Thread: unfaithful

Default unfaithful

just saw the show.. wow!! diane lane is great.

hey, me too...i just watched the show at marina today...great movie...advise all of u to watch..dun miss this show...

the show should be R(A).. but is not.. hehhh. they should have made it R(A) then that one scene(you know which one) would not have been cut.

same here watched it at marina today

was really surprise it is actually NC-16.. since when censor board start showing 'leniency' ?

hmm.. IF you are richard gere.. what would u do ???

So there are censored in the show?

Hmmmmmmmm

Originally posted by Beattitude
    same here watched it at marina today

was really surprise it is actually NC-16.. since when censor board start showing 'leniency' ?

hmm.. IF you are richard gere.. what would u do ???
    What would anyone do? I reckon this would be interesting discuss to start. (In case you didn't know what happened to Richard Gere in the movie, his wife was cheating on him) So the main question here is, what would you do if you discovered your other half (wife/husband, boyfriend/girlfriend) was cheating on you?
    --
    "High Wired, Dream Sired"

"fxxk u"
    "ah ha.. tt will make u very happy"
    hahahahah ~

Originally posted by RuthBaby
    "fxxk u"
    "ah ha.. tt will make u very happy"
    hahahahah ~
    heh.. one of the more interesting lines in the script..

Blog Entries

Originally posted by Wolfgang
    What would anyone do? I reckon this would be interesting discuss to start. (In case you didn't know what happened to Richard Gere in the movie, his wife was cheating on him) So the main question here is, what would you do if you discovered your other half (wife/husband, boyfriend/girlfriend) was cheating on you?
    Quoting from a book I am currently re-reading :-

From The Science of Discworld
    Humans generally mate for life (a term meaning "until we get fed up') and one reason is the enormous amount of effort that a human couple must put into raising their kids. Sex helps to cement the parental relationship, encouraging each parent to trust the other. This may be why, even in an allegedly sexually relaxed age, most people see extramarital flings as a form of betrayal - and why, despite that, the erring partner is more than often allowed back intot the family fold.
    Obviously this would only apply to couples with kids, bf/gf situation or couple without kids would not have the "ties" to bind. In most cases, the person-at-fault would be "forgiven" for the sake of the kids but the relationship will definitely have changed - it will no longer be as trusting as before. Unless of course, the flings reoccur and there is no attempt to stop, then the relationship will break down.

I guess the most appropriate question to ask yourself is "Are you willing to risk a lifetime of anger/mis-trust for 5 minutes of pleasure?"

Originally posted by Darren
    Quoting from a book I am currently re-reading :-

Obviously this would only apply to couples with kids, bf/gf situation or couple without kids would not have the "ties" to bind. In most cases, the person-at-fault would be "forgiven" for the sake of the kids but the relationship will definitely have changed - it will no longer be as trusting as before. Unless of course, the flings reoccur and there is no attempt to stop, then the relationship will break down.

I guess the most appropriate question to ask yourself is "Are you willing to risk a lifetime of anger/mis-trust for 5 minutes of pleasure?"
    5 mins? I would think that it would last longer than that?

But, yes, i agree with you.

It's not worth betraying your loved one's trust, if even if it was for that moment of pleasure...

Darren, you're reading DiscWorld... you're a Pratchett Fan?
    Last edited by Wolfgang; 26th August 2002 at 12:27 PM.
    --

Blog Entries

5 mins? I would think that it would last longer than that?
    There's an article in The New Paper - here - that gives an insight into the average time taken for intercourse. So, let's say between 2-10 minutes.

Darren, you're reading DiscWorld... you're a Pratchett Fan?
    Yup, yup, I have ALL his books (except the co-authored ones with Neil Gaiman and the Truckers/Diggers series. Really funny stories. Better than Douglas Adms if you ask me.

The Science of Discworld and Science of Discworld II have not made it to Singapore shores yet - i bought them in Australia a couple months back. (or maybe the first one has, have not been browsing in bookstores for a while)

Originally posted by Darren
    There's an article in The New Paper - here - that gives an insight into the average time taken for intercourse. So, let's say between 2-10 minutes.

Yup, yup, I have ALL his books (except the co-authored ones with Neil Gaiman and the Truckers/Diggers series. Really funny stories. Better than Douglas Adms if you ask me.

The Science of Discworld and Science of Discworld II have not made it to Singapore shores yet - i bought them in Australia a couple months back. (or maybe the first one has, have not been browsing in bookstores for a while)
    Really? Great. One day, if you are keen, do try out the one he co wrote with Gaiman. It's REALLY good.
    --

i loved Unfaithful.
    they should have made it R(A).
    Oliver Martinez (is gorgeous) is hot.
    Diane Lane is hot (and sexy).
    Richard Gere is sweet (but old).
    The love scenes (whooped a stirring in doc's pants) were tastefully done.
    Last edited by wildhoney; 27th August 2002 at 05:30 PM.

I personally feel that the show is overrated. They could have explored Gere's and Martinez's perspective further.

I haven't got time to watch this movie but if you guys find this type of movie interesting, I believe you might want to read this book written by Carol Botwin: Men Who Can't Be Faithful

I think the movie deals with the topic quite differently from the book you recommended.

Quote Originally Posted by shaann
    hey, me too...i just watched the show at marina today...great movie...advise all of u to watch..dun miss this show...

wha so nice meh?

Quote Originally Posted by rainman
    wha so nice meh?

hahah what a long time ago thread!!

thread resurrection. seen this happen many times. think its a hidden feature of clubsnap. the forum is becoming self aware.