 'notch' that the thumb supports, tends to weigh down on the thumb and it kind of hurts over time.
    good for u.

huat ah!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Blog Entries

I got my 32GB XQD for $170 a piece... and by gosh it is a lot faster than the x1000 Lexar CF. And the scary part is, mine is the H-series, which is not the fastest one. S-series is very much faster I heard.

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    I got my 32GB XQD for $170 a piece... and by gosh it is a lot faster than the x1000 Lexar CF. And the scary part is, mine is the H-series, which is not the fastest one. S-series is very much faster I heard.
    Same, using the H series (125mb/s) is already very fast. S-series is rated at 168mb/s. Technically 33% faster than H-series. No money to order one. Very happy with a the H-series, a few more would suffice.

But like I said, with the large buffer of 53, there isn't really anything to fret for the usual shooters to really need the H-series.

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123

Bro, can share your source?
    Equipment: D800|D700|11-16|28-75|105 Micro VR|50 F1.4G|85 F1.8G
    Through the Lens of Cowseye

Blog Entries

Bro, can share your source?
    Amazon. But need to time your purchase according to the major sales. And I have friends who hand carry back to me.

Next big sale is Memorial Day end of May.

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123

Amazon. But need to time your purchase according to the major sales. And I have friends who hand carry back to me.

Next big sale is Memorial Day end of May.
    Thanks bro
    Equipment: D800|D700|11-16|28-75|105 Micro VR|50 F1.4G|85 F1.8G
    Through the Lens of Cowseye

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345